α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

1B,B 214B (rising) 2362B,A - I need a second opinion on this. Any Actual flaws to it? Its not a listed combo. But performing this without Dawn and Twilight, makes it fail lol

1B,B 214B (rising) 2362B,A - I need a second opinion on this. Any Actual flaws to it? Its not a listed combo. But performing this without Dawn and Twilight, makes it fail lol
You shouldn't bother with a 2362BA ending unless it'll give a ringout or wall combo. The most common options off 1B:B are:
1B:B → 1B:B → 2143B:B → JFT → JFT
1B:B → 2143B:B BE → 8A+BB → JFT
1B:B → 2143B:B → JFT → JFT
1B:B → 2143B:B → 8A+BB → JFT (inconsistent due to weird 8A+BB launch)
1B:B → 214B → 8A+BB → JFT

And of course you can replace JFT enders after 8A+BB with 2A BE for extended tech trap options and damage. My personal recommendation is to stick with 1B:B → 2143B:B → JFT → JFT, and if you absolutely need the win without risking dropping it, go for 1B:B → 2143B:B BE → 8A+BB → JFT/2A BE.

I highly recommend learning 2143B:B → JFT in combos. It's possibly his most important combo link and both JFs are easy enough to do consistently. It's just a matter of putting the two together.

You shouldn't bother with a 2362BA ending unless it'll give a ringout or wall combo. The most common options off 1B:B are:
1B:B → 1B:B → 2143B:B → JFT → JFT
1B:B → 2143B:B BE → 8A+BB → JFT
1B:B → 2143B:B → JFT → JFT
1B:B → 2143B:B → 8A+BB → JFT (inconsistent due to weird 8A+BB launch)
1B:B → 214B → 8A+BB → JFT

And of course you can replace JFT enders after 8A+BB with 2A BE for extended tech trap options and damage. My personal recommendation is to stick with 1B:B → 2143B:B → JFT → JFT, and if you absolutely need the win without risking dropping it, go for 1B:B → 2143B:B BE → 8A+BB → JFT/2A BE.

I highly recommend learning 2143B:B → JFT in combos. It's possibly his most important combo link and both JFs are easy enough to do consistently. It's just a matter of putting the two together.
Alrighty, Thank you very much lol I also have another question.

Do you know the highest Recorded Wall Damage for Alpha Patrokolos? So far I've come up to about 206 but can't tell if its for real. From the Training Dummy, when i've set Ukemi and Air Control Both to Random. Cause The dummy didn't Air Control or Ukemi out of it.

ag:B - ag:B(JF), 2A BE, 2362B,A (wall)2363B:B BE 8A+B B JFT

All characters can tech after 2a BE, however 22_88 B A will not hit if faced up, feet towards, on RIGHT techers but will hit all tech directions if faced down, feet back.
I hope I wrote it right...

Tbh, when it comes to walls, his attack throw is usually the easiest thing to do. Check out this video, most of it still works

All characters can tech after 2a BE, however 22_88 B A will not hit if faced up, feet towards, on RIGHT techers but will hit all tech directions if faced down, feet back.
I hope I wrote it right...
Its always the small details, well i don't have to totally abandon that move now. Cause i'd hardly use it, and if i did it'd be just only the "B" part. Robin do you use a Dpad, Analog or an Arcade stick?

That Video, by the way. Just left me in awe. But it'll try those out too.

I use the Xbox 360 stick only (except when I attempt Ivy's iCS heh).. I wouldn't really understand how else you can Alpha, but there's always a different solution to everything.
On a side note btw: ag:b ag:b 2a BE sometimes result in face down feet back and sometimes it does face up feet front.. Haven't understood why but just letting y'all know it's there.

I Broke my D-pad sadly, So i'm training with Analog. I'm getting back up to speed though lol Its sort of hard to Quick step with the Analog. Honestly i'm much better with the D-Pad.

hold the stick between thumb and pad of first finger, alot easier than what I see some people do with just thumb

I use the Xbox 360 stick only (except when I attempt Ivy's iCS heh).. I wouldn't really understand how else you can Alpha, but there's always a different solution to everything.
On a side note btw: ag:b ag:b 2a BE sometimes result in face down feet back and sometimes it does face up feet front.. Haven't understood why but just letting y'all know it's there.

I've noticed it's when the 2nd ag:B hits the opponent when their head just touches the ground. I use that visual cue to know what I should prepare to attack with after a 2aBE and it works 90% of the time for me (no exaggeration).

Back