Yoshimitsu Iron-fist (tekken) moves data

"Damn you tekken, I thought that move was a low!!!" It'd be nice if you could hold it down and have it shift into a Low... Is it a mid? I thought it was a SM for a second there... Thanks for the input Hajime... For ST9 to be a tech trap after 66B, aB+K, the ear slicer has to knock the opponent down a certain way, they'll land face-down and slide feet first on the ground, leaving them close enough for 3B to combo at times... Been trying to recreate this, no definitive way to do this all the time yet... 66A+B, 66B is a tech trap and a good way to set it up if just using plain ol' 66B is too linear for ya boss...

Yes. I discovered the 66A+B, 66B tech trap! Honestly, I'd still just go for DNK, DNK as a follow-up. Consider the situation you have to be in to get all this:

You must land 66A+B.
Your opponent must tech into 66B.
You have to find a guaranteed way to get them to land a specific way from a:B+K. (Personally I think this is dependent on which way the opponent is facing when they're launched, making this even more difficult).
The clock needs to hit ST9.

These are way too many variables. Yoshi has a lot of wild stuff he can do if everything lines up properly, but this seems beyond practical to me. And I should know, because the latest round of Yoshi players are the most conservative, practical ones I've seen. They don't use half the things I do, and they're probably better off because of it. heh.

So depending on situations you'd be using T3, T4, T2, T6, and ST3 the most... And probably in that order give or take a few positons with ST3... T3 interrupts almost everything thrown at you rather quickly and would be used most often because of that even though you're at -frames depending on what was going on... T4 I chose second because it can track in some common situations, it's an Unblockable and might not be used so much if it wasn't, It teleports early-mid during it's execution which can be a plus, but being steppable if not used correctly kicks T4 down a major notch... T2 would be third for me at least, I don't use it that often, when I do ussually I'm glad I avoided that move, but it can be difficult to capitalize on the opponent after evading a move, because of that, this tekken move is one of the few that requires practice in mastering it (making it third on my list)... Next is T6, personally I think it could be tied with T2 for third, I would use this against close range characters like Taki, it's good for escaping PO and Hover followups... It's situational, knowing when to use T6 could save you from big damage, and remember if you keep attacking afterward this move could leave Yoshi very unsafe, you have to wait for things to settle out and maintain you're distance from the opponent until you can get back in for a mixup... And then there's ST3, I didn't put this very high up on the list because it can only be executed towards the last 3rd of a standard match, last quarter on an 80 sec. match... Because of that and the certain situations in which it's guaranteed, this tekken move would be last on my list of the most useful but as Hajime said ""this move can win games", and this is the list of my beliefs in which of these attacks are most useful, so please feel free to use this as inspiration and list your own...

Hey guys, I was playing against my friend and he was using the iron fist moves and he did one quite early into the game (so the timer was relatively high) and basically it was an unblockable where yoshi launches himself into the air and then dives back down onto his head (causing a bit of damage to himself). Any ideas what this is? Apologies if this is well known and obvious.

Hey guys, I was playing against my friend and he was using the iron fist moves and he did one quite early into the game (so the timer was relatively high) and basically it was an unblockable where yoshi launches himself into the air and then dives back down onto his head (causing a bit of damage to himself). Any ideas what this is? Apologies if this is well known and obvious.

I believe you're talking about REF A+B(A,B,K).. its Divine Truth on the movelist I believe. Is that what he's talking about??

I believe so, krimson. It's the only unblockable that came to my mind as well.
As for unblockable by timer: T7, T4, T3(but only if it's 23, 13, 03 on the clock).
Hope this helps, buddy.

Well, I'm using the word "weird" to explain it, but it's not really weird...it's more like a gamble on certain numbers when the clock gets that low.

Yeah thanks that is the one. I never bothered inspecting that move until you mentioned it and realised it was a counter (I thought it was just some random, pointless comical move). But thanks again, appreciate the help.

well i helped do the frame data and generally know everything about hem just not doubles im guessing its luck based depending on if you get a numer below 26 that randomly wants to be a uppercut :) but ya im makeing a flashy yoshi combo video includeing things with the tekken moves so if anyone has any ideas

You can't get 2x T3s in a row. Ever. You can get 2x ST8s....but I don't see a good reason to ever do that once you've launched them already.

It's possible with luck to get two Mishima's UB in a row.
First at ST3 (100%) and second at ST2 (30%) ^^

yep, sure at 101% ^^

If you do the small UB at 23.9s, you have all your time to attempt the second... but it's at your own risk.

Back