236236 faster?And how?

yh i find broken controllers are much better new ones when it comes to fighting games. My analog sticks are so messed up they don't center anymore but they work gr8 for me and also so are my buttons and d pad.

for me, i use the xbox 360 controller, it's easier when i use the d-pad. right when i hit the opponent, i immediately press 4

wh00t! necr0000! >_<

default xbox360 pad is ass imho.. i find that its a coin-toss as to what direction ur pressing.. >_<

If you're not using/proficient at stick.. the next best thing is the ps2 pad, its dpad will do exactly what u intended to do ALL THE TIME! ...so long as there's no loose plastic bits inside it after getting it bashed on the floor from too many rage.. >_< lol!

i rate the ps2 pad over the ps3... but thats just my own personal preference.. ^_~

well, what i've noticed is that:

1) i try too hard
2) i try to do it too fast.

while it may sound weird, try to slow down your input. i don't mean slow it too much, just enough to where you're hitting ALL the correct directions. before my training session with sophi today, i couldn't figure out how to do it. after i took the time to notice what i was doing wrong, i could do it almost every time. during training, i saw that i wasn't putting in ALL the directions. (kept doing 23636 instead) i usually forgot the second 2.

so...just try to slow down a little bit, just enough that you get 236236 not 23636 or something else.

On the ps3 pad, when im on the P1 side i find the 23653 input with the analog the easiest. On the P2 side i do a complete 236236 on the buttons - you just need to slide from 2 to 6 two times. As of now, after 2 months of playing on some weekends only (becouse of exams) i only fail to do it like once in maybe five tries and in some combos when it needs to be done very quickly or in specific timing.

I can wavedash faster on a bad than I think I'll ever be able to with a stick, but I've been playing fighting games with pad since old SF.

i find it easier if you slow down the input. i mean, slow it enough to where you make sure you put in ALL the directions. not 23636, which i used to often do, but 236236. you have to make sure to take the time to hit each direction.

A little off topic, but what is the fastest you guys can pull off TAS B? I have been using it to punish about i18 at best, but any less is terribly inconsistant for me. I was just curious how that rates against you pro folk lol.

Due to differences in blockstuns and time given to react varying by move I never got TAS B punishes down myself. In the two situations I'd practiced significantly, post Sophie's B and 4B on block I could reasonably produce it at i17 and below, but that wasn't so difficult to train because it's a specific instance and because it's your own move, you know the time to use it will be forthcoming.

From what I've gathered here, take the time to analyze your inputs, go slow first to better understand what you're doing and then speed up as you practice to get the hang of your input speed... Jump back and forth between slow and fast practice to further your understanding of the attack... When you think you have it down you should be able to do it consistently, which is around 10 or 15 times in a row (I try depleting the opponents health in training before they can recover, it's fun, especially with iMCF) and now you should be practicing your combos, tech traps, and frame traps involving TAS attacks like: 66B, TAS B {or} 33K, TAS B {or} 22B, TAS AA {or} CH 4K, TAS B {or} TAS B(far), TAS B:4, these are some good combos to practice... It's about technique, repetition, and timing...

As for what you use, thats up to you, people say arcade stick, others say d-pad, it's what ever is more reliable or easier, I use the 360 controller and only use the d-pad for certain attacks, my controller will eventually wear out, I've gone through 3 or 4 at the most... I've never had a problem with the 360 controller stick, thats just me...

Hey guys I was wondering how you suggest I pull Sophie's 236236 move. I can never pull it off...

Practice really, run your finger in a smooth motion from 2 through 6 in a semi circle then immediately repeat the input. Try it a bit slower at first then up the speed as you get more consistent. Takes a while but its worth it. I used to fail at it a lot but now I rarely miss it.

it should be noted that when one says start out slowly, it is a relative thing. As suggested by "immediately repeat the input" above, the second 236 must come out pretty fast after the first.

So I was messing around on my 360's d-pad a while back and noticed how much potential it had for mproving my step. Problem was it was ass, so I asked in chat if anyone knew of a PS2 to 360 converter. Partisan was able to link the converter which is now in the converter thread.

Anyway, I noticed immediately that it switch my stronger/weak sides. P1 became my weak side and P2 became my strong side. I keep dropping TAS B to 236B on P1 now. I feel it's not because I buffer too fast, but that my thumb for that motion always covers "down" and "right" on the d-pad so I might not be getting the correct directions out for my 236236. I jumped into training as Cass and with Sophie as the dummy and set her to action 1: block, action 2: command 1. Then I attempted to record iTAS B as command 1. If I could 236(B)(-16) as Cass and get TAS Bed I knew I TAS Bed fast enough. P2 side, I just 236236B and I can get it often enough. P1 side I had such a hard time attempting to do it as 236236B. 236B kept coming out and it was getting me pretty pissed. So I tried 23641236B and still managed to get Cassandra stabbed cold buffering.

I still need to practice my new method. I haven't had much time to sit down and play the game in a while. Just thought I'd share since I didn't recall seeing this method mentioned in this thread.

TL;DR: P2 side, d-pad, 23641236B

23641236B
A lot of the times when people mess up motions, trying to do them fast, they try to take shortcuts and end up not doing the full motion. So I guess this method will force you to do the whole motion. I myself think that half circle motions on pad are difficult and always switched to the analog stick back when I wanted to do them on the xbox controller.

Back