Yoshimitsu Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

Mods please move this if there is a better thread...couldn't see one and didn't think it was worth making a new one.

So I don't know if this has become confirmed/common knowledge yet, but it looks like you can do BE moves by just holding down the one button and then quickly pressing the other two. I was trying this with 6bA+B+K and 3AbA+B+K last night and found I could do, e.g. 6B then quickly press down on A and K to get the BE. Same with 3AbA+B+K. Didn't think to try with his other BE, but I'd have to assume it would also work. I don't know if the timing's any tighter than doing it via lift-up or using a mapped button, but it does seem to work pretty easily. Like I said, don't know if this has been discovered yet (I didn't see it in the general SCV system explanation thread, but it could've been there and I missed it). Handy to know, in any case. []

Alright, I'm not sure if this was tested but I tested out Fc3K to DNK.

But I stepped to Yoshi's left then FC3k then DNK then 2K.

I'm gonna try to see if it works out on others.

Edit: Alright, I've tested it out.

Step to their left, FC3K, DNK, 2K. Works on everyone but Leixia. Feel free to correct me if there's a problem. Pardon my post.

I think the DNK only connects if they tech. Every time I try it on an opponent who stays grounded DNK misses, which differentiates it from 214A and DGF K, both of which guarantee a DNK on regular hit. []

Yea its almost always been you have to step first then hit it unless the opponent does a move that leaves them punishable by FC 3K and their correct side is showing after...

It works without opp. tech'ing or without CH...

You have to step first... its more possible than you think once you can iFC 3K pretty consistantly...

Lolo beat me to it. While I haven't tested extensively, DNK appears to connect on everyone so far, including some irregular ones that Lolo listed. The timing is 6B+K (slight delay) BBB.

The main factor that appears to be affecting DNK's effectiveness is distance. Take 22B on hit for example. Max range 22B, a:B+K gets you nothing. 6K is the better choice here. 22B at close-mid range though will get you DNK on some characters.

Doh...it just totally whiffs on some characters. =/ Some of the irregular ones can be hit by a slightly delayed first hit DNK, though.

When I was playing with ear slicer I thought DNK worked on everyone. Ear slicer has a slight step sometimes and whiffing it would give me moves that would offset me from perfectly parallel with the training partner. Which made it seem like it was working.....

For the irregular characters, a slight side step will usually make it work. Left side step generally works better than right side step (on Nightmare, anyway). Annoying. :\

That's right Supa, I noted that, tough I buffer a small forward step prior to earslicer, is a technique that is there since SCIV, but it was harder. Now if you have down the earslicer, is good to give it a try, but I still don't have it at 100%, I'm about 60 or 70%.

By Deathcopter traps, do you mean mix-ups with deathcopter/deathcopter-to-dragonfly? Just checking. []

No I mean after certain combos when you hit a:B+K in the air if the tech left, right, or normal they will get hit.

You can also wait for people that delay wakes or get up and step and it will still hit alot of times...

Ah gotcha. Nice. Is it just 9A+B~G or full 9A+B? []

For the regular tech trap its just 9A+B,G for the delay wait till you see movement then hit G. Really it depends on how well you know the person your playing, but for L,R,N tech just hit G sometimes normal tech will be too far away after certain combos... but most of the time will hit...

Complete noob here, but I don't understand that frame data. I understand the notation of the commands, but everything else after that is ailen to me. Could someone explain or show me where I could understand? I did a rough search on the forums and couldn't find anything that could illuminate this for me.

Back