Yoshi Gameplay Videos

Not bad, Frostheart. Your execution is actually better than mine. I'm still trying to get earslicer down lol. Aside from that, 236B imho is a no-no unless your opponent is cornered into a wall or they're incompetent. For now, that's pretty much what us Yoshis are supposed to do.

But like you stated, play against a human opponent and try to land what you did on that AI.

Thanks, that's actually a human player who's rank A5 online. Then again it *is* online and not offline versus so yeah...
I'm not sure if it's just me or does 236B track very slightly in V? I don't usually do it except this guy doesn't look like he knows what it is. I'm really missing SCIV yoshi for 1 thing though - 6A. How do you guys get into range? And 1 more thing - tips on how to RCC? Tapping 6 doesn't seem to cut it consistently enough for me

I'm a Natsu main but I just started using SCV Yoshi yesterday.
Was more of practicing execution than spacing, actually. Comments for improvement? (I need to use him more against human players though) I was also playing very unsafe since I was pretty certain of winning, too.

That iMCF work was pretty legit. Your control of stances is pretty good as well. I'd just practice buffering the 66 for 66B after iMFC connects on counter. 66A+B isn't guaranteed after DNK so you should just go full on 3B. Maybe throw a few more parting thrusts in there for copter traps/66A+B traps or even for counter hits. I'm also not a fan of 11A at all. Regardless, very nice work and very surprised that CE hit Lizard haha.

I know you know this, but many of us don't care about rank. I'd much rather be E5 than C5 right now lol. And I only became C5, because I cared about achievements lol.

Joking aside, 66A, 33B, B+K mix-ups happens to help get me in. Otherwise it's stepping+quick step+whiff punish stuff. Hope I helped.

Yoshi (mkl) v. LX (ShinjiUrahara)
Yoshi (mkl) v. Devil Jin (I do not remember...)

Just a couple ranked games today. Shinji just didn't know the matchup obviously and I was exploiting that fact with DGF games. Hell, looking back at both videos I am way too DGF happy online. Other Yoshis have already instilled the fear of DGF K in people so I can usually get away with B online for like 3/4 bar setups. Definitely not something I would bring offline.

mkl: Don't assume all off-line players can deal with DGF. Unless you're playing against an SC vet, always test your opponent. If they eat it all day, then abuse the hell out of it.

Good point. I think I just use it as a crutch a bit too much. And every mixup I use after a:B+K on launch online catches right tech rolls (66A+B) or ukemi block (8A+B). Left tech rolls require step forward 3B. Or is there a more damaging option to catch left tech rolls?

Just browsing through YT when I saw this vid.
Does this yoshi belong to anyone here? Cos whoever is using him just threw out a JF 4AAAAA like a boss.

Video of the Winners Finals at the last tournament I played. The first few rounds were me warming to Asta which is just a bad matchup for me, but I start to catch on. I'd love to hear Dogg, Hajime and Djinn comment a bit. I still 6KK too much (the illusion of it being mildly safe when people don't interrupt always kills me) and don't have a very good poking/frame trap basis yet but I was trying to work a bit of it in instead of relying on oki as much as I can and being lost for the rest.

Well congrats on the win and getting 2nd but your opponent wasnt very good. While you have your game plan and flow down pretty well I think you could benifit from using alot more pokes... Mainly 2k, a:B+K, 2B, 3K, and even K...

Stop doing 6K,K so much... Your really going to be hurting if you throw it out like that this weekend... after DGF B try to get out of the habit of always doing 3B... if your opponent knows to block ( Most people do either that or a fast interupt ) The best thing to do after your first DGF B is block... Wait to see what the opponent does, if they block then you get a free throw/low mix up next time, if they try to attack you get a free iMCF (Usually) depending on what they used...

You need a whole lot more FC 3K... I cant remember if you even used the move once in the whole series... Med mix ups arent good, that guy just didnt know how to handle them... Id say dont completely cut them out if someone doesnt know how to deal with them just dont get in a habit of using them... There is no mix up at all in MED...

When you get a chance after you knock them down go for a 66A+B, 4B, or 9B all are safe, do good guard damage, and mids... Im learning yoshi has a pretty sick guard crush game especially if you can JG properly.

Other than that you did well man, I liked your use of iMCF , your spacing, step, throw game, and some defense... but I would like to see a vid of you against a better opponent.

For anyone going to final round my number is 9312641287 names Vance Ill be there thursday at lunch till monday! hit me up

Reactions: mkl
I'd thought I'd listen to Hajime :3.
Here you guys go, I play pretty horrible in this game..
I need to practice ._.

Well congrats on the win and getting 2nd but your opponent wasnt very good. While you have your game plan and flow down pretty well I think you could benifit from using alot more pokes... Mainly 2k, a:B+K, 2B, 3K, and even K...

Stop doing 6K,K so much... Your really going to be hurting if you throw it out like that this weekend... after DGF B try to get out of the habit of always doing 3B... if your opponent knows to block ( Most people do either that or a fast interupt ) The best thing to do after your first DGF B is block... Wait to see what the opponent does, if they block then you get a free throw/low mix up next time, if they try to attack you get a free iMCF (Usually) depending on what they used...

You need a whole lot more FC 3K... I cant remember if you even used the move once in the whole series... Med mix ups arent good, that guy just didnt know how to handle them... Id say dont completely cut them out if someone doesnt know how to deal with them just dont get in a habit of using them... There is no mix up at all in MED...

When you get a chance after you knock them down go for a 66A+B, 4B, or 9B all are safe, do good guard damage, and mids... Im learning yoshi has a pretty sick guard crush game especially if you can JG properly.

Other than that you did well man, I liked your use of iMCF , your spacing, step, throw game, and some defense... but I would like to see a vid of you against a better opponent.

For anyone going to final round my number is 9312641287 names Vance Ill be there thursday at lunch till monday! hit me up

I'll put your number in and shoot you a text when I get there friday.

The dude definitely didn't know how to handle MED mixups or to break B throws. MED can be completely backstepped. I like to use teleport out of MED as a mixup if I know they're consistently punishing it. 3B after DGF is such a bad idea, always. It catches a lot of people online but offline it does nothing but fuck me. Lately I've just been blocking after it if they block. I'll try to use more iMCF after if I know their go to is more than i15. I really don't use FC 3K too much, I always think the opponents I face won't be stupid enough to fall for it so I will crouch and put it in their head I will go for it and then 4KB. I used FC 3K and that mind game once each on that Asta.

I would have posted the video of the guy I lost against but they ran out of room right at Grand Finals and they only got one match of me beating him. It's really slow and choppy. The guy just wasted me with AS B and not much else. I definitely learned a lot about my general unsafeness in those sets. haha. I think I honestly did the best against him when I panic picked Maxi knowing that I could half life him if I blocked AS B and had meter.

Back