8WayRun PSN Weekly Ranking Battles

Code:
[b]CONSOLE:[/b] PSN
[b]DATE:[/b] 02/04/2009
[b]PLAYERS:[/b] Something-Unique VS -_-
[b]ROUND:[/b] Round 2
[b]WINNER:[/b] Something-Unique (2-0)

8WayRun XBL Weekly Ranking Battles

Unfortunately, I have to forfeit my match due to my 360 coming down with a disc read error, and the drill bit I use to take the chassis apart is broken.

However, chaosghost6, I don't appreciate several messages within the span of five minutes telling me that I must forfeit because I can't fit your very narrow time constraint. I sent you a message explaining the situation prior to the event.

In any case, good luck to those remaining in the tournament.

It seems we have some issues with this tournament and rulings...

1 - GRANGERR VS Pendragonsfall were at 1-1, then GRANGERR picks the next stage, even though it should be random. Stages are RANDOM SELECT. Now, even though GRANGERR broke the rules, it is the responsibility of the players to complain when it happens. Pendragonsfall chose to play the match anyways; and because he did this, the results of the match stand. You can not chose to play the match anyways, and then only complain after you lost. If Pendragonsfall had won the match, he wouldn't be complaining; and the stage select would be just as illegal...

2 - GRANGERR VS D.I.N.O had a miscommunication. D.I.N.O is claiming that both he and GRANGERR agreed that their first match would be a test-match and not count for the total of the score. They played, GRANGERR won, and contested that the match counted and rests at 1-0. Under these disputes I would just say, the match doesn't count and it needs to be replayed. However, D.I.N.O fully accepted to take the 1-0 loss and continue the set. However, it appears that GRANGERR is refusing to continue... so he is disqualified and D.I.N.O advances.

Code:
[b]CONSOLE:[/b] XBL
[b]DATE:[/b] 2/05/2009
[b]PLAYERS:[/b] Thermidor VS Agint0O7
[b]ROUND:[/b] Round 2
[b]WINNER:[/b] Thermidor (2-1)

Code:
[b]CONSOLE:[/b] PSN
[b]DATE:[/b] 02/05/2009
[b]PLAYERS:[/b] Something-Unique VS Impending_Doom66
[b]ROUND:[/b] Round 3
[b]WINNER:[/b] Something-Unique (2-0)

It seems we have some issues with this tournament and rulings...

2 - GRANGERR VS D.I.N.O had a miscommunication. D.I.N.O is claiming that both he and GRANGERR agreed that their first match would be a test-match and not count for the total of the score. They played, GRANGERR won, and contested that the match counted and rests at 1-0. Under these disputes I would just say, the match doesn't count and it needs to be replayed. However, D.I.N.O fully accepted to take the 1-0 loss and continue the set. However, it appears that GRANGERR is refusing to continue... so he is disqualified and D.I.N.O advances.

That's not how it happened Jaxel. The first match was the one that DINO thought was the test match that apparently Grangerr didn't know it was a test match....so Grangerr wins that match against DINO's random select character. THEN they played a real match, where DINO picks his main Voldo and Grangerr won that one also. So Grangerr counted both those matches so he thought he won. DINO only counted the second match where he used his main so he called the score 1-0. That's where the dispute lies....it's not that Grangerr is refusing to continue, he won 2 matches so he thought he won while DINO only claims that one match counted.

With all the disputing above I wonder who the **** am I supposed to fight. I need to get it out of the way because I am not available on weekends anymore. so I got until today and tomorrow to finish this up.

Edit: Regardless if Grangerr moves on then I lose because I chose to fight them both and I lost to Grangerr 3-1 so that's that.

Well regardless I consider it a loss so even if I get to fight Dino it won't feel right or satisfy me. So either DINO moves on pass me and Grangerr or I forfeit because I lost already.

It is what it is.

Code:
[b]DATE:[/b] 02/05/2009
[b]PLAYERS:[/b] m216xlegendx VS Astaroth136
[b]ROUND:[/b] Round 4
[b]WINNER:[/b] Astaroth136 (3-0)

Oh, a note to Jaxel or any other tourney admin.: I compensated for the screwed up brackets by saying "round 4" even though it is technically round three.

omg i dont know why people are getting so bent out of shape due to this, i mean its a game, and something-unique is being a good sport, where others are like he said she said, its a game, and if people are doing this now, i hope that something like this doesn't happen at evo and make people question its status in the community.

Code:
[b]DATE:[/b] 2/06/2009
[b]PLAYERS:[/b] Chaosghost6 VS Astaroth136
[b]ROUND:[/b] Round 5
[b]WINNER:[/b] Astaroth136 (4-2)

Very good games Chaos. My Astaroth wasn't working, especially after losing two matches back-to-back. So, I had to switch to Nightmare.

i have no clue how to fight nightmare so i was like meh lol good games

Online tournaments are currently on hold while upgrades are being made to the tournament script... Also, it appears that interest in the 360 tournaments are waning... If entries continue to be low, I am considering cancelling the 360 events.

Back