Yoshimitsu Namu Combos

Omnis: I'll check it out. But you're better off using the 214A or 33A+B tech traps if you think your opponent is going to tech.

Namu: A tech trap is any move that is guaranteed to hit if they tech in a specific direction(s) after getting knocked down from an attack. e.g. If you connect with CH 66A, 4B will hit your opponent if he techs in any direction but his...left, I think. Check this thread for more info: http://www.8wayrun.com/showthread.php?t=1305

@ Namu

Pretty much what hajime said.. 9A+BG is hit conformable so if you whiff you wouldnt do 11A, and 9A+BG isnt really even that negative on whiff

@ Hajime

The thing about the 9A+BG 11A combo is that it covers everything, therefore a combo.. and if they tech any direction just in case, thats 68 damage and +3, giving you an almost guaranteed mixup attempt. Maybe it might not work on certain characters bc i havent tested with all the chars, only X, Sieg and Asta. Testing it some more now.. tell me if you find anything that would debunk this combo/Tech Trap

Omnis: I get your thinking. I just see more damage potential in the tech traps. If your opponent decides to play it safe and stay down, then you can use 2[A+B], FLE 6[6] on all future 8A+Bg hits. =) That's the fun thing about Yoshi, though; The options!

It aGIs verts. If you get the aGI, Yoshi does the last two parts of the shark attack string (dive into mule kick), but it counts as an UB. Cool side effect is that the screen stays dark, like an UB is happening, until you're done hitting them with the requisite 8A+K, etc. Damage gets scaled way down, though. Fun move, but only really useful against telegraphed moves, like Cervy's 4B+K.

I may humbly add that it also aGIs 2As.
I know this, because I set the training dummy Yoshi(screwing around) to only do 2A.
I'd do MED A+B and it aGI.

Thanks yea I figured it wasnt that practical... the combo also misses sometimes if they keep doing B's or just step a little so it isnt that good anyways but i also noticed the screen stays dark~! pretty cool ;) Nice shit at FSAK Haji ! I watched some of your matches ;) and your warm up sunday! haha Good shit though! thanks for the tips

I may humbly add that it also aGIs 2As.
I know this, because I set the training dummy Yoshi(screwing around) to only do 2A.
I'd do MED A+B and it aGI.

Ah. That means it aGIs iMCF as well. I'm starting to think anything "special" is GIable, regardless of it being defined as horizontal or vertical (pretty loose definitions already).

Thanks yea I figured it wasnt that practical... the combo also misses sometimes if they keep doing B's or just step a little so it isnt that good anyways but i also noticed the screen stays dark~! pretty cool ;) Nice shit at FSAK Haji ! I watched some of your matches ;) and your warm up sunday! haha Good shit though! thanks for the tips

Yeah, the dark screen thing is cool to see.

Thanks, man. My wife and Lolo also told me they saw my Sunday morning warm-up. I guess everyone was eager to resume watching the FSAK screen! I just picked that TV because I didn't want to turn on another console and TV. hehe Normally I don't warm up like that, but my thumb was pretty sore, so I had to make sure I could still hit those JFs.

It might have been posted here before but is = CH a:B+K, iMCF, 22B, 3AB, 44bB, 44bB, 44bB... infinite guarenteed?

I dont think so ? Most I can get off of that combo is 2 maybe 3 if i'm lucky... Maybe if you had perfect timing from the first 44bB on you would get it but each time they will usually fall lower and lower unless you are very precise with your 44bB. If you want to practice to see if its an infinite try 1K, 7B, 44bB, X 5 and so on... thats the easiest one to practice your 44bB timing on. your better off just doing one or two at max then finishing the combo with whatever you choose.

Nope. Not an infinite. Perfect timing on a CH 3B should net you 3-4x 44bB at most. Realistically it will get you 2x 44bB. CH 3AB can get you 2-3, but realistically only 1x. Unless you have godly timing, odds are you won't land more than that.

how much damage does 44bB add to the combo? I still find it kinda hard to pull off even once into a:B+K in the combo.

Hey can anyone check for which characters FC 3K, 3B works? I've been kinda testing it out and it works on small characters like Talim or X as long as they are very close to Yoshi when he preforms the FC 3B. It did whiff a whole bunch though so im not sure.

how much damage does 44bB add to the combo? I still find it kinda hard to pull off even once into a:B+K in the combo.

Hey can anyone check for which characters FC 3K, 3B works? I've been kinda testing it out and it works on small characters like Talim or X as long as they are very close to Yoshi when he preforms the FC 3B. It did whiff a whole bunch though so im not sure.​
44BB isnt for the damage... Its for the push across the stage to carry them to the wall or for the ring out. It tacks on about 3 more dmg than normal I think. Depends on what you start it with.

the FC 3K RCC 3B works on all characters. You have to RCC before you 3B.... Just tap 6 after FC3K then hit 3B. The timing is strict, but its not that hard once you get used to it.

Red Djinn why dont people use FC 3K RCC 3B instead of only FC 3K, 2K?

Harder to do... Almost JF timing to get it to hit as a combo... if your timing is off they can stand up block your 3B and punish so most go with the 2K cuz its quick safe and easy.

Hey, my friend Paranormanl Oreo I think was gonna make a vid of this and put it on Youtube but here it is.

(Wall combo obviously)

22_88K 1B+K 2[A+B] B iMCF 3B+K:B a:B+K 2[A+B]66

*This works if Ear Slicer does NOT get a wall hit

If it does, then i believe 3A,B 3B etc. is an option.

Let me know if I'm wrong.

Sure... LoL but its been done... Pretty much every wall combo there is with yoshi has been done... Everyone knows the little ways you can twist them to make them your own...

Nice wall combo... But there are easier and better staples out there.... the 2{A+B},B part is risky and hard to connect under pressure also 3B+K:B is the same way but if you did hit 3B+K:B ur better off going for the tech trap or always HIT on some characters with 9A+B,G

Yoshi has about 150 wall combos LoL or more...

Yeah, that´s old style combo, before the 4K_1 was used... just go for the those finishers, unless you started the wall combo with CH 3AB, wich can lead to reset scale damage with another 3AB.

***Move this to the combo thread***

Back