Who Liked SC3?

SC3 (pal and jap version only...but if people are fine with us ver. i have no problem with that) is being ran at SC4 regionals in chicago...

GET HYPE!!!

pal and jp version still have VC, yet they nerfed characters who weren't good in the first place (nightmare, raph, abyss). fail

I liked the extra characters. Valeria FTW.

Tiamat: Yeah, the loss of the 1[A]6 GS KK guaranteed on GB was really painful. They also changed 4B to -5 on block in the PAL version, which was pretty horrible considering it was what, +2 or something in the US version. But my biggest complaint was the massive nerfing on Valeria's 66A... man that move was awesome in the US version.

From what I've seen of the game, barring the VC this game seemed to be a lot of fun. It seemed that that the pace of the game was much faster than any other version.

Tiamat: Yeah, the loss of the 1[A]6 GS KK guaranteed on GB was really painful. They also changed 4B to -5 on block in the PAL version, which was pretty horrible considering it was what, +2 or something in the US version.

4B was +5 MINIMUM my friend ^_^

LG: Valeria's 66A was nerfed in JPN and PAL? That's sad....shit was completely steppable in the NTSC version.

greatone: SC2 had the quickest pace in terms of overall movement, etc, but was hampered by ridiculously turtle-friendly mechanics like step~g. SC3 with VCs all over the place was really, really fun, though. It was just as fun without VC, though I sort of liked them insofar as they gave you some really interesting defensive options/mixups off of commonplace stuff like simple throw breaks.

gawd alot of replys over the last few days.

lol their really repping SC3 at the SC4 Regionals? That sounds like fun! they should probs be doing SC2 aswell then yeah? Considering its (Reguarded as) a much better game for tourneys. Id pay $10 to join just for the fun of it.

Aye i hear Lance was quiet broken in SC3? Eclair was telling me that Cyraxix (Melbourne Hilda player) was using Lance the other day and using some horizontal attack that spanned the whole ring :|

Alex.J

Kinda surprises me to see someone ranked to highly saying something positive about SC3 like that.

Unless your being sarcastic? I dont know you so i cant tell.

Yeah I am serious, it was a great game.

BTW, the true power of Lans is his machine gun laugh.

Wait I wanna clarify here, so this VC glitch let you cancel moves and things like that with zero recovery frames, which as one might assume, led to a crap load of infinites, instant ringout combos, and just plain match deciding damage combos?.....was it an actual glitch or just like the most poorly thought out feature in video game history?

Ruined Talim, looked kinda rushed, the endings....-_-, pretty bad fighter in general.

Yeah, not a big fan of it.

AND they took some of the music from SC2 and just planted it in the game.

Wait I wanna clarify here, so this VC glitch let you cancel moves and things like that with zero recovery frames, which as one might assume, led to a crap load of infinites, instant ringout combos, and just plain match deciding damage combos?.....was it an actual glitch or just like the most poorly thought out feature in video game history?

It was an intentional glitch because Namco decided to keep it in. The glitch wasn't nearly as bad as most people want to make it out to be. There were no infinities and one instant ring out that was very gimmicky unlike Hilde's ring out combo. Nothing really poorly thought out in SC3, just the same people in SC4 who like to complain about button binds, counter picking, tiers, characters, and any other thing they can think about.

There were no infinities

Taki had one, though it didn't involve a glitch, and no one actually used it in tournament play enough for people to care. Reason being a combination of the infinite being situational and people being lazy.

Taki had one, though it didn't involve a glitch, and no one actually used it in tournament play enough for people to care. Reason being a combination of the infinite being situational and people being lazy.

Taki only had an infinity in theory because that bomb A stuff was way too hard to do and no one could ever really do multiples of it. Unless you were talking about the poison dust which was never an infinite because you could wiggle out of it.

I'm talking about poison dart. If she's got a corner (admittedly there weren't many) she could move a bit as well and prevent escapes.

Alex i'm surprised you didn't remember that infinite of Taki's with the poison dart....remember when we took that trip to New Jersey for Clash 07? When we were doing the east coast-west coast team tourney Dreamkiller used that infinite against Lans in the cage stage in the corner....took over half his life with it and killed him.

Back