Yoshimitsu JF General

I can't believe the number of people saying they can get it 100%/near 100%, and then see those videos showing you have at most one frame of leniency. There must be a phD that I need to get before I can play this character, because no amount of button mapping has helped me with a:B+K in the slightest.

Moreso complaining about myself then you guys, if it wasn't clear. Please go win tournaments with Yoshi JFs. That really could be the best thing for this game right now.

Yoshimitsu is one of those characters that you have to practice a long ass amount of time to get down right. I was able to pull off parting thrust a grand total of three times offline in different situations. It was ridiculous.

Something about the motion itself is what makes it difficult. It is kinda like the agB of apatty/setsuka. Its more the motion of the input rather than how hard you input it. Atleast, this is something that i have had happen to me, everybody plays differently of course.

For the record, I went back to SC4 and tried it. Longest hold in that game appears to be 3F.

In SCIV you can hold A. I think that's the biggest difference. I've mentioned before that I think if you master the A input, you'll have the move easy.

I'm used to ear slicer as [a]:B+K which can be done with one hand easily by holding your index finger lower and middle+ring slightly higher. It no longer works that way, it seems. It's hard to believe that 3F is the frame for IV.

Here's an old, quick video that seems to suggest it's a lot longer than 4F in SCIV, but maybe it's deceptively fast. The video isn't me - dunno who it is.

Related videos show the skin-peeling 2aB that's much, much easier to do in V. I think it is, anyway.

LOL @ the thread title. Could it be that the move is just idk HARDER? Pretty easy to pull off in SC4, but not so in 5. I'm not saying I can do it 100% but I don't think it's as hard as some of you guys make it out to be. After a day of getting the new timing down it is certainly not THAT hard. Personally I like it. Gotta earn some of these just frames now folks. Keep at it guys you will get the new timing down!

Eff that. The whole reason I bought SCV was to slice some ears.

I, for one, will be suing.

We'll all be rooting for you!

So I got my stick yesterday, and boy is it a relief to be playing with one again...I went with a simpler mapping than what I'd originally intended (top row A, B, K, bottom row G, B+K, - ) and have mostly gotten the hang of Parting Thrust with it. Strangely enough, though, I'm having trouble using the exact same motion + 2 to get iMCF...I can get it some of the time, but most of the time I just get either 2A or Parting Thrust...is there a timing issue as to when I have to hit 2? Before the button input? []

I honestly don't find it that hard to do but I still find it extremely bothersome. On pad when I map A to my R1 and B+K to my R2 and just slide down (Kinda like pulling a trigger) I get it 90% of the time, but having those two buttons mapped means I dont have my usual A+B+K or A+K which means I have to completely change how I use my pad and map my buttons.

...is there a timing issue as to when I have to hit 2? Before the button input? []

iMCF needs 2a pressed at same time. You can hold 2 through the B press, but you have to release A just like ear slicer, but it seems less strict to me.

2a:B+K will do iMCF and a:B+K will do ear slicer, so no need to remap or swipe aB. Just repeat the ear slicer input with a 2 at the same time you hit a. If you want to make sure you're getting the button inputs right, you can full crouch and iMCF from there now for some reason.

iMCF needs 2a pressed at same time. You can hold 2 through the B press, but you have to release A just like ear slicer, but it seems less strict to me.

2a:B+K will do iMCF and a:B+K will do ear slicer, so no need to remap or swipe aB. Just repeat the ear slicer input with a 2 at the same time you hit a. If you want to make sure you're getting the button inputs right, you can full crouch and iMCF from there now for some reason.
Only problem with this is that if you mess it up, there's a chance you'll go into MED when typically you would just do 2A, 2B or 2A+B which isn't a big deal. Ending up in a surprise MED though could result in a bit of a hurtin'.

2a:B+K should actually put you into MED if you hold the 2. I don't think I've ever gotten anything except 2a out of a failed 2a:B/2a:B+K.

a:B+K itself has a chance to put you into FLE. Out of all the ways to fail ear slicer, I wish I would always land in FLE since you get in-air status and it's harder to punish than say...... bad stomach (A+B).

Hrm. Well, I'll just need to work on my timing then...I don't so much hit 2 as pass through it on the way to B+K, so it'll just take practice. []

2a:B+K should actually put you into MED if you hold the 2. I don't think I've ever gotten anything except 2a out of a failed 2a:B/2a:B+K.

a:B+K itself has a chance to put you into FLE. Out of all the ways to fail ear slicer, I wish I would always land in FLE since you get in-air status and it's harder to punish than say...... bad stomach (A+B).
Sorry I meant to write that. You end up in Flea when you mess up Parting Thrust... It's early don't judge me haha!

Im starting to get this move down on normal stick play.

When I originally started hitting it on pad (made some CaS and was messing in training) I felt it shouldn't be all too impossible on stick.

On Pad. I simply slide my thumb quickly over A then using the rest of my thumb to B+K on the 4 face buttons.
Alternatively, Senzait's "trigger" method work well too.

On Stick (using Sanwa buttons). The buttons must be tapped and inputted very quickly. On Sanwa, since they are so sensitive. You barely graze A and kinda quickly B+K. Felt kinda piano-ish.

Alternatively, just like the "trigger" method. If your stick has extra buttons, you can map a 2nd A and next to/near it, B+K.
Mine looked like this:(N standing for Nothing)
A-B-K-A
G-N-N-B+K
and I was using my pinky to quickly slide down and complete the input.

When I play Yoshi, I don't push buttons. I SLIDE EM! shoutouts to SC4 iMCF and neorussell's old iMCF tutorials.

I was having such a hard time with this move myself. I use a TE stick and i've found that i can do it like a good 60-70% of the time if i use both hands when trying to input, left hand for a and right for b+k. no mapping. now I just gotta get the iMCF.

I'm up to about 95% with Parting Thrust and 70% with iMCF.

Does anyone know why parting thrust will drop the opponent right in front of you sometimes? I think launching them from behind and doing it causes it most times but I think if you do it quick enough you can get it as well.

Back