Alpha Patroklos Combo Discussion

"aPotroklos" isnt hard to use. But he's hard to master.
I agree.
Ever since the Shinden Tsushima-ryu Battōjyutsu(Setsuka's style) was edited and changed in SCV, making the command list smaller, it kind of shortened Alpha Patroklos's variety of attacks(which was very dull in my honest opinion).
But hopefully Namco Bandai Games will fix this in Soul Calibur VI, if there will be one made.

lol Tekken

Anyways how useful is 11B? I know you can follow up 1AAA and ag:B. Just curious if I should implement this move in my aPat.

It's a pretty good whiff punish if you aren't confident in your 1B:B abilities.

Thanks for telling sir
DatSheffy.png

I don't know if this is the best usage, but I use 11B as part of the wake up game, mixed up with 11A, 8A+B, etc. I should probably use 66A+B more instead since that does more dmg to health and guard, but 11B combos more.

I don't know if this is the best usage, but I use 11B as part of the wake up game, mixed up with 11A, 8A+B, etc. I should probably use 66A+B more instead since that does more dmg to health and guard, but 11B combos more.

I may not be correct about this, but 11B will always hit an opponent that start rolling on the floor, on the contrary of 66A+B, if the opponent rolls and you do 66A+B, he can easily backthrow you.

66A+B is rather useful on opponents that always block on wake-up, it can sometimes catch Back Ukemi for big damages.
it's a very situationnal attack in general, only useful when you really want to break the guard/put some pressure on a never-ending blocking opponent (a guard which blinks red is always a bit frightening) without taking too much risks, (only unsafe VS aPat CE)

66A+B would be good if aPat's throw/mid game wasn't so strong, or if 66A+B was as good as Omega's 4B. As is, there's really no reason to use the move.

Omega's 4B is not good. Not against Alpha.
Its a slow ass move that is only thrown out expecting to be blocked.
So you're at neutral right next to me? Big deal. My JF Twister is completely uninterruptable unless you have CE at which point mine beats yours anyway, so block and take my throw/mid mixup, you psychotic (and VASTLY overrated) bitch. Take your gurad crush damage, I'll just force a 100dmg 50/50 on you, because thats a fair trade *trollface*.
Omega's 4B is +2, so 2A after it will beat JFT clean for a free throw/mid mix-up for Omega (Though aPat's CE can still beat it). Also, it's slow, but no decent Omega player is just going to throw it out unless they're almost certain it's going to get blocked.

Hey, pressure's still pressure with Omega, and you have to take whatever you can get, lol. I honestly don't see a reason not to use it unless the person you're playing can JG it consistently. I don't know if you've ever played with Partisan or seen him play, but he uses 4B a lot.

I don't know, you might be right. I guess I just like 4B for the gauge damage and the added pressure you get from that +2. Additionally, if you opt to do 4B in that situation and you've conditioned them to not attack, you're then back in the same situation of a 1K/throw/DNS B/whatever mix-up, except with the added gauge damage you've given them from 4B.

Was messing around and found that if their back is too the edge or against wall then 1b:b, 1b:b, throw connects. Example 1b:b, 1b:b, a+g, 8a+b b, 2a BE, JFT will do do roughly 140 ish damage. All his throws connect including 214 b+g for huge damage.

Edit: only works against ring edge. Against wall it just splats but it's great at rings edge.

Was messing around and found that if their back is too the edge or against wall then 1b:b, 1b:b, throw connects. Example 1b:b, 1b:b, a+g, 8a+b b, 2a BE, JFT will do do roughly 140 ish damage. All his throws connect including 214 b+g for huge damage.
This is pretty cool actually. 1B:B, 1B:B, 214B+G, JFT would be a ballin' way to ring someone out.

Back