Why did you choose this character 2B your main?

franman

[13] Hero
As the topic asks what's the reason for choosing this particular character to be your main? I'm pretty sure there's tons of reasons each and one of you can give.

But most importantly you're mainly telling what's your story with your main(s)
. So you're gonna have to dig from your background starting back when you're casual players.

Questions I'll add to background story will be (note that you can come up with your own and answer to your story):

-Is it really difficult to pick a main?
-Does it take you a long time to figure out your main?

So the objective is...
You're answering the question Why did you choose this character 2B your main? in a form of story starting from when you're a casual player up until now. You're also answering the two other questions as it adds to your story. You can also add your own questions and answer them to add more to your story.

Why did you choose this character 2B your main

Rock and Maxi, cuz they're manly and fun. The decision was easy. It took 2 seconds (1 second each). That's my story.

simple....

before the game was even released... i said i was going to main AMY OR HILDIE..... but than i saw a post that XTCU was going to main hildie... and i got sooo despresed.... and than there was this pole that was created before the game came out asking the community.. who will you main?.... and cassandra/sophie/hildie/ was all most popular!!!.. and only like 2 people voted for amy (myself included)...and i said ok!!!! i will main amy.... than the game came out.. and even though this was amy's "first" actually appearance in sc4 ...besides being a bonus character ....like in sc3.... i really had noting to work with as off vids... so i wen to training mode.. and started going through her moves list..
i found out that amy has sooooo much low attacks...even thought i knew most of them was unsafe on block.. but that didnt' discourage me.. because she had a low attack for every type of sisuation... far...midscrean and close....than i look at her highs.. becasue i hate having a game revolving around low/mid only... i'll prefere high/lows instead...and i put 2 things together...so than i stoped the training with her... and just started theory playing with her in my head.. thinking of sisutaion and how i can put it all toghether.... and i came to the conclusion that amy

MUST GIVE THE OPONENT A REASON TO DUK!!!

is the only way she can win at a high lv settings.. so than i called OFF up and he was able to arrange a gathering so we call can play... but at that time OFF was #1 in toronto .. we were all too far behind.. becasue no one plays like him... but during the course of the day... after OFF owned eveyone... everyone figured out how to play there characters.. that when the second gathering came along... eveyone was pretty even in skill because of the OFF boot camp beatings he had given all of us...and what i realized about myself was that.. what i thought about the way amy "must" be played was 100% correct!!... because the first big and important tourney in TO was comming up.. and it was a big moment because eveyone didn't know what the other player was bringing to the table...so eveyone was very excited to display there "unique own" characters!!!.... and lucky for me i won that tourney!!! and i was very happy with my self because my throery and approach with amy was correct!!.. and i was very more happy with myself because i didnt' have any vids to start from!!! becasue amy was not heavly used in sc3 or arcade (beside me and 1 other person) here... so i was very happy with myself on that part!!.. than eveyone started to be awesome in toronto.. DINO figured out how to make voldo work...OFF showed the way with lizzy and talim at that time!! and NEORUSSELL show the world how to play yoshi with all his vids being the most earliest yoshi vids out for sc4!!!... but than we all wanted to test out our skills on a major lv!!!! and especially me!!! i wanted to prove to my self that this style of amy that i made was the best amy style out!!! and evey other amy style is just FAIL!!... so than SB3 was created!!! and we all decided that we will go to it and rep.. TORONTO!!!... after that first big major... where noone knew much about each other and eveyone was comming up with there own skills and secrets...(is what made this major soo much special..because of the secretness of this tourney)... i was able to come second!!!! and i was very happy with myself.. buecasue i had to play alot OF VERY GOOD PLAYERS!!! TO GET THAT PLACE!! and ... the unique style i made was working and i was soo determined to polish it and make it better!!!!...even though everyone understands my style of play very well.. is what "made" my style hard to fight.. becasue if you understand it!! i dont' have to train you in the match about it... i can start right away with the mix up!!!!.. is why eveyone in toronto till this date still have a hard time fighting my amy!!! ^_^b soo happy!!!..... but than the "AMY ERRA" starting happening!!!!

and i was very mad because eveyone was using her!!! and i mean EVEYONE!!! and she was the soo called "online" cheese....zzzzz... and i hated that because is one of the reasons why i stoped playing cass and hated playing her in 3.. because eveyone used cass/sophie/x than...zzzzz and amy was starting to turn that way....than me and amy had a big arguement!!!! where we both decided to go see other people!!!..

