Why did you choose this character 2B your main?

Why did you choose this character 2B your main

Taki since SoulEdge.
Speed -you don't have to hit harder if you hit faster and more.
It also doesn't hurt that she's not bad on the eyes either...
An attractive female who can fight well is that much hotter!

I have been using Seigfried since soulblade er souledge... whatever. I picked him because he reminded me a little of the anime Berserk. I have always liked the idea of swinging around a big sword. Maybe I could have worded that last sentence a little better.

Ling Xiaoyu has been by main since her debut in T3, and X is Ling with a sword so it was a perfect match made in heaven. Add that she is not over used, fast and safe, right up my ally for what i look for in a character.

Hilde was my main because I mained X in SC3.
Friends told me to stop Tier Whoring and to choose a mid-tier character. Asking for a mid-low tier character, they said pick Hilde. And here we are.

Ah, another one.

Irony, gets you every time, huh?

My journey through mains has been a complex one. I start off with Yun-Seong, because he's the only one I could pull off critical finishes with, and most people hadn't picked up on his limited array of tricks yet, so I could win pretty consistently that way. Yun's just stylish. I still like to use him once in awhile.

I moved on to Ivy, picking up all of her moves and stances before she really got popular online. But I eventually stopped using her out of guilt that I just couldn't do SS/CS consistently on a pad. If I can't use two of her best moves I'll never be top-level with her, so what's the point? I liked her because I've pretty much always used Ivy, and yeah, she's also smokin' hot if you ask me, even though they kinda screwed up her face in SC4.

I went to Xianghua after that. X has a lot of ways to mix you up and go into "Just kidding!" at random. She also pisses people off online when you "Just kidding!" at their unconscious character between rounds, and that's just amusing. Female CASes look great using her movelist too.

But then I ran into a Zasalamel player that in retrospect probably was pretty mediocre, but just his general gameplan, when used right, really intrigued me. The idea that I can drag someone in with a combo, throw them over my head, throw them back in front of me, and then drag them back in and mix them up again was just awesome to me. The psychological edge I felt you could get while using a character that would remove control of one's character from them seemed like a gold mine to me, and I've been scything motherfuckers that say he's bottom-tier to death ever since.

I also picked up Cerv because I feel he's also underrated, but Zas remains my main for the time being.

Ivy will always be my favorite character of all time. Believe it or not the 1st time I saw soul calibur was when I was working in my job. I didn't even work at a game store, I worked at a store making drinks and such, but my manager was really into soul calibur. He had a tv at the back of the store, and him and his friends would play in the back. I remember one day my managers friend picked her and I was just surprised how deadly this character could be. After seeing this guy play wit her I had to to get the game because I though she was so bad ass.
Now this is going back to soul calibur 2, if you never played soul calibur and the 1st person you pick is ivy, you have a long journey ahead of you if you want to master the characer with the 2 most complex and deadly grabs in the game.Now dont get me wrong, i had to lose alot, and i mean a lot, to get to the level that I'm In now with her. To make a long story short, it took me a good time to be at a level of my manager and his boys. Once I was able to master her I was able to hang with the best, surpass the guy who "demonstrated" her to me, and literally get paid by the hour to play soul calibur.
No matter who you are, if you have been playing soul calibur as long as I've have, if you have a room and somebody picks this mean B**** you know u cannot take them lightly. She's quick, has the range, power, and in my opinion the speed to hang with the best. She's a force to be reckoned with especially if you've spent countless hours figuring out ways to land probably the hardest 5 consecutive just frames in the game.
For the fact that she has an array of moves , unblockables, just frames and grabs, she is my favorite character. Not only for those reasons, but mainly for the reason for her style captivating me to play probably one of the best fighting games I've Ever played.

I saw Kilik on a Gameshark demo video for my Dreamcast doing his :A: + :G: throw and I was hooked (It's true).

I've been using Sophitia since Soul Calibur 2, and I always loved everything about her. She is totally amazing in every aspect to me. Still amazed by her moveset till this day, and it is so much fun playing her!

Nightmare, because he Stabs people and drain their Souls, oh and because he's manly badass

but seriously, I've always been a sieg player since soul edge, then NM became a totally different character in 3, i stick with him instead of old sieg coz i really dig the azure armor look. Total departure from Sieg's stance play from SC2 and more into movement, rushes, pressure, risky moves..etc, took sometime to get used to it and now in SC4 i really like him.

I saw this samurai on the cover of SoulBlade and decided to buy th game from a crackhead for $5 dollars. Then I found 66BB plus the old 86 sidestep plus a and found I was able to knock people out of the ring with that easily and I've been stuck ever since. Plus I really hated Kilik in SCI and I was able to absolutely destroy him with my Mitsu. This series and I have a long storied history which I won't get into here but yeah, thats why Mitsu is my main.

