Xianghua Movelist Analysis

Random observations:
* 22_88A is at least AA unsafe now (was 4A and -2 in V)
* FC3B is at least AA unsafe now (was previously only -10)
* Dunno if the opponent was just bad or if it's an actual combo but I managed to do CH 6BB BT B+K 6KA (wallsplat on a low wall) 3B+KK and it rung out over the low wall.
* 6KA has tremendous ringout potential on airborn opponents now, much more than in the E3 build. CH 6BB BT B+K 6KA can ringout quite far away from the ledge (to Xianghua's back).
* 2nd hit of 11KK (? - The one where she sits down and spins twice) can be teched out of if the opponent is grounded.
* 6BB is the new 33_99B. On any crumple stun, 6BB will most likely hit. More dsmage than 3B. Can be teched out of on the 2nd hit after 66BB (I think that's the one). On wall-splats after a high recovery combo, you can still nail them with 6BB after. You can 6BB them after a while running K, and you can 6BB after CH 3AK. There are probably other moves you can 6BB after that aren't coming to mind at the moment.
* FC3AA is a NCC (old WR A+B), FCAB ends with a high stab.
* Both options after BB are steppable.
* Do not eat yellow snow.

Last edited:
22_88A being AA unsafe is extremely gross; why is that the case? What does the move get on hit? On CH? It's a really short-range mid; I'm not sure what its application is meant to be. FC 3B being AA unsafe is sad but probably fair.

I'll contribute my observations too, though I don't have nearly as many. I'm also not as skilled so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

* SC SXS B combos into CE on block. This would be pretty nuts if her CE wasn't one of the weaker ones and you didn't have to spend all your money and make them respect SXS to do it. SXS (B) probably does too but I didn't try it. That cuts the meter cost down significantly if you can get them to block it.
* 4K doesn't seem to combo into CE. In retrospect, I think this was one of Leixia's greatest strengths.
* 6K[A] goes into BHH; ending combos with it let me get cheesy extra damage with BHH K. But they can AC away to get out of that.
* 4A is really long range! I don't know what it aGIs though.
* FC 3AA doesn't have a low followup anymore.
* Leixia's FC 3BB exists somewhere. I did it on accident once but I never found the input.
* 66AA doesn't exist anymore; Kayane's guide mentioned it so I thought it was worth talking about. 66AB is a mid followup.
* 44B+K doesn't guarantee a launch anymore. It seemed like I was able to get it when their hits landed in the latter part of the aGI window.
* 6AA is a nice low followup. 6[A] to go into B+K doesn't seem to exist anymore.

EDIT: fuck bbcode with our notation

I don't know what it gets on CH, but I never got much of a stun off of it, so it's not much extra for a CH. I think it may put them in BT? Not sure. So... there's that... I guess. But yeah, it's ridiculous.

Oh wait, I'll have to watch out for SC SXS B then and check if regular SXS (B) does as well. i wondered but didn't want to spend a meter just to check on the rare occasions I managed to get them to block a (B). SXS (B) is useful against those who GI SXS on reaction. They won't get hit by (B), but they'll have to block it. So there's that.

Why doesn't 4K combo into CE? They just drop to the ground too fast for the CE to connect? I assume the differing hitboxes are at play here. Yeah, I was wondering if 4K still combo'd into CE but never got to test it out either.

Yeah, I've done FC3BB. It's definitely FC3BB **something*', but not FC3BB or FC3B(B) from what I would tell. But I did it several times and have seen others do it. Dunno what the hell it could be.

Pretty 44B+K was always like that. I forgot what 6AA was, what does it look like?

Reactions: TiZ
Leixia's 4A causing BT on hit was the thing I liked least about it. Some characters have incredible BT moves. I guess I just won't use 22A much, haha.

I'll remember that application for SXS (B), thanks!

Yeah, they just seemed to hit the ground too fast for CE to connect.

44B+K at least more consistently gave you a launch in SCV. Thinking about it, I feel like I've had 3B blocked after it in some occasions.

6A is Leixia's 6A, and then 6AA is a crouching low swing.

@Age_of_Truth @Darkmoonlight @Frayhua @TiZ @Kayane and anyone else who who has a good understanding of SC6 Xianghua.