so i called my x-game girlfriend cassy over.. and we talked for a bit and we sparked the candle that was once there...and i was soo mad at amy...for seeing other people... so me and cassy starting training each other..and it was fun and fresh!!!....than we had a sc4 tourney comming up in Toronto.. and i wanted to show eveyone my new love!!! and i was able to get 3rd!! ^^b... we were very happy together..... than a few weeks later.. i head this guy named

"Cordy"

that beat wing_zero in a tourney... with amy.. something i wasn't capable of doing... at SB3.... and i was like.. what.... becasue i thought.. when i leave you amy.. you will not get anyone better than me.... but to my shock maybe she found someone better!!!...(besides all the thousands noob online amy players).. than i found out that cassy was cheating on me with KDZ... AND JTO!!!... and i was very upset!! again T_T...... so i called up amy.. and ask her.. how was things and if she wanted to go out for some coffee!!...she said sure it won't hurt not to.. (and i was paying)... but anyways.. we started talking and we both figured out that we always had something special for each other.. becasue we were the first for both of us!!... so we decided to give it at least 1 last shoot.. we both deserved that much!!... and BOY DID WE MAKE IT WORK!!!!
and now till this day... i have my eyses set on this

"Cordy"

person.. that i want to beat and tell him to stop using my women!!!.. because she is mine.. and i dont' like to share my women!!!

well that is a brief story about my character amy and all.....

and the story still continues till this day!!!!!!

::::narrator:::

what lies next for these two young couple, and there journey to success!!!
find out next time on the next eposide of

SC4!!!!... an STD and AMY journey!!

<3

STD, we're not in the kindergarden anymore... I'm sure that you can come up with more words if you put some effort into it.

My first main has been Rock. Everyone said that he was the weakest character in the game, so it was good for my ego when I was completely new.

My second main has been Setsuka. Everyone said that she was the most difficult character to play in the game, so it was good for my ego when I was completely new.

My third main has been Maxi. Some people said that he was very difficult to master. So it was good for my eg... Hmm. It wasn't really good for anything, except to improve my SCIV and Maxi knowledge greatly.

And then I mained Talim, because everyone said that she was the weakest character in the game, so it was good for my ego.

My precious, precious ego...

NO!!! I LOVE kindergarten!!! and nap time!!!!

nap time > you!!!

<3

Way back in the day when I would play Soul Edge in arcades I would play Mitsu, I was scrubby as a scrub can get.
When I played SCII though I picked up Raph because I liked his auto dodge.

Well he's still my main but I'm not as much of a scrub anymore.

Hilde, because she was new. You know, back when everyone said she sucked and wouldn't be any higher than low/low-mid tier. It boosted my ego to be playing a bad character that I was good with. Now, I just enjoy beating people.

Kilik, because he's been my main since SC.

Xianghua, because she also has "charges" and I like doing basic math in rapid succession.

Amy, because she was new, fast, and was a fencer that pretty much didn't suck.

Lizardman, because he's a LIZARDMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! And crawls on the ground. God, LC is the win.

My first main was Yun-Seong.
He allowed me a great critical finish game in the first few months of the games release, and everyone was picking Mitsurugi and kilik at the time. His cocky attitude was also just hilarious to me, the JF 8K:K:K (luhl) stunned them and let me taunt at the end with them writhing on the ground. Funny stuff when you're a noob.

My second main was Sophitia/Cassandra
The 236B JF's that the sisters allowed me to have were perfect counter attacks for aggressive players. Block a few attacks, read their attack pattern then counter attack them. At the time, that strategy was winning me matches against some of the strongest opponents I had.

My third main was, and still is...Setsuka.
I'm obsessed with JF's, they're beautiful to me. So Setsuka was an obvious choice. That, ontop of the fact that everyone constantly made fun of her lack of range, and then complaining that her JF's are "impossible to do online D: !!!!!!" So, I decided i'd make her dangerous and then do all of her JF's online on a consistant basis! I've grown to love her, and won't pick up another main.

Hm... I first started with SCII. Then, I was a scrub, so I used many different characters randomly. My favorite was Sophitia, only because of her 236B that none of my friends could ever seem to block. So, therefore, I thought Sophie was god(ess).

But then I noticed that it wasn't so good after playing people that knew what they were doing, so I got over my Sophie craze and went for her sister, Cassie. Now with her as my main, I had some of the most fun I ever had playing any fighting game. Her cocky attitude was awesome.

Then SCIII came out, and while I didn't obtain it (no PS2 -_-) I did have a chance to play it with a friend. I was very surprised by the movelist changes that everyone seemed to have, but was pleased that my main, Cassie, changed little in her moveset. So, I kept using her and beating my friends.

