Yoshi's Top 10 moves(Namuuuu...)

Im sorry but I could still care less about AA. Ive always known it was a good punisher, but I don't play this game just for winning (which is why I try not to go for ringouts.) I just love playing Yoshi for yoshi, with his stances and his randomness and his combos. Hes just so cool. AA is just such a corny looking move to me and so simple (So I stray away from its use.) I mean hell, I even use 11B quite often (and I am still confused as to why not more of you are using it, I get it off 80% of the time and use it for tech trap/evasive purposes.) I use every move he has, every stance, except I try not to use his REF A or DGF K too often since spamming it is stupid and I hate yoshi's stance lows since I believe they are abusable online. In fact, there is not one move that I use less than AA lol.

I guess by the titles RDDK has given Yoshimitsus there is no doubt in my mind that I am classified as a 70%funny and 30% flashy Yoshi.

Haha, AA is good, and if u want to be solid and stylish at the same time (which is possible) you should use it :p
Nothing corny looking about it.

Im sorry but I could still care less about AA. Ive always known it was a good punisher, but I don't play this game just for winning (which is why I try not to go for ringouts.) I just love playing Yoshi for yoshi, with his stances and his randomness and his combos. Hes just so cool. AA is just such a corny looking move to me and so simple (So I stray away from its use.) I mean hell, I even use 11B quite often (and I am still confused as to why not more of you are using it, I get it off 80% of the time and use it for tech trap/evasive purposes.) I use every move he has, every stance, except I try not to use his REF A or DGF K too often since spamming it is stupid and I hate yoshi's stance lows since I believe they are abusable online. In fact, there is not one move that I use less than AA lol.

I guess by the titles RDDK has given Yoshimitsus there is no doubt in my mind that I am classified as a 70%funny and 30% flashy Yoshi.

You don't win much, do you? lol.

I mean hell, I even use 11B quite often (and I am still confused as to why not more of you are using it, I get it off 80% of the time and use it for tech trap/evasive purposes.)

Let's do the numbers:

11B, i24 Mid, -18 on block, +0 on hit (24 dmg), KND on CH. TCs quite early.
214A, i28 Low, -17 on block, KND on hit and CH. Combos for ~60 dmg. TCs on frame 2 and slightly steps.

Any questions? ^_^

Keep in mind that these forums are focused on tournament level play. While you're entitled to your opinion, don't be surprised when people make comments on some of your move choices or lack thereof.

Commenting on some answers: I didn't even know that B+G 4 and 2A+K 4 could be cancel... So that would explain why I was so frustrated when it didn't work ! so that would kick out 2A+K from my list XD Anyway, like I said, the rainbow drop stuff 214 A+G near the RO place is good, but I know the risk it has since the opponent is not stupid, so it is good for some situation, but still a good damaging throw...

And for FLEA, I am starting to use it more often to use more all the possibilities from there since I don't like that much DRG that leave you with so minimal option... In FLEA, you have 3 low possibility, 2 high or mid (not sure for K and B) and you normally dodge all low. With 2A+K you can dodge High and Low, too bad is so quick, you actually have to spam it... and with 6A+K you can actually evade some stuff... Like Hajime said, you are already in the air, so less damage, less combo since you are not gonna be launch as high, and no throw... For FLEA a, even if some think it is useless, it is a safe low attack useful when the opponent is back rolling, can be combine with B+K to do some mind game...too bad he's doing a sound while doing the B+K. All this to say this stance is probably the more useful one, just need to practice a lot into it.

I forgot to say the move 1 ! Not sure the block is really good but this is a fast unblockable attack with semi-tracking ability, nice on some wake up game with some weird hitbox. I was able to hit a Mitsurugi player at a far distance when fully charge (too bad he didn't step lol).

I never care what people think about how i play. I realize that basically everybody on this board harrasses someone at one time or another about the way they play. I just personally hate AA and BB. Its just something I find too simple to use for me to ever enjoy the benefits from it. I will however use it if I use B+G4 and they are next to a wall to get some nice damage, but otherwise I don't touch it.

