1/18/08 - cali regionals - simi valley, ca

Nice vids. But how did Alex get away with doing 1A 3 times in a row even though its negative on hit!

Yes, Amy's 1A is negative on hit (-1), but remember she has an 11-frame 6B. That will interrupt someone trying a generic 13-frame FC 2A who was hit by 1A. Since the opponent is in FC after 1A hits, even Taki can't just whip out a 10-frame attack, so Amy is still in control of the flow.

In this case maybe the opponent tried to stay guarding, so more 1As connected. You can't side step that move so it is an awesome tool for her to abuse, except of course when it is blocked for mega-punishment if the opponent is ready.

it's cause FC As don't TC so well. 1A forces opponent into crouch state on hit. furthermore, if they want to FC A amy after being hit by 1A, she can do that stupid A+K jump thing into the unblockable or the safe low with + on hit, or she can just B+K auto GI it into the K launcher and get a combo. cheap ho XD

it's cause FC As don't TC so well. 1A forces opponent into crouch state on hit. furthermore, if they want to FC A amy after being hit by 1A, she can do that stupid A+K jump thing into the unblockable or the safe low with + on hit, or she can just B+K auto GI it into the K launcher and get a combo. cheap ho XD

mmm. Never did like Amy as a match up. Her 6BB has enough range to reach Nightmare's B+K back step and the move is hard to step unless I'm at neutral frames.

Just watched the finals a few minutes ago. Damn that was impressive defense on both player's parts.

And anyone who says Hilde without RO game is garbage... well, just 2 of her throws do half of the player's lifebar or dang close, and her doom combo is no slouch; 100 freakin dmg. ><

??

1A is negative on HIT. Do you know what that means? Plus, shes left standing while after 1A, shes not crouched...and even if she was, WS B is high.

I am aware that 1A is negative on hit. I'm also aware that this means Amy is at a disadvantage. I suppose inflection is completely lost on the intarwebz.

I apologize for offending your delicate sensibilities.

I think getting hit by 1A three times in a row is more understandable than getting hit by a running slide kick four times in a row

Oddly enough, I would have done the same thing. He had the life advantage; it would've taken at least 10 running slide kicks to kill him. He figured he HAD to mix it up with a mid at some point, and then capitalize for the win. And that is exactly what happened.

Amy's 33B is much more dangerous RO wise than is sliding kick really.

Sora...the second one hit him while he was on the ground....there was no reason to keep down in that situation, much less keep standing up into them after that

Just watched the finals a few minutes ago. Damn that was impressive defense on both player's parts.

And anyone who says Hilde without RO game is garbage... well, just 2 of her throws do half of the player's lifebar or dang close, and her doom combo is no slouch; 100 freakin dmg. ><

It's a really good fight, regardless. Hilde's throws don't do half-damage, though.

I'll keep looking at it and analyzing it. Especially looking at Hilde. One aspect I think we can say, at least, could be considered, is not allowing C2BB relaunches, as it dramatically extends the combo range.

So for example, C3B, 44K, C2BB, would not be allowed. But C2BB to C2AA or C3A is still applicable. There's also C3B, B+K, 4A+B which is still quite an impressive combo. And Hilde still has a strong RO game even with the doom combo.

All in all, I don't think she's in the range where she breaks the game. It's just the ability to relaunch opponents and extend the combo that's the issue. Charge combos can stay, but no re-launches on C2BB would probably fix a lot of the issues.

Back