MCF & iMCF
WC 3K
REF A
SDRG B
SDRG K:K
4KB_4K(or just 1B_1 by itself)
22_88A
3AB

SDGF K:K : A nice move, but definitely not a staple in Yoshi's game, imo. Can be considered extra risky in tournament play if you're relying on visual cues to hit the JF when an uncertain amount of input lag is present.

REF A: Punishable on block and highly visible. Great for occasional use, but not a staple in Yoshi's game, imo.

6B: Shakable stun on CH. This move is great for regaining tempo, but no follow-up is ever guaranteed on a shakable stun (except maybe on-line).

IMO -
SDGF K:K is risky, but can be worth the risk if you can do the JF consistently. However, UBs destroy the Auto-GI.
REF A: Can be replaced for something else. After all, its probably the only useful move out of REF, which makes it predictable. I only ever play against CPU, sadly. It always hits them xp. Maybe 214A can replace it?

SDGF K:K is risky, but can be worth the risk if you can do the JF consistently. However, UBs destroy the Auto-GI. I only ever play against CPU, sadly.

If you try to constantly do that in tournament play (not against the CPU) you'll be in a world of hurt. I suggest you find some decent real life opponents to figure out what is truly effective and what isn't.

use 214A ONLY for its evasive properties, waaaaaay unsafe on block and easily blocked on reaction as well.

@Hajime, I wish lol.
The only opponent I fight is my brother, and he's like a hyper noob/scrub.
I don't really know what else Yoshi has to offer... Have to check later. I've been focusing more on Talim, X and Voldo these past few days xp

No 44b:B ?
I always found that move useful, especially since you can play mind games and delay it a huge amount.

1K is a great TC that leads to amazing damage.

FC 3K leads to great wake-ups, and is at least a bit safer than his other sweeping lows

No 44b:B ?
I always found that move useful, especially since you can play mind games and delay it a huge amount.

Linear (read: steppable) and high. There really aren't a lot of mind games you can play with this. The opponent can duck or step this if a Yoshi player is spamming this out. Stepping also gets the opponent out of the 44B UB, leaving only a close range 44bA as a threat. Great in combos, but that's about it.

1K is a great TC that leads to amazing damage.

Slow and punishable by every character. Great if you get lucky when anticipating a high, but not something you're going to throw out constantly.

FC 3K leads to great wake-ups, and is at least a bit safer than his other sweeping lows

FC 3K is, if I recall correctly, Yoshi's most unsafe low. That doesn't make the move useless, but it's definitely not something a Yoshi player should ever be spamming out.

I was sure FC 3K was more safe than 214A at the very least.

Ah well, shows what I know lol.

I never said 44b:B spammable, I just said it was fun to mess people around with it...and juggles, is more what it's for. You can catch quite a few in counter with it, especially when you delay it a bit, TC's aside.

I never meant anything was spammable.

Ninja: No worries. As far as I understand it, top 10 moves tend to be moves that are the foundation of your game. So, when I said "spammable", I was under the impression that the moves you listed are ones you throw out constantly in your game.

punishable by every character. Great if you get lucky when anticipating a high, but not something you're going to throw out constantly.

That's not correct, retest.
It's around -13 for the most I'm sure. Hardly punishable on block. Sophie doesn't even get 236:B. This is one of my favorite moves so i know ;)

For the two guys who have 3AB in their list......NO.....NO.....NO. So unsafe it's not even funny. If you want to take a risk then throw 3B and even then you better be ready to reap what you sow. But 3AB is strictly combo based. 3AB as a staple? That's some online bullshit. I would say IMO but I'm sure every other good Yoshi feels the same so it's hardly an opinion lol.

Yeah, 3A,B is uber unsafe, even online. It's like a free launcher for your opponent isn't it?

I'd say 4A+K @ 54, 44, 34, etc. seconds is at least top ten. Stopping mid-doorknocker to do the crazy unblockable works great. However, the move has strange whiffs, as well as very linear.

And how about the command throws? Like Astaroth, you should always go for one of Yoshi's command throws (either B+G4 or 214A+G) as it's more damaging... or healing. Not to mention back-turned and stance cancel throws.

^Don't I know you from Gamefaqs?
My username is Kami_Ryuu

Anyway, B+G4 & B+G6 benefit from being inescapable(I think), but its risky. However, I heard both leave you at advantage. Is that true?

B+G4 and B+G6: These throws can be broken. When they are broken, you give the opponent life as opposed to taking it. The issue with this throw is you have to guess whether your opponent will even attempt to break the throw at all. If you use B+G6 and your opponent breaks with A or doesn't even try to break at all, then you've just given your opponent life. =( So, there's slightly more risk involved in doing these throws as opposed to a regular one. If you have your back to the edge and your opponent expects 214A+G, then you can usually force B+G4 on them, though.

^I know they're reversable. But not escapable. I heard that, regardless of health loss/gain, the throw still leaves you at advantage.
Is that true?

Some people tend to break B more, as they want you to try B+G4. This is where 214A+G comes into play, no matter where you are in the ring.

Nonetheless, I like Yoshi's throw game. Stems from my love of Asta's throw-heavy game I suppose. If only Yoshi had a crouch throw... :)

Asta: My only gripe with 214A+G is the position you're in after you complete the throw. A+G, which does slightly less damage, gives you better position for wakes. But, I guess the trade off is a smaller break window and slightly more damage. So, to each his own in terms of throws.

Bryan: Yes, that is true. You get K or a:B+K for free after either of those throws.

Back