Hey guys, so I'm working with a YouTube content creator called @Scallywag-93 to make beginner introductions guides for SC6 and one of the videos that's being worked on is a introduction profile of each character to hopefully get it out near or on release date.

Looking just to get abit of info from you guys aswell to ensure the X part of the video is accurate.

Please could you answer these questions: (doesn't have to be in detail)

1. Her stand out strengths?
2. Her stand out weakness?
3. Any important stand out moves and why are important?
4. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of execution?
5. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of gameplan and complexity?
6. Overall archtype / what kind of player the character will suit?

Thanks again.

@Age_of_Truth @Darkmoonlight @Frayhua @TiZ @Kayane and anyone else who who has a good understanding of SC6 Xianghua.

Hey guys, so I'm working with a YouTube content creator called @Scallywag-93 to make beginner introductions guides for SC6 and one of the videos that's being worked on is a introduction profile of each character to hopefully get it out near or on release date.

Looking just to get abit of info from you guys aswell to ensure the X part of the video is accurate.

Please could you answer these questions: (doesn't have to be in detail)

1. Her stand out strengths?
2. Her stand out weakness?
3. Any important stand out moves and why are important?
4. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of execution?
5. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of gameplan and complexity?
6. Overall archtype / what kind of player the character will suit?

Thanks again.
1. Many feints, safety, good mix-ups and reverse mix-ups, decent damage, good punish game, good range for what she can do, even if it's been nerfed.
2. A lack of spectacular lows, even if 3A is good. A definite lack of mid/low mix-ups, with her mix-ups instead being the timing of her attacks and what mid follows she makes.
3. With FC3B now being AA unsafe, 3B is now actually much better than FC3B. For one thing, both will earn you an AA to the face (unless 3B now is -14+, in which case it'll earn you a stab to the face) and for another, 3B can be done from both standing and crouching while FC3B requires crouching. 3B is also faster than FC3B. 3A is also a great low option and you can hitconfirm it into K on counterhit. 6BB is amazing on counterhit. CH 6BB backturn B+K 6KA does great damage and ring-outs amazingly. Xianghua can ringout if she hits with 6BB roughly 4 character lengths away from the edge with her back to the edge, it is glorious! Her SXS grab is also good. Naturally combos into 4BB (but the 2nd B can whiff sometimes, dunno why) and Critical Edge. Xianghua's Critical Edge is one of the unsafest in the game, but it also one of the fastest. It is a good whiff punish tool, but do not be afraid to use it as a block punishing tool, either. Is it around i12 from what I can tell and a lot of moves that are only mildly unsafe can be punished by CE. SXS A is near useless in my opinion. SXS throw catches step and is much better. SXS (B) fully charged might guarantee a CE on block, we'll have to check, because the Soul Charge version (that's without charging) seems to, but it's slow, but this makes it a useful took as a timing mix-up against those who RE or GI SXS. So mix-up between SXS throw, B and K (for a mid option if they duck). Leave SXS A alone. Do SXS K+G (she'll slap her butt) if you want to troll your opponents.
4. X is Easy in terms of execution. She has no moves that aren't basic when it comes to execution and a single Just Frame (BT B+K after a crouching B (?) throw).
5. X, however, is an intermediate to hard character in terms of game plan and complexity because she relies on reads, feints, mix-ups and reverse mix-ups and has to guess right many more times than most other characters to win a game. Even on CH and crumple stun, there she has no combo short of any amazing wall combos we'll figure out in the future, that'll do 120-ish damage.
6. If you like safety, turtling, feinting and mix-uping, she's the character for you. If you like a low execution character, she's the character for you.

