Who Liked SC3?

Ey ey suggestion for some fkn fun SC3ing. Choose the Slippery stage on special vs go Asta v Asta and set your health to maximum and fkn hell fun times! So many fluke ROs and full charged bull rush self ROs its fkn crazy! Sooo many times one of those 2 walls on each side of the stage saved my ass. you could try it with any character but i found it to be most fun with Asta.

I think ive already said this but I thing the single player in SC3 SHITS ON SC4s. Thats probrally not that hard but yeah. Chronicles was a lil lame and got grindy towards the end but it and alot of the modes I found were a very innovative and immaginative departure from SCs standard Arcade affair. Where the hell did tournament go? I got up to tourney 10/12 once using olcudan for the most part.

Speaking of... Where the hell is a mokugin like character for SC4!? Another question im repeating but WTF!? Ive heard answers like "loading fighting styles between rounds" but i say Bollocks to that! if Tekken 5dr has Mokugin as a usable character between rounds then SC4 should be able to pull it off too! If this was the case then OFFMATIC would be alot less special for being able to use every character :P.

The new SC4 or whatever for the SP should have a new Mokugin character as well as CAS fighting styles like SC3 did.

Slippery stage

The EC INVENTED Slip Calibur lol.
It was pretty fun the few times we played it.
Zas and Mina were top tier at it (Yeah, she's ACTUALLY good at something, i know lol.)

We also played 30's Calibur.
But that never took off or wasn't as fun =/

I'm with Jaxel on this one. It really did a number on the gaming community. We lost some good people because the changes were so drastic. Personally, I learned to deal with SC3, but I didn't like it nearly as much as I liked SC2. I was able to work with Mina in SC# because she improved, but my Nightmare play was ruined because of how they changed so many of the inputs.

The ironic thing is, in SC3 I tried hard to get a friend of mine to play, even though he hated it. Now in SC4, I'm not liking it. It 's so bad I called him up and apologized to him because it's only now that I understood how he felt. Did any other fighting game changes the move lists so drastically as the SC series?

Yeh ive said this before. I played Tekken 2 in Tekken 5s arcade recently and ALOT of the moves have stayed the same since then. The same juggles can be used and all! Keep in mind were talking about a game that came out in the arcades in 1995 and has had more sequels than Tekken. Personally i think its shit that Namco feel the need to change the inputs for their characters so drastically in almost every SC. veteran Voldo and Ivy players will really agree with me on this one.

change is a good thing.

that's one of the greatest things about the soul calibur series...

EVERY GAME felt like a brand new game.

especially the change from sc2 to sc3

exactly, change is good, keeps it fresh. rather not have the same moves I've had since the beginning of time *cough like most of the StreetFigher4 cast cough*

Not when change involves stripping a character out of everything good she had *COUGH COUGH ESS SEE FOR COUGH COUGH*

I gotta convince NY to start playing this more.
I think I'll be content with an hour a week....maybe two.

Big problem with SC3 were the ridiculous amounts of bugs that cropped up. If Namco had done their beta testing right, it would have been a lot better. VC was nearly a death blow.

I'm with Jaxel on this one. It really did a number on the gaming community. We lost some good people because the changes were so drastic. Personally, I learned to deal with SC3, but I didn't like it nearly as much as I liked SC2. I was able to work with Mina in SC# because she improved, but my Nightmare play was ruined because of how they changed so many of the inputs.

The ironic thing is, in SC3 I tried hard to get a friend of mine to play, even though he hated it. Now in SC4, I'm not liking it. It 's so bad I called him up and apologized to him because it's only now that I understood how he felt. Did any other fighting game changes the move lists so drastically as the SC series?

Is it really that hard to get used to new inputs? I started with Soulcalibur IV, but I've recently been playing around a bit with Soulcalibur II. Personally, I find it fun to go through a character's movelist and try to compare things and see how they function and stuff. Seems like it would get boring playing the exact same game for ten years.

Big problem with SC3 were the ridiculous amounts of bugs that cropped up. If Namco had done their beta testing right, it would have been a lot better. VC was nearly a death blow.

What did VC do that was actually so bad?

Is it really that hard to get used to new inputs? I started with Soulcalibur IV, but I've recently been playing around a bit with Soulcalibur II. Personally, I find it fun to go through a character's movelist and try to compare things and see how they function and stuff. Seems like it would get boring playing the exact same game for ten years.

Except for Ivy, whom apparently Namco decided they need to completely overhaul for every game, I never thought Namco was any worse with SC than they were Tekken.

What did VC do that was actually so bad?

It was broke-ass and it looked stupid.

maxx: It does suck when they do that. I do think change is supposed to be a good thing though. Problem is when they just give you straight downgrades all over the place with nothing or barely anything new to work with. Personally I was disappointed with SC4 Nightmare, not because I thought he was bad, but because he was just so unchanged. Not much new stuff to work with is dull.

hm i see your point with Change being a good thing... but something I do maintain dissagreement with it having the same move have a different input. Voldo is the only character I can really back this up with but yeah His inputs had changed completely from SC3 i felt like i was playing a totally new character whos moves looked identical. At any rate overall do we think that the changes made to characters over the years have been for the better or worse? I get the feeling if anyone answers this it will most likely be along the lines of "SC2=perfection/glory days" but yeah. I find SC4 Seig > SC3 Seig and thats my only comment on that :P

On a different note check this out
those of you familiar with Zero punctuation will like this. Tiamat my guess is you will definately like this if you havent seen it already

Even tho it's buggy nature, I still like SC3 the most out of all the games from the franchise just because it clicked with me the most. Even tho it had some gimmick-stuff in it, i liked it (COTS) and since I'm not a graphics whore I enjoy the colorful spirit of 3 more than the glossy 4. In fact, right now I'm replaying Cots after getting bored of the WMM of sc2.

If everyone thinks Soulcalibur II was so good, why the hell aren't there any tournaments for it anymore? People still play the old Street Fighter games, so it's not like you can say "z0mfg 2 old". I'm not really talking $15 type shit, but maybe $1 or $5 side-tourneys at larger events.

If everyone thinks Soulcalibur II was so good, why the hell aren't there any tournaments for it anymore? People still play the old Street Fighter games, so it's not like you can say "z0mfg 2 old". I'm not really talking $15 type shit, but maybe $1 or $5 side-tourneys at larger events.

We went back to running SC2 tourneys during SC3, FYI. At both the last biweeklies, after you left, we played SC2 for a couple of hours as well.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that SC2 doesn't play anything at all like 3/4 (or most anything else really), and a lot of the players for those games dropped Calibur altogether after the bomb that was 3.

The SC series isn't as popular as SF, and it hasn't had nearly as many updates/sequels.

Back