Im not bragging but I win about 80% of the time if I pick yoshi, as there are alot of people here who can vouch for me. AA does not make or brake a game, so im not sure why you would assume I lose often...Mix-ups and skills make or brake a game basically. But I am curious as to why you are rating my play when I have not fought half of you on this board lol.

Again you can laugh at that fact, but I really dont care n_n I play this game because I love it and its fun. I play not to win in tournaments, but to play to how I like playing (Which means leave out the easy moves, learn what others havn't, and take fun risks :p)

And to above poster, its not like 11B detracks me from using 214A so I don't realize why you compared the two. Besides, 11B dodges more than just highs. Should your timing be right he is backed up quite a bit as to where mids will whiff him to.

Im not here to gain your affection people n_n im just here to shair my knowledge =p

Codemasters: I compare 11B to 214A because it's safer, about the same speed, and leads to greater damage.

Your contributions are mostly useless to the people who play competitively. You play on-line, so you're getting away with crap that you won't be able to get away with off-line. You don't play to win, so you're just having fun / randomly doing moves, but because you're playing on-line you're not getting punished for not being as effective as you can be. I'm glad you're having fun with the game, but stop telling people something works because it works on-line or because it's fun. Like I said in the other thread, if you want to discuss on-line tactics, go make a thread. People are here because they want to learn to play competitively.

^ When have I ever said something works exactly that doesn't work offline? I contribute tech-traps, combos, and things like that. Not obviously escapable moves or tactics that one can easily avoid. Why are you acting all high and mighty and assuming that everything I do is focused on on-line play. Have you ever played me once? No, then stop saying that I play like that when you have no clue. When did I ever say something only worked online? Just because I play online doesn't mean what I do only works on there. Sure enough certain things I do may be punishable off-line, but im not A.) stating to use said things nor B.) expecting that they won't be punished.

People who look down on others just because they don't love going to tournaments are rather obnoxious. This is a game, one with an online feature. This is a website, one that requires you to be online. I hate getting on a person's badside, but don't talk like you know everything. Last I checked I was entitled to an opinion, as are you.

But do me one favor. Go look for (other than a post I just recently made about 6k2k) where I stated ANYTHING that was only on-line capable, please. I implore you too. Also, last I checked my contributions were rather helpful, thank you very much. And if you really plan on playing the "everything you say is useless" card, tell me how they are.

I came back to edit my post and qualify the statement, but you responded already. I apologize for the blanket statement. Any contributions you make based on the fact the move is "fun" or works on-line is useless to the community here. I'll take the rest to PMs.

so have we decided if 4A: series "lucky" landing is indeed only random luck compared to the falling GB version or what? or is that one still up in the air?

Cuz I really want to know if I should bother trying to get this down online. I stopped using it for 44bB (can get pretty much 100% in a 5 bar..about 90% (if I try) in a 4 bar and I tend to not do 3 bars on purpose. Say what you want online v offline, but when I come back to my apartment and its 3 am I doubt there is anyone in Northern California that would want me driving an hour to their place...knocking on the door...and trying to play them ..lol THAT being said, I don't tend to use it anymore so my timing on it (online at least... its only the first input that really is really very different I think off/online) has gone to shit.

also the more I've started using 44Bb the more I've started to like it. I feel to some extent its better even on ground than ear slicer and because its a re-launch in a way its better mid-air as well.

So the more I use 44bB the more I think it deserves a good spot on his "top 30" move list (more like what it is).

My yoshi feels weird right now cuz I'm in a transition phase of starting to use him again, but i'd love to get a game in with some yoshi's online (I'll take fun/practice over nothing anyday).

P.S- I really want to see if/how your yoshi has changed over the last few months code if you are ever on. :) Maybe we will have you lag out of the matches less (or you dad was changing some wiring?? it was something weird..lol)

Gator: You should really come out to one of our gatherings or one of our monthly tournaments.