Raph because i suck with everyone else and he the coolest shit ever

Hilde because shes fun and easy to get hate mail with

The first time I played a SC(3) game was at a friends' place on his GC. I decided to use Yoshi cuz I knew him from Tekken, that didn't work out.
After some messin' I came to use Kilik. And most of his moves came naturally and his range was godly (used the staff with extra range).
Basicly I loved the fact that I kept my opponents at bay.

When I got SCIV on my PS3 I picked up Kilik, because I hoped most of his moves would be the same (w00t they were).
After that I played with some other chars, where I found Amy and Zas the most efficient and after a while I bought Yoda and found out alot of online players don't know how to deal with him (teehee).
Anyway, I still play Kilik the most as I get my ass handed when I play with someone else -.-

I chose Xianghua as my main because her style is quite similar to that of a sword style that I intend to learn. I can't learn it yet, as my tai chi isn't good enough yet and they would turn me away. Her fighting style instantly appealed to me because I had seen it demonstrated by a master in real life.

I prefer the agile, dexterous fighters. Stereotypically, these sorts of fighters are almost always women, so it's no surprise to me that I main a girl in SCIV.

When you main a character, only one thing stays constant: you have to look at that character in every game you play with them. Thus, choose a character that's interesting to look at.

Taki: Demon-hunting ninja chicks ftw.
Siegfried: I was too used to SC2 Nightmare's playstyle, so I'm sticking with a custom Sieg.
Apprentice: Explosions, flying light sabres, lightning, force pulls, and jumping really high.

I first picked X in SC1 because I wanted a fast female character that was all about speed. Well I picked her up, and was pissed off that I made the wrong choice! But she was easily the best looking female character, despite her exhorberant demeanor, I fell in love with her and kept beating the game over and over to look at her poses and end-game art, lol. I tried picking Taki up, and I liked her style, but just ended up losing interest with her, and Sophie just got on my last nerve with her emo-ness.

I actually hyped myself up as a good player after beating hard/edgemaster mode no problem, until I subsequently got crushed with X against my first college roomate, who used taki and maxi, and actually played in arcades up in Indianapolis where he was from. No arcades here in GA, so lame. That's when I dove into her movelist and learned the beauty of her style, from an asthetic and functional level as well. I like to outsmart people, and her style fits my goal to a tee, because it takes skill to use her different set ups. By then this time its a done deal, once I choose a character, I stick with them no matter what happens between games 99.9% of the time. I was blessed enough to see the actual art performed in Japan, its truly beautiful.

by the time SCII came out, I really came to my own with her, to the point where our local SC click hated playing against me with her. and NO its NOT because I abused 3B or whatever broken stuff she might have had then, because i didn't. As a matter of fact, I didn't even KNOW about that stuff until right about SCIV came out (long time!), specifically because I have only recently been playing on a major competitive level. Well, now NOBODY can complain now, she's been so badly (and some cases, unecesarily) nerfed, but even though a third of her movelist has been taken away, her step BADLY slowed, and has probably the worst hit detection issues (ie whiffin moves), she is STILL solid mid tier. The only good thing about that is only those who truly love X play X, and tier chumps rightly pass her over and choose whoever else.

My goal with each iteration is to completely master Xianghua's style by learning to use ALL of her moves effectively

oh, and my CAS Black Moon is the coolest guy you'll ever see with X's style

I started with Yoshi because I played him in Tekken and dug his crazy style. He is still one of my mains.

I picked Zas because nobody gives him the time of day.

I've also been bitten by the Maxi bug recently thanks to KrayzieCD, in that, I just stole all of his setups and use them half as effectively :S.

Ivy has been my main since SCII. I recall the days of busting my ass to practice different pokes I could use to get off SS/CS. When I picked up SCIV, I was surprised at how much more narrow the window was (I use the D-pad =3), and I almost gave up and changed my main. But through perserverance, I was able to get her dreaded command throws down. That, and the fact that her stance get more and more ridiculous every game. A handful of moves felt familiar, and obviously the style, but I almost felt as if I was learning a new character. That being said, she is still, hands down, my favorite character in the game.

Yoshimitsu has been one of my favorite characters in any game since the first Tekken, and he was the shiiiiiittt in SCII. I was impressed in seeing the new stances. And I personally have an infatuation with complicated moves/combos (this is a heavy basis of the characters I choose), so I just haaaddd to get iMCF down.

CH iMCF, 88/22B, 3A:B, aB+K, 66B

I love it.

I began playing Tira because I hadn't seen many Tira players online, and I found that many people would easily fall for some of her basic combos (JS 6A:B, GS 6B:K). When that all stopped working, I really got into her whole counter system and bob frame combos. GS 44444A is the shit.

Raph is the most manly character in the series and I'm stubborn.

Back