Xianghua Move List

Huge Thanks to @Soul

A(A) ~ SXS
AAA(Last Hit Was Xianghua's old 33_99A)
AAB
AAB4 ~ LBHH(aGI's All Mid Weapon Verticals)
Soul Charge AB(Xianghua's Standing A into her old aB)
Soul Charge AABB(Leixia's AA(BE) from SCV)
Soul Charge AABB
6AA(Classic 6A that doesn't put ther opponent in BT on CH in SCVI & 2nd Hit is Xianghua's SCIV 11_77A+K)
Soul Charge 6AKK(Last 2 Hits are Xianghua 11_44_77K Series)
Soul Charge 6AK2K
3AK
3A2 ~ PXS
3A4 ~ LBHH(aGI's All Weapon Verticals)
3A8 ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)
Soul Charge 3AA(2nd Hit Was Xianghua's old 22_88A)
2A
1A(Was Xianghua's old 2A+B/Lethal Hits Rolling Opponent)
1aG ~ BT
4AA(Xianghua's old 4A+K that aGI's All High Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)
4(A) ~ SXS
WS AA
FC 2A
FC 3A(Was Xianghua's WS A+B)
FC 3AA(Finally Returns Since SCII)
FC 3A(A) ~ BHH
FC 3AB
FC 3(A) ~ SXS
JMP A
BT A
BT 2A

bA(Xianghua's SCIV 33_66_99A+K)
bK
Soul Charge bKB
BBB(Last 2 Hits is Xianghua's old 6B+K)
BB(B) ~ SXS
BBK(Last Hit was Xianghua's old 11_77K from SCIII & SCIV)
6BA(New Move & the 2nd Hit ends with Xianghua's old 1A)
6BB(New Move)
6B2 ~ PXS
6B4 ~ LBHH(aGI's All Weapon Verticals)
6B8 ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)
3B
2B_FC 2B
4BA(Xianghua's old 6B)
4BB
1B(Xianghua's old SCIII & SCIV B+K)
WS B(SC II Version)
FC 3B
JMP B
BT B
BT 2B

K
K6(Xianghua's old 6K)
6KA(Xianghua's old 33_99KA)
6K(A) ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)
Soul Charge 6KBB(Last 2 Hits are Xianghua's old SCIII & SCIV 1BB)
Soul Charge 6K(B) ~ SXS
1kAAB
1kAAK
FC 3KB(Was Xianghua's WS K/2nd Hit is Xianghua's A+B/Lethal Hits on Jumping Opponents)
FC 3KB6(2nd Hit Comes out Faster)
FC 3KB2 ~ PXS
FC 3kB2 ~ PXS
WS KB(Was Xianghua's 44KB from SCIII & SCIV)
WS (K) ~ SXS
JMP KK(The 3rd Hit is Xianghua's 22_88K)
JMP KK2 ~ PXS
JMP KK4 ~ LBHH(aGI's All Weapon Verticals)
JMP KK8 ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)
BT K
BT 2K

A+B(Luna's 66B/Lethal Hit after crushing RE)
A+B6(Move Comes Out Faster/Lethal Hit After GI)
A+B2 ~ PXS
a+b2 ~ PXS
A+B4 ~ LBHH(aGI's All Weapon Verticals)
A+B8 ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)
A+B6(Non Guard Break Version)
6A+B(aGI's All Weapon Verticals Causing a Lethal Hit)
4A+B(aGI's High & Mid Horizontals + Thrusting Verticals/Lethal Hits During the 1st Hit After aGI)
2A+B(Was Xianghua's WS B from SCIV/Lethal Hits aGIing Lows)
WD A+B
6B+K(Xianghua's old A+B)
6(B+K)
3B+KK(2nd Hit was Xianghua's 44K from SCII)
2B+K
2(B+K) ~ SXS
1B+K
4B+K
4b+kG
JMP B+K(Was Xianghua's FC A+B)
JMP b+kG
JMP (B+K) ~ SXS
FC 3B+K(Was Xianghua's FC 3bB)
FC 3(B+K) ~ SXS
BT B+K
BT 2B+K