44bB is really up there. It is much better than the 4A series. CH iMCF, 22B, 3AB usually nets one 44bB. CH iMCF, 22B, 3B can net you two 44bBs. Timing practice definitely required. I can get one 44bB on-line due to muscle memory (when I'm bored enough to play on there >_<).

You can get a RO from the starting position on a good number of the stages from the starting position with a standard CH iMCF, 22B, 3AB, 44bB, a:B+K combo. For stages with walls, it takes one 44bB in an juggle to get them to a wall so you can finish with a:B+K, DNK...or a:B+K into a 214A tech trap.

Two 44bBs in a juggle (CH iMCF, 22B, 3B, 44bB, 44bB, a:B+K) can net you ROs on the slightly larger stages.

1st player side required for the Distant Marsh, Thesmophoros' Imperial Garden, and Ice Coffin of the Sleeping Ancient.

I also really like the distance you can have with it and still hit imcf after a counter hit. I knew you could get 2 in..but i couldn't remember if it were B or AB. I'll check it out. The combos are godaweful to get online..88B comes out weird an slow online.. but perfect EVERY time do it offline. So it would be nice to have shit work like it should for a change....lol.

already use 44bB after the 3AB, but maybe I'll see if (offline) the 2 after B are worth the effort and the % fail by poor me (probably shouldn't be bad... I've always been pretty decent with timing things.

I think I have spring break in a few weeks and will be in Davis during that time... (which means car..lol) so maybe I can go to something then. Would be fun to play with you mountain dew loving bastards ..I love stereotypes (^o^). Also possible if I'm not busy with job and shit at the time ya know?? yeaaaa :)

Mountain Dew? O.o

44bB is amazing. Going for that second one is pretty much a risk / reward thing unless you're positive you got the first 44bB in early. Just contact me if you're in the area. We have some Sacramento players, although we haven't been able to get a big gathering going yet.

The topic always fell to death... so there I am since I have time to kill at the job ! What are the move that are surely in the top 10 right now oO It would be fun to have a list that everyone would agree (or almost -_-') So what, iMCF, DNK ? No everyone is using DNK, but it is definitly a good move. Anyway, I'll let Hajime or someone else tell me what would possibly be THE list !

In no particular order...

AA
BB
6A
6K (Punishment)
7_8_9K (mostly 8_9K)
iMCF
33B B+K (and its variations)
4A+K @ X4 seconds
Throws (if those don't count, I suppose 4KB makes it in)

My list from page two. Far from authoritative, but quoted for your reference.

4A+K deserves special mention. Mostly due to T4, T3, and ST3. T6, T2, T1, T0, and ST9 have their uses, but aren't abusable like the aforementioned three.

These are my top 10 most used moves for high level play. "Most used" is the key phrase there. My Yoshi couldn't function without these moves. I think everyone's list in this thread is focused a little differently, though.

This is my first post, so i would like to get some feedback
My top 10
iMCF: who doesn't like this move?
44A+B: strong move, hits grounded opponents, if you whiff you can cancel or go into flea of med
44B+K: i like this move a lot, the mixups are amazing. 44B+K,B+K,B+K covers a lot of ground quickly and scares a lot of people. i also like to cancel into med or just cancel the whole move than throw
Doorknocker: great for juggles and counterhits
214A: good solid low, even though its unsafe on block. i use it for sidesteppers and after a GI. make them eat doorknocker afterwards
6K: a strong quick kick, if they block it follow up with 2k or the delayed k
a:B+K: very fast, knocks people out of the air
2A+B: one of my main moves for grounded opponents, usually go into pogo but when they get used to that, I follow up with B
ba: great against people who constantly attack, because you catch the counterhit attack throw.
66A+K:a great wake up move, some people will just get up and eat it. use the fake after they start to see it coming

tell me what you think

Hi sappy.

You can't cancel 44A+B into stances if you whiff. You either whiff or cancel into stances, but you can't do both. =(

Back