When SCIV came out, I got very interested in Amy, since she was cool looking and all. I would have stayed with Cassie as my main, but damn her face looked so messed up in SCIV that I didn't really want to use her anymore. So, I went with my new main, Amy. And she rocks. Then I was messing around with other characters, and found my second main, Talim. It was a good contrast to the high- tier Amy that I had a low- tier as my secondary. So, I got better at my SC game thanks to the chars I use now.

And I also found 8wayrun when looking for tips on chars in SCIV. So, yay for SC forum!

I've mained as Kilik since SCII and I fear change. I've tried other characters, but always seemed to go back to Kilik after a few rounds. Still looking for a secondary.

Siegfried since day one(SB) as a kid I thought knights were cool,Taki she's an asian ninja sex goddess XD,Hilde she's pretty and a knight,Xiangua she's a chinese cutie,Shura she's a sexy Ninja/samurai,Ivy she's sexy,Cassandra she's sexy,spunky and fun.Tira(SC3) she was cute and fun.

SC2 was the game I slowly got into playing.

I had two mains:

-Immediately Cass became my first main cuz from the looks of her she seem's like a basic average fighter and she was a new SC2 character just as I am new to the game back then. So it wasn't that difficult for me to choose her as her main.

-Eventually Raph was the second to become my main cuz I admire his fancy sword play and he's also a new character. It was quite difficult cuz I've gotten so used to Cass.

My thoughts were since me and both of them were new we're gonna improve together no matter.

SC3 was the era that soon altered my thoughts. I was beaten by a guy called Silent who then introduced to me to part of the Toronto SC crew and got my ass handed to them. I then spend the majority of my days practicing with Oofmatic. Eventually I started losing faith in both Cass and Raph due to many harsh losses with them. I begin to turn to Cervantes since I was beginning to get the hang of his iGDR.

There were two other reasons I begin to choose Cervantes:

-I've witness a match of Nori's Cervy and he was spamming iGDR's like crazy.
-Cervantes was one of my secondaries; I've been using him since SC2.

It was a difficult decision cuz iGDR was really a hard thing to do and I was trying uphold my faith with Cass and Raph, but couldn't anymore. As I was beginning to pick up confidence in executing both iGDR and iTS in situations I was more into practicing with the pirate than any of the others. Eventually I dropped the others except Raph who remains my secondary. With a lot of compliments about my pirate from my fellow tourney players I was willing to continue to main my Cervy. The only thing left is to tame and use iGDR when necessary at the same time I'm focusing on how to use his other moves.

Even in SC4 up until now, I still continue to use him as my main yet I still got more to learn about him.

Way back in the day when I would play Soul Edge in arcades I would play Mitsu, I was scrubby as a scrub can get.
When I played SCII though I picked up Raph because I liked his auto dodge.

Well he's still my main but I'm not as much of a scrub anymore.

AW MAN!!

The sc4 trailer had Raph auto-evading Taki's AB4A+B, which was sooooooo cool (I was thinking that raph would be the hardest guy to CF since he won't need to really block)

Sigh.

Good reads in this thread.

I really started getting into the game in SC3. I have 2 but didn't get deep into it. In 3 my characters were Ivy, Yun, and Tira. I really miss CS from SE =/ Sword Lord was the first human I ever played and it was nice to play real comp. He won most of our matches but the fact that I could hang in at all back then was good enough for me.

In SC4 it's all about low tier love. I use Zas because many think he's horrible. -11 pimphand on block is too manly. Yun because his attitude is infectious. Gotta taunt with him. And I main Tira now because Ivy was too new for me ie. I'm lazy. People give me crap all the time about Tira but that's not my concern. "WTF Tira has combos!?" "OMG Tira actually stands a chance." It never gets old. <3 my bipolar princess and will make the best of her that I can.

Hilde was my main because I mained X in SC3.
Friends told me to stop Tier Whoring and to choose a mid-tier character. Asking for a mid-low tier character, they said pick Hilde. And here we are.

Ivy has and always will be my main on all SC games past, present and future. Love her weapon, her story, tbh her freakin body but most of all, her attitude. Dominatrix has always been cool. XD

nightmare: cause I've always played him
algol: cause he's new, badass, and top tier
maxi: cause he's fun and challenging to play

I just picked the dude with biggest sword 'cause I was trying to overcompensate for having a small penis.

Taki. Since Soul Edge arcade.

I play ninjas.

She's also pretty.

my charters got two swords i got two nipples alot incommon

Back