Why did you pick Siegfried as MAIN?

Stryker

[10] Knight
People always ask me about why I picked Siegfried as main character, cause I use to play as other characters like Kilik and Astaroth... "Why don't you change Siegf for Kilik instead? You are way better using Kilik"; maybe you been asked the same question a least once... then, why you use to play as Siegfried? I answer, I didn't pick Siegfried... Siegfried pick me...

I always try to use the character I like, instead the character that have the natural advantage, as the case when I pick "Stryker" in MK3 as main when others where making his way trough the ninja realm(Scorpion and SubZero)... In the case of SC, I used to play as Nightmare, but I was attracted to Siegfried cause he was the same nightmare with a coolest appeal... when I started to play seriously (tournaments, ranking, etc) I had to choose again. In SC3 I made my final choice. I picked Siegfried cause he was/is the character who give me more satisfaction while playing, and no less important I really feel that my luck percentage grow up when I play as Siegfried... also the proud to be a good player with a character that all people knows is hard to master and win with it...

In SC4 I'm very happy with all the improvements with this char, just minor complaints about RSH A and 66BA but nothing important at all :D

-Stryker-

To tell the truth I can't be certain why I picked Siegfried... I'm good with him, but that's only because I use him so much. If I were to choose any other character and decide to put as much dedication as I did into Siegfried, then I'd be pretty badass with them.

He's certainly not the most fun to play for me, that honor goes to Talim, Taki, or Amy.
His story isn't the most appealing to me, for that I actually like Sophitia's, Amy & Raphael's, or Rock's (BANGOOOO!!! lawl)
He's not my favorite character, Amy is.
His style doesn't mirror my own in real life, I prefer a polearm like Seong Mi-na... and if I were out for pure range I'd choose Mina, Kilik, or Hilde.

I guess I just like to find ways to swing that giant sword at absurd speeds, and there's just something about his flow and stance dancing that I find incredibly enjoyable. I just suppose that if I were a video game character or anime character, I'd use an absurdly large sword like he does, without the sheer brutality that Nightmare uses his. There's grace and expertise in his movements that I really like. I guess the reason I play Siegfried as my main isn't because I like to play him as much as I like to watch the technique and flow unfold, and many Sieg players are just incapable of that smooth and flowing sequence that I just so love to watch.

In Calibur 3 I was compitent at the single player with every character because I wanted to get all the ancient weapons (almost did). Anyway I mained Voldo, Sieg and Sophie and come SC4 out of the three Sieg was the one I could use most effectively online. I dont care for the story but sieg definately isnt my favourite character in that respect, i never really cared much for melo dramatic avenger like characters. What I do like though is the crazy ammount of mixup potential that comes with siegs fighting style. My tag for Siegfried is "There is always more" and there really is! there are so many different mixups that come with sieg its simply crazy!

People dont tech after the SCH k SBHb techtrap? Fully charge SBH [k] to damage them while their grounded. After this do SCH kb then 66b. Within Siegs stances there is always potential to condition your opponent with mix ups.

In Calibur 3 I was compitent at the single player with every character because I wanted to get all the ancient weapons (almost did). Anyway I mained Voldo, Sieg and Sophie and come SC4 out of the three Sieg was the one I could use most effectively online. I dont care for the story but sieg definately isnt my favourite character in that respect, i never really cared much for melo dramatic avenger like characters. What I do like though is the crazy ammount of mixup potential that comes with siegs fighting style. My tag for Siegfried is "There is always more" and there really is! there are so many different mixups that come with sieg its simply crazy!

People dont tech after the SCH k SBHb techtrap? Fully charge SBH [k] to damage them while their grounded. After this do SCH kb then 66b. Within Siegs stances there is always potential to condition your opponent with mix ups.

Agree, Siegfried's move set has great mix ups which makes him a unpredictable match up and you can easily confuse your opponent if you are a decent Siegfried player. Even if someone has fought your Siegfried like a dozen times, they can't really see whats coming and prepare if a player learns to mix up his moves and stances well. Thats why I think he is top tier. Plus he does a lot of damage, he can end fights quickly..

I wouldn't say that I main Sieg, but I'll answer the question anyway.

I used to main Sophie back in SE and SC1 but then they cut her in the arcade version of SC2 so I had to pick someone else. I then picked up NM for SC2 but then SC3 rolled in and NM got a revamp while Sieg kept all the stance stuff... fast forward to SC4 and NM and Sieg are still separate but fun characters, so here I am still using Sieg.

Oh and yeah: iagA.

As an above poster stated, noone flows the way Siegfried does. Because of this I have failed to master a character as well as I have him. I cant even compete in high levels with anyone else...

Thank you FatalRevan I thought i forgot something in my eariler post and you reminded me :).

Theres a fantastic saying in Strykers little below post gimmick box (dunno what its called) that says "then again playing as Siegfried is all about having the guts to take Risks." Sieg is a very high Risk high reward character. If your opponent defends against your mixups successfully you will be punished Hard for it but if they defend unsuccessfully they get hurt baad. My point is Sieg is a very high risk/high reward character its really all or nothing playing him. having the stakes so high in a round is something that has alot of appeal to me and ive always been alot better at predicting what other people predict that I will do (make sense?) than predicting what the other person is going to do :)

Well Siegfried my 2nd fave character , my fave is xianghua , im trying to main him because i like the mind rape that comes with his style , also wen you win with him you know you've put in lots of work , he also the type of character you'll notice your improvement as a player in, i am no where near a siegfried master tho so i wont main him yet , but im practicing to get to that point, also he isnt easy to use, i enjoy technical , make the player think characters, plus JF aGa is fun to do, but above all the main reason was his SC3 outfit in my pic lol, it look so raw

Thank you FatalRevan I thought i forgot something in my eariler post and you reminded me :).

