Would your opinion of the series change if they took it into M-rated territory?

No blood or any internal stuff at all for me please. Not even bruises. Those can get out of hand too see MK character damage lol.

What i'd like would be dirt.
Like when people are slammed facefirst into the ground, they become dirty.
Or some stages that have mud in them + two women = Mudwrestling.
Or just some wet T-shirts would make me happy too :P

I suppose there are things that are more deserving of the programmer's attention though.

What i'd like would be dirt.
Like when people are slammed facefirst into the ground, they become dirty.
Or some stages that have mud in them + two women = Mudwrestling.
Or just some wet T-shirts would make me happy too :P

^ This man is a genius!

I really don't think any bruising, cuts or anything are necessary, and in my opinion would make the lack of realism even MORE noticeable. At least now, I can watch Sieg swing his sword and hit Talim in the gut, she falls, gets up and is fine. No harm no blood, no 105 pound girl laying in two pieces on the ground.

However...

If they started adding any blood or whatever. Then I would start thinking "Ok, now she needs to change her name to Twolim." I can suspend disbelief if there is ABSOLUTELY NO BLOOD. But, if they start adding little cuts and bruises, then my logic brain starts calling bullshit.

So, to respond to the original question (and thread title), yes, it would change my opinion of the game if they added blood...I would actually find it MORE unrealistic...as strange as that is.

eh, not mature content please and no blood.

Now if an arena had mud in it, or if you wanted to have water effects sure.

Not M rated, no blood, no guts, no decapitation, SC is about class and graceful violence, It doesnt need to sell itself on gimmicks like MK. too much of that stuff and thats all fans will care about. MK vs DC... most rated complaint? no gore.

However, the MOST I want to see is, a pain indicator, like if you are killed by a throw, this is shown,
(0:26) Nothing dirty, nothing M-rated, just a scene of *crack* like this. If not exactly.

As I said, it depends on what they want to use with the M rating. SC already pushes the barrier a bit from Teen but the most M would provide is blood and SC doesn't need blood. Though I don't know how dark they could make it. If it was twisted like DMC or Dante's inferno atmosphere wise then probably, though personally I'd like to see it. More depth in the darkness soul aspect.

ZombieWorldVG-TF04.png

Now that I look at the series after 3, Im losing the feel of what its supposed to be about... Where are the souls? we have the swords... where is the darkness of the abyss? Personally I thought they should have let nightmare destroy the planet, then have sophitia's children save it from Night terror. This aspect is constantly emphazided but we hardly see it. SC3 had a stage with floating will-o-wisps. In the older SC games, when Nightmare got on his knees to ask for souls, his hand would turn blue and smoky.

in SC4, none of that is present. SC5 should replenish this. Nightmare should be shown taking souls, never has it been shown what that looks like. His critical finish should be just that.
SoulAbsorptionDR2-EN-C-UE.jpg

(1:45) is how I imagine Nightmare would take souls. (not head ripping just taking the spirit out)

Don't know about America but SCIV was 12 rated. SCV is 16 rated.

Also if you want blood then see Pyrrha Omega's CE.

Soul Calibur with more of an adult theme would be... Interesting. Instead of just barely covering boobs there'd probably total boobage, lots of gore... I'd love to be able to rip Xiba's head off with Ivy's 6A counter.

But blood and gore isn't what makes Soul Calibur. The boobs have become a part of it, especially since Ivy's string bra there's been lots of boobs everywhere, but I think the game is great having an almost cartoony feel when it comes to the fighting, but still having a realistic and creative look and background.

Soul Calibur with more of an adult theme would be... Interesting. Instead of just barely covering boobs there'd probably total boobage, lots of gore... I'd love to be able to rip Xiba's head off with Ivy's 6A counter.

But blood and gore isn't what makes Soul Calibur. The boobs have become a part of it, especially since Ivy's string bra there's been lots of boobs everywhere, but I think the game is great having an almost cartoony feel when it comes to the fighting, but still having a realistic and creative look and background.
If they pulled the game into a darker territory and actually had cut-scenes wherein the characters Project Soul REALLY wanted to get rid of were killed.... I'd be all for it. Booty physics and man-bulge physics would be a nice addition but I don't wanna see bare tits or ass. Sometimes it's (always) more fun to tease. They already show nipple bulges in certain items like the rubber suit and some outfits show a bit of camel toe... don't need anymore than that for all those straight people..
Wanting more adult themes doesn't automatically mean excessive gore and exposed nipples. The game doesnt need gimmicky shockvalue, just more storytelling depth. A darker more serious theme would be great atmospheric wise but no need for blood or decap... SC was perfectly fine without it...(thats MK's gimmick.) The mature substance would be applied to the story writing at least, and more emphasis on the dark aspects of the series. Characters always say they take the souls of others or kill other characters but that is never shown, elaberate on the darker side of souls and soul eating swords. Basically like the first season of inuyasha is what I envision.

If they pulled the game into a darker territory and actually had cut-scenes wherein the characters Project Soul REALLY wanted to get rid of were killed.... I'd be all for it. Booty physics and man-bulge physics would be a nice addition but I don't wanna see bare tits or ass. Sometimes it's (always) more fun to tease. They already show nipple bulges in certain items like the rubber suit and some outfits show a bit of camel toe... don't need anymore than that for all those straight people.

All in all, I suppose I'm happy with where it's at now. With the roster we currently have, a truly dark story just won't work out right. As for blood and gore - no. Not during battle... that's just annoying. Bone-breaking sounds could make a come-back, though.

Edit addition: Annoyingly heterosexual people thinking a male bulge is somehow more ridiculous or crosses the line more than massive bouncing tits that ALREADY show nip in SC5 and camel toe (you're at fault for not noticing, if you haven't already). The majority would complain if they lost the option for breast-size and were, instead, left with models that looked like flat-chested pre-teens. The Ken-doll effect is worse than that. You were probably offended over Lucifer's pendulous phallus in the Dante's Inferno game.

If they pulled the game into a darker territory and actually had cut-scenes wherein the characters Project Soul REALLY wanted to get rid of were killed.... I'd be all for it. Booty physics and man-bulge physics would be a nice addition but I don't wanna see bare tits or ass. Sometimes it's (always) more fun to tease. They already show nipple bulges in certain items like the rubber suit and some outfits show a bit of camel toe... don't need anymore than that for all those straight people.

All in all, I suppose I'm happy with where it's at now. With the roster we currently have, a truly dark story just won't work out right. As for blood and gore - no. Not during battle... that's just annoying. Bone-breaking sounds could make a come-back, though.

Man buldge. We seriously need man bulge, there's just... You make a male character and it's like they have a vagina. Not even being sexual, just adding to reality that MEN HAVE PENISES.

Blood and gore only provide shock value and "edginess." Not needed. If they really wanted to put it in, keep it minimal, because if overdone it could destroy the character and atmosphere of the franchise. The Soul series' story may have some grim content, but it has always been about the glory of battle, not about being a brutal killing machine.

The Soul series already does well for itself when it comes to sexually suggestive character designs. The game does not need to be pushed any further in that department. If you want to Jack off to your favorite character, Google can help you out with that just fine. Normally, I'm not opposed to showing a little skin, but there's a line between sexy and ridiculous that should not be crossed if you want to be taken seriously, especially when you're dealing with weapon-based combat. Queen's Blade is a prime example of that.

So, now that those two ideas are out, how else can we give this game and M rating? ...drug use?
...yeah, that's a totally awesome idea.
Transcending reality and the mind, a tale of needles and joints, eternally retold...
High Calibur
Coming 4/20/2015

Back