Who Liked SC3?

Nothing. The concepts aren't even directly related, but that is the only huge change in the engine for SC4, so let no-one say that Soul Charge is the thing that makes 1, 2 or 3 better than 4. The trade-off may have been unnecessary, but it was still positive.

I did enjoy playing SC3.

Me and my guys didn't even know what VC was. Yeah, some character were unbalanced and shit, but still.. I had loads of fun playing the game back in the day.

i still like the game, and i play it at work since i have my ps2 up there. the things i like are the number of nice stages, speed, and a few of the new mechanics like tech traps. things i didnt like, and i am speaking from only a maxi point of view is basically what i could do in SC2 that i cant do in 3. moves lost or changed, different transitions, loss of cancels. some characters were out of control. bonus characters were gimmicky as hell. some of the music was pretty good. chronicles of the sword was shit to me.

Absolutely.

I didn't and still don't like the fighting in that one (I don't know if moves did more damage or the character had less health but matches seemed to be over in an instant.)

The AI was terrible (it ranged from stand there and let you win, to mind reading ass kickulator that would KO you before you could say "GOD DAMN the lance is over powered!") In fact I was happy to learn I wasn't the only one that thought this, apparently one of the biggest complaints with the game was the cheap way the AI played.

The CaC styles ranged from totally useless (knife) to S tier (lance)

But despite all this, the game had Excellent single player mods (CotS rocked) and while the CaS graphics were far behind the regular character graphics for some odd reason, it stil lhad a very large selection of clothing and many interesting ways to dress up your character.

Of course I can't forget it did also have Tira in her SC3 outfit which runs circles around her SC4 one.

Damn straight, I don't know what was better the overall outfit or the underboob, but it doesn't matter because we got both....

I thought it was fun, but I also never bothered with any of the goofy-ass VCC stuff. I wasn't playing competitively and it looked more stupid than fun.

To be honest, I didn't play this game until about a year before S.C.4 came out but to me there were a lot of redeeming factors. First and foremost, Mitsu. God I miss his moveset! If this version could have half of what they took away from him from 3 I don't think I would ever stop playing. 2nd was of course the CaS. I loved it when I found out that my favorite series ever had this. 3rd was the bonus characters actually had their own weapons and movesets. I really think they should have kept this on 4 along with being able to use your favorite characters move list. And finally, I liked the stages so much more than this version. The flaming hall with the Nightmare painting was awesome. What the hell is up with all the round wall-less stages. Seems so contrived to me.

SC3 sucked...but it could have been a lot more enjoyable if the community had banned VC to begin with.
Otherwise I think we ended SC3 with a decent high level community of players.

in short it was a bullshit glitch that ruined the game....
in long... it was a button command that let you cancel moves with 0 recovery frames and be able to therefore enter into another command and having it "technically" combo. As you'd expect... it led to a lot of infinite combos and a lot of instant ring-out combos. And at the very least led to hugggge damage combos that shouldn't have been in there.

I never played the game because the idiots decided to just poop it out for the playstation. I don't know why they would do that after the huge amount of players it probably got by having put it on gamecube/xbox/ps2 back for SC2.... just didn't make sense to me. I mean I played it once while babysitting... but i didn't "really" play it therefore....

Good thing they at least 2 way multi-platformed SC4 for 360 and ps3. I mean... imagine how much of the community would have been lost/stayed lost if that were the case... probably would have even come out for the wii if it weren't for the ugly graphics on that piece of trash machine.. lol (ehh.. there are some fun thigns to play on the wii).

VC was G225 or something like that and yeah, allowed instant recovery from GI/throws/a bunch of moves. It was dumb. SC2 had something similar. Glad Namco finally rewrote that bit of the engine.

The stages from SC3 were rad. I wish they were downloadable content or something for 4. :(

Love SC3 ------- a lot of ppl said that Talim wasn't good in that one but I loved her. I had combos for days with her. Mitsurugi was good, but yun seong was the shit. I hate what they did to him in SC4, they just got rid of everything that was good with him. *sigh*

Alex.J

Kinda surprises me to see someone ranked to highly saying something positive about SC3 like that.

Unless your being sarcastic? I dont know you so i cant tell.

Back