33_66_99ABA
33_66_99ABB
33_66_99ABaG
33_66_99ABbG
33_66_99AB(A) ~ SXS
33_66_99AB(B) ~ SXS
22_88A(Was Xianghua's old 4A)
11_44_77A(44A is the same, but 11_77 now have inputs)
11_44_77(A)(Slight Charge)
11_44_77(A)(Max)
33_66_99B(66B is the same, but 33_99 now have inputs)
33_66_99B4
33_66_99(B) ~ SXS
33_66_99BB
33_66_99BB4
33_66_99BbB(Lethal Hit after crushing RE)
33_66_99BbB4
22_88B(Xianghua's 2_8*B from SCIII & SCIV)
11_44_77B
33_66_99K
Soul Charge 33_66_99KK
Soul Charge 33_66_99KAAB
Soul Charge 33_66_99KAAK
Soul Charge 33_66_99KA(A) ~ SXS
22_88K
22_88K2 ~ PXS
22_88K4 ~ LBHH(aGI's All Weapon Verticals)
22_88K8 ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)
11_44_77KK(Xianghua's old 2A+K)
11_44_77K2K
33_66_99A+B(Was Xianghua's old 33_99B)
33_66_99(A+B)(Cancels the 2nd Hit of 66A+B into SXS)
Soul Charge 33_66_99A+BB(Last Hit is Xianghua's 66B+K)
22_88A+B(Xianghua's 22_88B from SCIII & SCIV)
11_44_77A+B(Xianghua's old 1A+B)
33_66_99B+K
Soul Charge 33_66_99B+KB(2nd Hit is Xianghua's 6B+K from SCII)
Soul Charge 33_66_99B+KbG
44B+K

B+K(Was Xianghua's A+K) = HL

B
(B)

22_88B+K = BHH

A(Xianghua's old 8WR A+B Except 66A+B)
B(Free RE)
K(Xianghua's 6bK from SCIII & SCIV)
K2
A+B(Lethal Hit after crushing RE)
A+B6(Lethal Hit after aGI)
A+B2 ~ PXS
a+b2 ~ PXS

(B+K) SXS

Soul Charge (B+K)(Soul Charge SXS Entries now can aGI)

2 ~ PXS
4 ~ LBHH(aGI's All Weapon Verticals)
8 ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)
A
B(Becomes a Guard Break in Soul Charge)
(B)(Become Unblockable in Soul Charge)
K(Lethal Hit After Ducking A High Attack)
A+B(Xianghua's old 66A+B/Lethal Hit's When Evading A Vertical Attack)
A+B6(SCIV 33_66_99A+B/Lethal Hit's When Opponent Whiff a GI)
B+K ~ BHH
A+G_4A+G(Xianghua's old Command Throw)
Soul Charge A+G_4A+GB
K+G
6K+G
4K+G

A+G
4A+G(Was Xianghua's old B+G)
Left Side A+G
Right Side A+G
Back Throw A+G
1A+GB+K_1A+G:B+K on Crouching Opponent
2_3A+G on Crouching Opponent
214A+G(Old SXS Throw)

All RE Attacks Lethal Hit in 2nd Clash

RE AA
RE AaG ~ BT
RE AB
RE KB+K

Last edited:
What the... she has a move at K6 now?! It's her old 6K. Also, Old FC3BB is now FC3B+K. For no reason. It also appears low A+G into BT B+K no longer requires a JF for the BT B+K to hit? The movelist makes it seem like so at least. Also, does anyone know what the point of 412A+G is now? Is it unbreakable? Or is it just a worse version of either of her normal grabs since it does much less damage, IIRC?

You can also make SXS A+B a High instead of a mid by adding 6 after. I presume it's less unsafe?

Last edited:
Updated Xianghua's Movelist.

What the... she has a move at K6 now?! It's her old 6K. Also, Old FC3BB is now FC3B+K. For no reason. It also appears low A+G into BT B+K no longer requires a JF for the BT B+K to hit? The movelist makes it seem like so at least. Also, does anyone know what the point of 412A+G is now? Is it unbreakable? Or is it just a worse version of either of her normal grabs since it does much less damage, IIRC?

You can also make SXS A+B a High instead of a mid by adding 6 after. I presume it's less unsafe?

214A+G is the old SXS Throw.

PXS = Playful Xia Stance

SXS Can aGI when in Soul Charge.

BHH A+B6 after aGI seem good.

Apparently, FC3B, 33_66_99 [A+B], SXS K, 6KA/CE is a proper combo? One might be able to tech out of the SXS K, but Kayane pulled it off thrice. If it were techable or AC:able, her opponent likely would've gotten out of it at least once. Time to lab this once the game's out! Also, each of the 3 times she succeeded in landing an SXS grab (except the times she went for CE afterwards), she didn't do 4BB but instead did 3A. Is 4BB no longer guaranteed so she goes for the mix-up instead?

Last edited:
Back