8WayRun Bi-Weekly Tournaments

8WayRun PSN Weekly Ranking Battles

Online tournaments are currently on hold while upgrades are being made to the tournament script... Also, popularity of the PS3 event is very steady. All tournament slots tend to be filled out in a single day; with more people begging to be let in. Because of this, I may increase the registration for these tournaments to 64-128 players, and then extend the tournaments from 1 week, to 2 weeks.

Online tournaments are currently on hold while upgrades are being made to the tournament script... Also, popularity of the PS3 event is very steady. All tournament slots tend to be filled out in a single day; with more people begging to be let in. Because of this, I may increase the registration for these tournaments to 64-128 players, and then extend the tournaments from 1 week, to 2 weeks.

You should try to make it double-elimination.

8WayRun XBL Weekly Ranking Battles

Huh? Don't cancel them. A little more time to register could help that problem IMO, say, maybe three or four days. Couldn't you possibly drop them down to 16 as a last resort or something? I'll start spreading the word to other XBL players about these tournaments too. I'll be a spokesman. XD

As for the PSN tournaments, I don't see 64 people being in one tournament either. I mean, just looking back at the comments from the last PS3 tourney, I don't see one comment where someone wanted in.

I think it'd be very bad to get rid of the 360 tournament. It's alot of fun and I met alot of new people I never would have known otherwise simply by joining each week. For that alone I am very thankful for you putting this tourney thing up. Its a very good test of skill, if nothing else. I don't want to sound condescending or anything, but if I were to update the script (provided I learned enough of JavaScript or whatever), I would have it where if 32 players did not sign up by a certain date, it would automatically round out the player number to an even number and truncate any leftover players (sorry!). That way, even if three people sign up, a weekly tournament still could go on.

This past week's numbers may not have been strong as compared to two tournies ago, but doing away with the tournament entirely would be unfair to those who do like to participate

don't cancel these. i just found out about these tournies and i'd like to start playing in them.

If they do make these bigger then i'm gonna start sending 'tournament invites' to the numerous friends I have on PSN that I'm sure would love to play in these. People like EscapedSoul, BentLeeT, Devestate85, maybe somehow convince Eyesthatblaize etc....they'd have fun in these I believe.

We should try having people that host fights as well. One dude invites people at certain times and hosts the fight. Something to think about.

Sounds like fun and maybe just maybe with a 2 week pipeline it may be feasible to do double elimination.

dont canncel just like astaroth ill spread the word to all SC4 players on the 360 so we can have a bigger turnout for next time

Code:
[b]CONSOLE:[/b] XBL
[b]DATE:[/b] 2/16/2009
[b]PLAYERS:[/b] OOFMATIC VS Discoprophet
[b]ROUND:[/b] Round 1
[b]WINNER:[/b] OOFMATIC (2-0)

Code:
[b]PLAYERS:[/b] HappyColour VS Its Enkindu
[b]CONSOLE:[/b] XBL
[b] DATE: [/b] 2/17/2009