Yoshimitsu Iron-fist (tekken) moves data

can you give the English translation of this??? lol. MDF? DRK? IRF? and 6B to end a combo??? do you mean 66B ... I just.. I don't know what to make of this string of ...stuff.. lol. Please try and re-do it usign the terms in the forum??

Either way I THINK I know what you mean... but something makes me think T4 can be teched in some direction for that (I could be wrong though so I'm not gonna say anything more than a guess). and I'm gonna ASSUME you mean 66B as 66B is used to end combos.. not 6B... but.. u also might have meant 3B so..yea.

Crimson: Here's the notation we use.

MDF = DGF (Dragonfly)
DRK = DNK (Doorknocker)
IRF = IRon First Possession? We just use T# and ST#.

The only thing guaranteed in all of that is CH DGF A, DGF K, DNK, 3B. Unfortunately, the rest can't be considered a combo.

Gator:

T4 puts Yoshi directly behind the opponent. There is little or, more likely no tracking on this move. That means the opponent can roll or side tech out of the way. I don't believe T4 favors a particular side, but I'd have to double check this. The opponent has to stand straight up after DNK, 3B combos to get hit by T4. Really make your opponent fear those additional grounded 3Bs.

okay .. thats what I thought... but I hate checking tekken moves because you can't do them in training -.-

And I didn't want to tell tell the guy he was wrong without being certain. I like to step grapple, step BB, or step imcf after I land one or two grounded 3b's (depends on when I think they'll get up). I assume you do something similar but if not its always nice to compare ideas.

Ok. I am making a request to all yoshi and none yoshi players alike. This is not a requirement obviously, but it would be of a big help to the community and it will also be much appreciated. As far as I know, every move in this game has at least 1 use, so I am assuming that his 9 second spin MUST have some sort of attribute to it that we can find useful. I am asking for everyone who can to try to test this out by doing ANY button combinations after it and ANY move to hit it with. Go crazy and be creative/smart when trying to think of what to do.

I am not sure if this counts as progress so far, but as I have seen, by doing the ear slicer command (a:B+K) upon impact, I have been able to dodge certain moves and make him move slightly differently than he currently was. Wether this be a fluke or not, you may try to work off of this or start from scratch. I am obviously not expecting that many people to try this, but it could lead to a great discovery as long as 1 or 2 people try to unlock this move's potential (assuming it has some, or course).

have you guys tried goin to VS. and having someone attack? maybe it somewhat has the same properties as REF A+B (A, B, K)? i'll test it and let you guys know whether or not it works.

EDIT- Tried it... nothing happens..

Pretty sure I posted this a couple months ago, but I'll post again. Tested T9 with my brother, Botsu. Yoshi just takes the hits from all normal attacks, all UBs, GCs, etc. Unless there's some kind of Konami Code thing going on here, this is a useless move.

Something I may have posted but it is cool...
CH iMCF, ST9, 8B+K~, DGF A+B... or you can just 44bB them out the ring like ussual...
And since the Tekken Frames have been done for a while now I'm sure you know ST9 is -16 on grd (off the top of my head)
Oh, and after 11A or JMP A on hit, people like to run into T8 for that cool +9 Babalook was talking about...

A trick I generally use the ST9 (at x6 seconds however) is the move itself, followed by a 66A+B, 2K or another move that hits grounded, then a ST3 unblockable. Deals a nice chunck of life. Not a combo once you throw in the ST3 but it is an awesome setup and I think I have never missed it.

CH iMCF, ST9, A+B = "poison breath in mid-air" -lol
Not sure if this would work but it's a cool concept...
ST3, W!, iMCF, ST9 is another way to set this stuff up too...
ST3, W!, iMCF, ST9, 8A+K, SDGF B, DNK, 3B, ST3 could work...
If ST9 hits at sec.6 then I'm pretty sure T5 can combo which is also cool and you may have time to realize ST9 hit at sec.6 in order to execute T5 for the combo...

Well me and Dragon were messing around a couple of months ago with the most damage out-put you could get from ST9 kick. We learned that the best thing to do is to keep using 44Bb (you have to have decent timing, so I'm hoping most of you are used to using this move often now) and wait until the clock withers away until it gets to ST3. Once it does, just let loose his uppercut and you have yourself a great combo followed up by the punch (since it doesn't count as a combo, the damage resets, but it is still guaranteed). If you keep messing up your timing, just pray that you get the ST6 kick launch so you don't have to use as many 44Bb's.

Well, it really depends on your positioning. If you're in a position to RO, then just 44bB until you near the edge for a:B+K (max yield is 6-8 with perfect timing). That includes using a:B+K to drop them into the wall and the use DNK to scrape them along it until RO. If it takes 2-3 44bBs (Clock should hit ST3 about this time) to hit the wall, by all means ST3. If it takes more, 6-8x 44bB, a:B+K, DNK, imo. The damage output from 6 consecutive 44bB's is pretty impressive, imo.

ST9, 44bB, 44bB, 44bA is pretty cool too, and next to a wall you'll get about 4 of the hits in 44bA to connect before the opponent AC's outta the way...
A nasty setup is your ST9, 44bBx?, ST3 (at sec 13), W!, iMCF, 11B+K, ST9, 8A+K, SDGF B, DNK, ST3... The timer would probably run out afterward, or you kill them...
I would like to know if either 8A+BG, or 1 (1/2 charge) tracks the opponent after ST3 or [ST3]...

8A+Bg after ST3 is pseudo-tech trap. Think of it like doing 8A+Bg after connecting with 66A+B. The opponent can stand and step it or roll out of the way with the proper timing, though.

The only thing you're really going to get off ST3 for certain is a guaranteed 3B if the opponent rolls sideways or lays still. Or a 66B if the opponent rolls back to avoid the 3B. 1B is definitely avoidable.

How bout 2B or 11A, Owari?
Also after 66B, since you can get 2 DNK's, its a good way to space out the timing until you reach a desired second on the clock... And, after 66B, aB+K the opponent can sometimes end up closer to yoshi and face down on the ground during the sliding KND, depending on how close they are DNK is guaranteed and 214A can tech trap Left and Right (don't know about Back tech), but also T4 can track the opponent on wake-up, it sets up for ST3 nicely, ST9 is a tech trap catches F/ B for sure (left or right i don't know yet), and ST8 is a ground trap (not sure if it's a tech trap), anyway it's a useful situation if you can get it... I think it might depend on where you hit the opponent with 66B, or when a:B+K connects in midair, or most likely both...

2B whiffs if they roll sideways, but is a safer alternative if you're trying to anticipate a back roller. Odds are they'll roll sideways or lay there still. So, 3B is still the strongest follow-up unless you connect ST3 at tip range, in which case you have nothing guaranteed.

T4 doesn't track at all. You always end up on the same "line" from when you started the move. Furthermore, if you connect T4, the opponent only has to backup or stay grounded and roll to avoid ST3. I think this has been discussed before. In theory it looks wonderful. In practice, it's only good if you land T4 with the opponent's back to the wall.

Now that I've reread your post, I realize you're also stating ST9 is a tech trap after 66B, a:B+K. While I don't have my bro around to test this right now, it sound highly situational, since 66B is difficult to connect in a match without taking a massive risk. 66B is just way too linear to plan a match around.

ST8 does hit grounded, but 66B, DNK, DNK will do far more damage than any trap related to ST8. ST8's only positive point is that it's a mid in SCIV and will fool the occasional opponent into blocking low, since the move is low in Tekken.

Back