Will Setsuka return in the next sequel?

I did a dawing of how could be the new Setsuka, is very similar to SCIV, but I added a real kimono (Not the shit she wears in SCIV) and a sarashi, I also added the ropes that we saw in the photo that CFW captured!

Is a simple design but maybe something similar that we´ll see in SCV?? I should have added a new hair but I like that one <3 Ah! I added a ribbon in the back, not in the front because onli prostitutes wear the ribbon in the front xD

img084ka.jpg
This is really amazing!
To be honest,i thought it was a real SCV Setsuka sketch.

I did a dawing of how could be the new Setsuka, is very similar to SCIV, but I added a real kimono (Not the shit she wears in SCIV) and a sarashi, I also added the ropes that we saw in the photo that CFW captured!

Is a simple design but maybe something similar that we´ll see in SCV?? I should have added a new hair but I like that one <3 Ah! I added a ribbon in the back, not in the front because onli prostitutes wear the ribbon in the front xD

img084ka.jpg
Trace, you have gained my lostprovidence respect and more.

beautiful design! you do have a talent for posture AND HANDS! but i'm wishing for some more originality in her SCV design. a plain kimono is too easy to do, i think.

but i'd like to get clear about one thing: the way Setsuka wears her kimono is accurate for an iaidoka, considering that she'll need maximum freedom of movement for her right sword arm (just like Mitsu wears his in SCV). it was also common to free both arms from the sleeves (as can be seen in some of the shurayuki hime manga, too)...her kimono admittedly has those strange fringe on its sleeves but is that the only reason why people don't like her kimono?
also, tying your obi in front is fine in budo...as well as in SCIV.

beautiful design! you do have a talent for posture AND HANDS! but i'm wishing for some more originality in her SCV design. a plain kimono is too easy to do, i think.

but i'd like to get clear about one thing: the way Setsuka wears her kimono is accurate for an iaidoka, considering that she'll need maximum freedom of movement for her right sword arm (just like Mitsu wears his in SCV). it was also common to free both arms from the sleeves (as can be seen in some of the shurayuki hime manga, too)...her kimono admittedly has those strange fringe on its sleeves but is that the only reason why people don't like her kimono?
also, tying your obi in front is fine in budo...as well as in SCIV.

Thanks!! you´re right, my design is very simple, I remarked it, I´m shure the SCV design will be more innovative, I like the one arm free idea, it makes sense :) but when I did this sketch I didn´t want to think too much, I did it without any references or inspiration (because I was in the beach xD) so... excuses excuses! xD but is because is simple that I love it :)

I just realized that Setsuka's IV 1P reminds me very much of the character Reiko Ike played in Sex and Fury.

I just realized that Setsuka's IV 1P reminds me very much of the character Reiko Ike played in Sex and Fury.
oh, true. and lady snowblood, of course. honestly, she reminds me of any female in a kimono who uses a short sword :P

Yes, no character has ever appeared in two consecutive games and then been shafted. She is mitsu's rival so if he stays, which he will, so will she. Besides if they got rid of her, trace would hunt down and kill every NAMCO worker and their families so I wouldn't worry.

Hwang says hi.

Oh give over, Hwang is basically Yun, but unlikeable =P

Also, don't double post - edit the first. =)

SCC + Mina's fucker + High ranking officer in the Navy + Han Myong's succesor + 3AA >>>>>>>>>>>>> Yunsuck.

Always have been, always will be.

NO WAY.
Hwang is way better than yun, I mean yun might aswell be a chick, and maxi can F*** off li long was way better than him. I really want cerv to get his old moves list back, I mean sc4 what the hell.

from the general roster discussion:

I just rewatched the early SCV making-of video for hints regarding characters. here you go:

i took these screengrabs of the lead character designer's working desk, where i could spot a sheet showing 16 character's concept art that Daishi draws attention to by hastily trying to hide it (ha!).

View attachment 7975

you can even read "Ivy", "Nightmare" and "Tira" in katakana on his PC screen.(and maybe "Maxi" or "Viola", but it's really hard to see). so we could have confirmed them long ago already. i tried to edit it up a little bit.
EDIT: and there's "Voldo" on the screen, too, next to Maxi. but i'm too lazy to edit the pic again.
EDIT: Also, Ivy's name is written アイヴィー in katakana, but the ー is missing in my picture edit. still visible on the PC screen, though.

View attachment 7977

unfortunately, the vid was only available in 740p. does somebody has a 1024p version? or maybe my graphic card could have reduced the vid's/screenshot's quality? (my PC is crappy).

so, regarding the evidence (third from right, bottom row), we can pretty safely assume that some kimono-wearing setsuka look-alike or setsuka herself is in, huh?
i also see viola's, nightmare's, leixia's and raphael's concepts in there. does anybody recognize somebody's already released design?

also, i noticed that his reference books are from SC1 and SCIV. SC1 art had some really nice unused character designs:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/early-se-sc-concept-art.6616/

Back