Yoshimitsu JF General

I dont know what you guys are talking about, earslicer was much better in SC4 than it is in SC5 and it was also imho more important to Yoshi 1 than it is to Yoshi 2 (Even though it still is really important).

They didn't up the difficulty because if JF's were easy people would spam them too much. Ya earslicer is good but its not even close to spammable. Just cause its fast (was i12 in SC4 i believe) and safe doesn't mean its broke, remember it is a high and can be ducked and punished, so you have to use it moderately outside of combos. SC4 iMCF was way more broke and even it had its limits and ways around.

I think iMCF was harder in IV. Ear slicer was much easier. Go try it. Also, try ear slicer pre-patch in V (take your harddrive out or something) and it seems much more lenient.

In other words, they did up the difficulty. At least twice.

I dont get the point your trying to make here, I know iMCF was harder in 4 and earslicer was easier. Ya maybe they upped the difficulty of the move but the reasoning for it wasn't because Parting Thrust is spammable or broke and players can win by only using it.

EDIT:
They probably upped the difficulty because they saw how much RO distance Yoshi gained from a:B+K out of the air. Probably justified the change by making DNK combo off of it on some characters, hence increasing the RO range.
Still strongly stand by Parting thrust being better in 4 than in 5; regardless of execution needed.

Do you read your own posts? You said in the first one that they didn't up the difficulty and everything is easy. Then in the next post, you wonder why I mentioned they did change it. lolwut?

Regardless, ear slicer is annoyingly ridiculous to do now and that sucks. Pre-patch, it seems like all of the characters are affected the same way by DNK after the patch (from what I can tell, anyway).

So are you like... just making things up, or what? :\

I think your the one thats misreading, I never said they didn't up the difficulty. I said they didn't up it because those moves are spammable like you said they did. Not making anything up here lol.

I have no idea what's going on right now.

The point in the wall o' text I wrote in response to that guy calling all JFs stupid or whatever wasn't focused solely on iMCF/earslicer. I wasn't trying to say that earslicer is harder in V because it's lollercopter broken. I never said ear slicer in V is harder than in IV because earslice everything. I did say that if the motion was a single button you'd see quite a few per match and it would be very, very boring. That's all.

So while we're on this discussion...

What's the preferred term, earslicer or parting thrust? Just curious. Is there a standard abbreviation? []

So while we're on this discussion...

What's the preferred term, earslicer or parting thrust? Just curious. Is there a standard abbreviation? []

a:B+K

I don't like it being named Parting Thrust because I confuse it with 2A (which is/was(?) called Parting Grass). I guess PT would be OK, but a:B+K or even aB+K isn't that hard to type.....

^ this was stuck in my post buffer for the last day, I think. I guess I forgot to hit "Post Reply" or it didn't go through. Oops.

I'm fine with using the notation too, just wanted to be sure if there was a standard "move name" I should use to refer to it, what with the Meditation/Indian Stance and Pogo/Flea name confusion between games. []

Looking at 2a:b

can't find anyway to do it other than
F0 2a
F1 2b (a must be released).

You can admittedly hold 2 for a couple of frames (up to 9) prior to pressing a.

You can admittedly hold 2 for a couple of frames (up to 9) prior to pressing a.

Sounds right. iMCF feel really easy to do in this one. You can also hold 2 and then aB, or even do the a:BK motion as 2a:BK.

Do you have the ability to check the original gold disc? If you're on a 360, you can just pull the harddrive out. That's what I do..

I *think* (I have no way to prove this) that inputs before the patch were much easier to do. I have a suspicion that after the patch these inputs became a little.... stranger....

For example, on an arcade stick with *no* mapped buttons, the training mode will show me the white A next B over K (signifying a:BK) but I get.... A+K. Maybe they added a larger window to combined button inputs? And ear slicer "feels" easier pre-patch.

My suspicion is with all the A+B+K inputs for BEs they inadvertantly made a:B+K harder.

That's along the lines of exactly what I'm thinking..... some change in the input window or something unrelated to a:B+K/iMCF/agA/etc caused these inputs to be really annoying....

Well, I've found a way to do Parting Thrust/earslicer with near 100% consistency on a 360 controller. I have LB bound to A and LT bound to B+K. Sliding my finger extremely rapidly (for me - I'm usually slow on input) from LB to LT will produce a:B+K with near total consistency after about 15 minutes of practice.

Note that I started Yoshi only last week, and I've never taken any of these games seriously until SCV. Now I can combo 3B into earslicer almost every time. Parting Thrust is very, very doable. I might even call it easy, though my hand muscles are complaining about the strain. Going to go write up more details about the input on my blog, but I'm hyped by this discovery.

Still can't do iMCF with the analog stick though.

Well, I've found a way to do Parting Thrust/earslicer with near 100% consistency on a 360 controller. I have LB bound to A and LT bound to B+K. Sliding my finger extremely rapidly (for me - I'm usually slow on input) from LB to LT will produce a:B+K with near total consistency after about 15 minutes of practice.

Note that I started Yoshi only last week, and I've never taken any of these games seriously until SCV. Now I can combo 3B into earslicer almost every time. Parting Thrust is very, very doable. I might even call it easy, though my hand muscles are complaining about the strain. Going to go write up more details about the input on my blog, but I'm hyped by this discovery.

Still can't do iMCF with the analog stick though.

Yea theres kinda been a video on this for weeks now... but glad you found a way to do it thats easy for you.. honestly this move is a simple slide it just sucks you have to re map your buttons as ive never played with mapped buttons in any SC before.

Remapping is my issue with it.

I've never had a fighting title that literally punches you in the balls for *not* button mapping....

Remapping is my issue with it.

I've never had a fighting title that literally punches you in the balls for *not* button mapping....

You could get a stick if you don't like mapping.

You could get a stick if you don't like mapping.

I'm on a stick....... :\

The most reliable way (which is still wonky reliable) that I've found is fingernail-scrape A, then B+K. Oddly, even in trainer that shows white A - B+K as the inputs, random crap like A+K (?!) or A+B will come out. At best, I'll end up in Flea which is at least a little... safer... ish...

I'm pretty sure inputs within 1 or 2 frames of each other will count as presses of multiple buttons. Except agA that requires G+A on the same frame. Both agA and a:B+K work insanely better with mapped buttons - even using the wonky finger-scrape I mentioned above.

I'm on a stick....... :\

The most reliable way (which is still wonky reliable) that I've found is fingernail-scrape A, then B+K. Oddly, even in trainer that shows white A - B+K as the inputs, random crap like A+K (?!) or A+B will come out. At best, I'll end up in Flea which is at least a little... safer... ish...

I'm pretty sure inputs within 1 or 2 frames of each other will count as presses of multiple buttons. Except agA that requires G+A on the same frame. Both agA and a:B+K work insanely better with mapped buttons - even using the wonky finger-scrape I mentioned above.

You just have to make sure you press A and then slide to B+K without a A overlapping in 2 frames. I can get a:B+K just about every time now, it just took some getting used to.

But then again, I have to bind B+K so I suppose you're right.

Back