Yoshimitsu Web Theater.

Pretty much anything that leaves yoshi at better than -5 on block or hit will be a frame trap for iMCF. I generally like 6A, 4B, FLEA , and 1B+K, but DGF B, 22_88K, traps as well. iMCF frame traps into itself, even with 2A, AA, BB on block iMCF will beat most moves as well.

Outside of iMCF, 2[A+B]~FLEA B traps against a lot of things; 22_88K is only -1 on block if you don't want to iMCF.

Cupui ( Sieg ) VS Frozenfang ( Yoshi )

Cupui ( Mitsu ) VS FrozenFang ( Yoshi )

Cupui ( Night ) VS FrozenFang ( Yoshi )

Suncrest ( Cervy ) VS FrozenFang ( Yoshi )

there's a couple match I recorded a few day ago
I think our yoshi is better than before

hope you like it
comment will be appreciated
THX for watching :)

Frozenfang needs to punish better, any time NM's FC 3B and NSS K are blocked should give yoshi a free 3B. He definitely improved, as he's not throwing 3AB out randomly all the time now.
I liked his creativity with the stances, but half of the time he was just sitting in a stance waiting for the opponent to do something. Also, can I say need over 9000 times more iMCF and FC 3K?

@eltho

THX for the advice

for punish maybe he don't know that FC 3B and NSS K is punish able with 3B

iMCF...well looks like he still can't perform it in match ( i'll ask him to practice later :) )
FC 3K...maybe He don't know that it's a good sweep. I'll tell him later :)

and Yes he only play yoshi now
never touch the other character LOL

Thx again

I need a rating. Yoshimitsu is my best character, and I want to get better with him. Watch the video and tell me what I can do. Sorry for the crappy quality.

dont wanna sound like an ass but that was terrible. Missed out on alot of combo opportunities (66B; 4A non-jf for launchers???), no stance game at all, no low mixups, no okizeme, 3AB spamming, MED B when out of range, etc. Id also say more iMCF but u probably dont know what it is or how to do it for that matter.

go to yoshi's frame data thread and study up. go to yoshi's combo thread and study up again.

i find it hard to comment on online matches with that much lag. lag at that level can totally f* up your execution.

online != offline

Online = spam AA/BB >>>>> 95% of online scrubs

Offline = Mixups, okizeme, combos, iMCF, spacing, punishment, stance roulette, etc.

Okay. I've been working on my Yoshimitsu. I have trouble using his Flea and Dragonfly stance. I have no trouble with Meditation or Intimidation. Whenever I use them, I can never connect an attack or a combo with them.

since it looks like ur fairly new then use DGF after knockdowns. you can switch between DGF K to doorkocker (6A+BBB) or DGF B to 3B combo. DGF will start to get predictable after a while though but stick with it for now.

use FC 3K for knockdowns. for FLEA use 2[A+B] to get into it and use FLEA B and for soul damage and good frames on block.

That cass was absolutely terrible. Stop playing with people that suck this bad, you'll pick up bad habits, like throwing out 3B and 3AB randomly. Also work on your followup when you do hit a 3B, 6K if you are not good at landing 33BB+K or DNK.

The negative:
- 7x missed 3B combos. Even if you're on-line, a connection of 4 or better should allow to nail a:B+K, 66B or DNK without any problems.
- A couple missed 66 combos. You just threw out 66B, BB instead. I guess that's not a huge loss if you don't want to get locked into INT, but if you have a guaranteed 66 you need to capitalize with that combo.
- Not a lot of post-CH DNK follow-ups.
- 4A and REF K aren't moves you want to randomly throw in there...or maybe even use.
- No post-INT A follow-up. INT A on hit gives you all kinds of free stuff. I like to use 9B+KK or 9B+KKg mix-ups. Figure out what works for you.
- I don't recommend randomly going into MED or Pogo. If you want to play a wake-up game, use DRG and the suggestions Jonny Blaze made in his Okizeme post on CF.
- CH 6B. If you hit a crappy player, you get 3AB for free. If you hit a decent player, you get free mix-ups after they shake it.

The positive:
- Better than your last video.

Advice:
- Go to training mode and practice your combos. Get to the point where you can do them all reliably. You're giving up lots of potential damage.
- Practice using DRG B_K on wakes. That's a good way to get started with wake-up games.
- Watch videos of other Yoshimitsu players and consider modeling some of your game after them.

Edit: And, yes, that Cass was bad.

No sense in being rude....

DGF means DragonFly... or 8B+K ....

just trying to let him learn things on his own since he doesnt seem to be listening to our advice at all. this shows in his recent vid.

and guarding is pretty much non-existent when ur playing online as seen from that cass.

I've been trying to mix some combos with Yoshi's 8A+K but I can't seem to get a good one down. Any advice?

Back