Theres a fantastic saying in Strykers little below post gimmick box (dunno what its called) that says "then again playing as Siegfried is all about having the guts to take Risks." Sieg is a very high Risk high reward character. If your opponent defends against your mixups successfully you will be punished Hard for it but if they defend unsuccessfully they get hurt baad. My point is Sieg is a very high risk/high reward character its really all or nothing playing him. having the stakes so high in a round is something that has alot of appeal to me and ive always been alot better at predicting what other people predict that I will do (make sense?) than predicting what the other person is going to do :)

I totally forgot about this portion of Sieg. I almost completely failed to remember that Sieg is a completely all-out character. Maybe it's because I like to play a lot of distance games with him, often times striking with just the very tip of the giant blade, but it had completely slipped my mind.

To tell the truth, Sieg is probably the worst matchup for me as a person. I like to play with distance, come in fast and hard and completely demolish before my opponent knows what hit 'em, then get right back out. It's possible with Sieg, just not his true game. I truly shine with Sieg whenever I get incredibly pissed off at whoever I'm playing against or have my concentration broken, because then I start an endless stream of pummelling with those high risk/high reward moves in a seemingly random pattern. However, just casually playing with Siegfried in an unimportant match, I tend to be incredibly cautious and planning. I have yet to master playing the same way when I'm calm as when I'm upset and a bit more rash, though if I think I did I'd die of high blood pressure.

I think that's just another reason I have Sieg as a main... I'm average to good with him normally, but when pressed I can excel with him past anything I've learned with any other character, it's almost like going Super Saiyajin if you'll forgive the incredibly nerdy analogy.

I first picked Nightmare in Soul Calibur after playing with Kilik for the first few months of the game. I chose Nightmare cause he looked cool and his story was interesting. When I made the conversion to Soul Calibur 4 I decided I liked Sigfried better because of the stances and the flowing sort of gameplay that proposed. I haven't regretted the decision since.

I tried several characters before picking Siegfried as my main. to be honest, as previously stated, I GREATLY enjoy his mixup playstyle. once you condition your opponent to wait for punish the stance mixups begin.. then they start anticipating one stance and you've got 3 others.. they freeze, throw, proceeding to double stance mixups, it gets rediculous the ammount of stance mixups you can put together then once they eat something (SBH b, SCH , etc...) his techtraps make me smile every time I hit a 1b. he does so much dmg and has a decent ring out game. good lord SBH b, 44k, are you serious? so fun.

I love sieg's stance roulette, that is probably my favorite part of his game. condition the guard, then the double / triple stance changes start.. then its super fun land.. makes me smile thinking about it. Not to mention roulette is rediculously fun to watch! lol

if only I could get jf aga to come out.. I cant for the life of me get this move to execute!! lol..

if only I could get jf aga to come out.. I cant for the life of me get this move to execute!! lol..

Pretty simple really. You probably already have a shoulder button mapped to :A:+:B: so all you have to do is slide input :aG: and tap your :A:+:B: button =3 or better yet hold it to go into SSH

Heh, in 3... I found his determination to be admirable.... I liked the flamberge weapon, too.... I liked the stances.... I didn't like the long hair....

Not too much about his style in III or IV bothers me. I like SSH A,A a lot more in IV, mind :P

And that quite a number more attacks can end in stances.

I like that his stances allow him to mix things up greatly, and give him an edge when it comes to quick adaptation. In many cases you need patience to get things done with Siegfried. And in the exceptional few you can always just swing that big sword around until the fight is over.

I like that a number of his moves can knock the opponent around the ring, helping to position yourself and your opponent where you feel it is necessary.

Heh, just my bit....

Ciao,
-Blaize

Well in Soul Caliber 2 I used NM 2p I thought that one looked better, I never knew Siegfried even existed but I thought he looked kool so I used NM then I saw some gameplay of SC4 and I was like OMG whos that saw the name and decided I'm using him. Saw vids of Stryker Bifordus Maximus and Cupui and yea I became a Sieg user he's my main and best character ever and just hearing what ur opponent says like omg I never know what you're gonna do damn! I just laugh and smile, he's a fun character to use SC4 I hope they make him look kooler than he already is

Pretty simple really. You probably already have a shoulder button mapped to :A:+:B: so all you have to do is slide input :aG: and tap your :A:+:B: button =3 or better yet hold it to go into SSH

play on a stick, trying to figure it out.. no worries, this isnt the thread. practicing on it though, thanks!

I picked Siegfried back in SoulEdge because I thought that he was strong by using such big sword. I loved he stage and his music. Then when I got SoulBlade on PS1 and did his StoryMode, I found out we were related, we both have disconnection with our father. My father is alive, but him and I didn't hang out that much. In SC1 on Dreamcast he looked like me a lot.
There's not much to say after that. Siegfried 24/7 all the way. From scrub to tug, heheheh.

I miss bgB, and the old 1B:4B from SB.

Because In SC3, I needed another character besides Maxi. He looked like a good fit, so I used him. And he became a mainstay for me.

When SC2 came out, my friends and I pre-ordered it and we got it two days before it was officially released. From that moment on, I played a lot with Mitsurugi and Nightmare, but when we discovered that Misturugi's Damascus Sword meant I could literally three-shot my friends, I quickly shifted to just Nightmare.

The reason I still main Siegfried now is that the way I played SC2's Nightmare. The transition was painless for me, and I really adapted to his new moveset very quickly. He's a relatively quick, combo-laden heavy-hitter with good reach and a frustrating guessing game. And I really respond to that. I just picked him up, and from there, it was a natural.

Back