World game cup 2010

It is funny but somehow, some of the teams of the 5vs5 friday's cash contest seem to be more powerfull than the national teams wich will enter the world team cup lol

Then, the heroes team of Keev and Kayane will seek for revenge... and money can be a kind of... motivation ^^

Another important thing :

The World Team Cup is a single elimination tournament = your team loose one match, you are out.

The Team Cash contest is not exactly the same format : you have a first step with qualification pools, and then, single elimination.

Well, this gonna be an interesting fight.

The idea of RTD, about mixed team for the friday's event is really nice, but I understand that team america wants to come back with cash lol, so they must stay together...

Then, the heroes team of Keev and Kayane will seek for revenge... and money can be a kind of... motivation ^^

Another important thing :

The World Team Cup is a single elimination tournament = your team loose one match, you are out.

The Team Cash contest is not exactly the same format : you have a first step with qualification pools, and then, single elimination.

Well, this gonna be an interesting fight.

The idea of RTD, about mixed team for the friday's event is really nice, but I understand that team america wants to come back with cash lol, so they must stay together...

There is no reason to break up Team USA.

The money is not in the World Fucking Cup, it's in the 5v5.
Breaking it up when we're looking for the $$$ is stupid.

Let's leave it be and win all the money.

No.

During World Cup, you have to play with players from the same country, even if you don't like them.
This is for the glory of your contry. Only true patriots will play there.

If you wanna play for money, and for money only, there is no country, no friend !

Let's imagine a STRONG player from USA. He is forced to play with all the WEAK players from USA for the World Cup.
However, for the 5vs5, because he wanna win THE MONEY,
he can choose to leave the WEAK together to join the BEST OF THE BEST in order to be sure to win the money !

But the STRONG guy can also decide to stay with the WEAK one,
however he will certainly loose against mercenary who don't care about country, but only about money.

Do you understand me, or should I explain again ?

MAKE YOUR CHOICE guys

That's the problem with your thinking right there.

Team USA is so strong this year it's unbelievable.
And Team USA will win ALL of the money in the end.

There is no reason for you to explain it.
It's simple as pie.

I Suggest you all to not underestimate Germany and Belgium team. Really :P

And don't forget that's it's a team battle, sometimes, 1match can be deadly for anyone!

But yeah, USA have the strongest team that i have ever seen this year! And this will be a great motivation for all of us.

The day team USA was OCV'ed in the first round was the most shocking day in their life... but for Belial... it was friday.

Apart from the KOF and GGXX tourneys, most of the Main Event tournaments will be played on the Xbox 360.

As we know a lot of you are PS3 players, we strongly suggest you bring your OWN adapter for the event.

NOW is the time to get one. If you come empty handed and have to look around to borrow one, you might get delayed & miss the beginning of a tournament. Which WILL get you disqualified.

1) PS3 to XBOX360

Use this one for PS3 pad :

XCM Cross Fire Converter

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-eq-49-fr-70-3bgo.html

2) PS1/PS2 to 360

There is two "NO LAG" cheap adapters to play with PS1/PS2 pads on the Xbox 360:

The Xconverter360 by JoyTron

This adapter has 4 leds on top to see the pad slot number it occupies (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th player). It also offers a "Home" button acting as the Xbox Guide Button.
Please note that you can also access the Xbox Guide if you use the "Mode/Analog" button present on all DualShock1/2 pads (this button is missing on early generations PlayStation pads & some third party pads, check before you shop!).

Sites :
Renchi - $US 29,90 (about 20€) : http://www.renchi.com/renchi/Xbox_360_A ... er_360.htm
Goldenshop - $US 25 (about 17€) : http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/xb ... verter.htm
Gameshop - $US 24,90 (about 12€) : http://www.gameshop.com.sg/product_info ... ts_id=5247

The PS2 To Xbox360 converter by BlazePro

This adapter is a tuned down version of the Xconverter. It doesn't offer the 4 leds on top scheme to see the pad slot number it occupies (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th player). It's also missing the "Home" button acting as the Xbox Guide Button.
Please note that you can always access the Xbox Guide if you use the "Mode/Analog" button present on all DualShock1/2 pads (this button is missing on early generations PlayStation pads & some third party pads, check before you shop!).

Sites :
Renchi - $US 12,90 (about 9€) : http://www.renchi.com/renchi/Xbox_360_A ... verter.htm
Goldenshop - $US 9 (about 6€) : http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/xb360/psxto360.htm
Superufo.com - $US 5,03 (about 3,5€) : http://www.superufo.com/product_html/Xb ... erter.html

WARNING:
- Be aware that whichever adapter you choose to use, you WILL also need a wired Xbox 360 pad/stick for the PS pad to be recognized (not the controller plus Play & Charge Kit scheme). Once the adapter has been detected by the console, you'll be able to unplug the dummy pad to use it on ANOTHER console.
Side Note: Yep, you guessed it, you can't re-use the same wired controller as a dummy on the same console. For that, you will need to have another wired Xbox 360 controller. It's not a total loss as you'll be able to use these controllers on any other Xbox 360 console. (any old third party pad will do, be we do recommend the Hori Pad EX Turbo 2 as you might want to use it later on)
- These adapters will also work in a Windows environment, but a wired controller won't be necessary for it to be recognized by the PC.

(Thanks to Zou for the original information)
We are not affiliated with nor sponsored by any of the shops linked in this article, the prices are only given here as an example and are thus subject to change. Please think about the delivery time & pricing (and taxes) before you order from any of them.

Wow that seems so retarded to do all that just to play on 360. If u Have to have a converter, and a 360 pad to work, that's just so stupid to not have it on ps3 when the majority of people who are coking from different countries play on ps3 most likely. People will be borrowing them left and right. I know i will. I can't see why they can't have it be played on both systems. I can barely make it out there, I'm not paying for something that I will only use once.

I'm going to assume that this is because Microsoft is sponsoring the event directly or indirectly via the Gnouz group and others.

I remember KDZ winning a tournament earlier that had the same stipulation. No PS3's due to Microsoft sponsorship.

Yeah, that is the reason why : sponsorship.

Anyway, even without it, we do all our SCIV tournament on XBOX 36O...

When french players came to USA last summer, they had to play on PS3, they get used to that...

Anyway, with a no lag adaptator that you can borrow, you will be able to play with your PS3 pad so no problem.

More important thing. To avoid any lag, the tournament will be on CTR (standard definition) monitor, not LCD (yeah, you had lag at evo, and the best way to be sure 100% that you won't have lag is that you use SD monitors).
AND on SD monitors, the PS3... has lag lol (PS3 problems with downscaling)... but no problems with xbox 360.

We use 360s in Singapore because they're easier to deal with generally apart from the controller issue. And since most of us use stick it's usually no problem. Lol.

Man now i really wish I could go, no random ass stage lag on 360 version. That and 360 pad buttons feel better for charging to me.

Well it seems my hopes for going to France just died. I not only got laid off but I got almost 1k in unforseen expenses... I could have handled either but both of them happened too close to going to make it possible. I just took a loss refunding my ticket to cover the rest of my legal expenses and barring some outlandish luck finding last minute fares Im out for this one.

Well it seems my hopes for going to France just died. I not only got laid off but I got almost 1k in unforseen expenses... I could have handled either but both of them happened too close to going to make it possible. I just took a loss refunding my ticket to cover the rest of my legal expenses and barring some outlandish luck finding last minute fares Im out for this one.

Sorry to hear :{ Hang in there. Things always get better with time.

Back