Z.W.E.I. Patch/Wishlist

yeah 1A is to slow....but helps with grounded enemies a lot
I mean it can be used in conjunction with EIN, but he doesnt have any good lows or low chips Tira has 236k, V 1K, Voldo well lol his move list, IVY 1k etc. I would understand the lack if he was stronger but even with two bars it barely equates to the lack of vital aspects needed in a good character.

its only good in combos really. Throwing it out against someone that is just laying on the ground is EXTREMELY risky. It should be much safer for how slow it is. -16 or so would be fair. -20 is just retarded.
yeah I wouldnt mind -20 if he was faster
soz for dbl post

The 33B BE damage increase is...well accepted, however, it's not a move that you use that often...

But the other two buffs are actually interesting:
B+K having better range now, makes the move, sort of, a better whiff punishing tool now.
And 3A more frames on hit and (If I'm not mistaken) you actually have more delay frames of the second hit (3AA). It's almost hit-confirmable now. I don't know, even If they are minor, at least there ARE some buffs, especially the 3A one.

well i just test the changes of zwei....my impresions:

3A.A (Aloft Revolver): lengthened opponent's freeze on first attack hit.
-i dont find a use for this, you cant combo with anything, idk what's the reason for that.

B+K (Poor Fish): lengthened attack reach.
-this one is usefull to combo, for example with 4B(BE)....but the lengthened reach is not so much.

33 or 99bA+B+K (Rush & Savage): increased 4th attack's damage (18→26).
-this one is not usefull at all...at least for me...i don't use this move at all.

post your impresions guys ;)

-i dont find a use for this, you cant combo with anything, idk what's the reason for that.

-this one is usefull to combo, for example with 4B(BE)....but the lengthened reach is not so much.

-this one is not usefull at all...at least for me...i don't use this move at all.

The patch is out???!?!

undocumented changes I noticed, or i might just be losing my mind

A+B wall splats differently now, much harder to chain combos with it against the wall

scaling damage has changed for some moves in combos slightly. the timing on his 66{A+B} charge tech trap has changed, and some characters can escape it by teching left (boo)

the scaling change has bumped up my max damage combo to 237, it was previously at 223, so something has changed, not quite sure where. the same combo with a back throw option instead now is full death wheras it wasnt before.

I use Rush & Savage myself but as a gamble, i.e. I pray they're doing a b so i can get in the sidestep and smack. So I guess a little bit more damage for it is ok, but honestly, I would've preferred a way to combo it effectively to make use of all that damage.

we have so many moves that are less effective against a well informed foe :

66BA ( duck A ) i find myself using 66B alone most of time.
4A] ( QS after the block )
1B] god damn it dont use it on guard except for wakeup game, just use a tc move after the first block
3AA ( duck the high ) the first move is -16 on block, use a tc move and he will hesitate to use his only mid A .

ZWEI is a "mytho" character. When the opponent knows when to roll, when to qs and when to duck, there are holes everywhere.

You have to use lots of moves to confuse them but your framedata doesn't really help us for diversity
+
Most of our kicks sucks
=he is mid + against scrub and low tier against well informed opponents.

Fair, because it seems the game is balanced for scrub and not for competitive scene.
Xiba and leixia (only the WR b and wr B be changes were ok ) nerfs reveal the truth

So here we stand, with these pathetic 3 buffs

well for me sosushi or whathever he calls, is not so surprising, as babalook says, the oponents in the videos dont know how to deal with a lot of simple zwei things....like crouching the 2nd hit of 66BA and punish it......or.....using Tech Crouch hits between 4[A] and EIN hits, or keeping eating the same B+K(BE) setup with 3AA a lot of times, leting charge at maximum EIN in 4[A] withouth interrupt, etc etc........i play zwei a lot, i drop patroklos now...im just playing with zwei, and i have friends with high level play in my country, they know how to deal with all this stuff, and is a pain to win when the oponent know how to play against zwei....in online(ranked...loby) i win at least the 90% of the matches with zwei, but with my friends is 50/50 and sometimes i have more looses than wins...........but i keep saying, zwei have a lot of potential, but is a matter of time for develop a good style with him, but zwei for me is just a regular mid tier char with the tools he have, but i have very fun times playing with him ;)

pd: sorry for my bad english XD

Where are these videos located?

The patch isn't out yet. The reach for B+K definitely hasn't changed. When the hell is the patch coming out?

Does anyone find a use for 3A BE? Like A LOT of Zwei's moves, I find it pointless, as comboing into 1K BE, A+B with 3B instead does just as much damage without costing as much meter. And comboing into 1K BE, CE with 3B also does significantly more damage than with 3A BE, without costing as much meter. On top of that, 3A BE is not hit-confirmable like 4B BE, so the move is completely useless. It's not worth the meter, or risk of wasting meter, to use 3A BE as a mixup for 3AA.

My question is, will the increased stun on 3A make it to where you can grab after 3AA from more angles and distances without delaying the second A? In other words will the pushback on the second A be reduced? Otherwise i don't see the point of this move's buff.

Besides after WR B, i find B+K somewhat useful in the fact that it can combo into 4B BE, 66A+B, 1K (when not facing the opponent, the combo likely won't connect) and also can combo into his CE after 4B BE, and is one of his only mid's that hits grounded. Even though 4B BE can be hit-confirmed, it is still worth trying to guarantee it with B+K or A+G (followed by 66A+B, 1K) since Zwei's meter is so precious. This and the fact that B+K hits grounded and can be used when BT makes the move now very useful with the increased range.
*Note that 4B BE, 66A+B only connects after B+K when facing the opponent or after sidestepping at point blank range (PBR?). Otherwise either 4B BE or 66A+B doesn't connect consistently. You also have to perform 66A+B fast for 1K to connect for extra damage.

lol sorry just found your complaining kinda funny
im guessing the 3A could be used in conjunction with some like B+k BE.

patch is definitely out, mine patched yesterday (florida) B+K range is noticable, the 3A buff is mostly nothing although i had hope, as is the 33b A+B+K

not sure how i feel about the B+K range increase yet. it has good and bad things about it.

lol sorry just found your complaining kinda funny
im guessing the 3A could be used in conjunction with some like B+k BE.

im not complaining...just posting my impresions....and 3A was used in conjunction with B+K(BE) before the patch, what is the reason to put more frames of advantage to 3A if you cant combo or frame trap with anything???....the only posible combo is his natural combo 3AA.....and always was natural combo....im really wondering what was proyect soul thinking about this change

im not complaining...just posting my impresions....and 3A was used in conjunction with B+K(BE) before the patch, what is the reason to put more frames of advantage to 3A if you cant combo or frame trap with anything???....the only posible combo is his natural combo 3AA.....and always was natural combo....im really wondering what was proyect soul thinking about this change
fair enough dude, hmm, maybe you just have to think of it as time tool, and think of the greater stun as time to move or something

the only change i noted usefull...is the better reach of B+K....yesterday i was doing very good combos with that...punishing whifs...etc

Back