Astaroth and Viola Announced at TGS

• Admin
Tokyo Game Show started today (half a day ago, due to timezones) and already a metric ton of information has been released about various fighting games for the upcoming year. Soul Calibur V is of course no exception with Famitsu getting the details on two new confirmed characters!

The first revealed character is a returning favorite... Astaroth; who if my math is correct, is now 23 years old. The second new character is "Viola"; who attacks with disembodied jewels, very similar to Z.W.E.I. She is working with Z.W.E.I. to accomplish something or another.

PoQ6B5l9eB2d251Bmp61OcT6WD235Pte.jpg LK49njXF7Lquc8NAZc7972fvJ684O89B.jpg stLb8q5LIB95XRU4t37ly7y39lPWxlRG.jpg
uWxMNb11RUWh4D87Fe4bB138YvC9y7Cm.jpg VV8gL4gtuTLKRFNdsMiIAj17Uu22EwYA.jpg WgsTkVVH2U61824F4y5LJ89575lo7O6L.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Interesting to also note that while Patroklos wields a RED shield , weapon and garbs, Pyrrha wields a BLUE shield and stuff instead. But who is gonna wield which sword?

Patroclus says a bunch of stuff about him "being justice" and all that shit.. I'd guess from that, he'd be Soul Calibur. His 2P's shield is blue.
From the trailer alone..
"Heir to the title 'Holy warrior'." .. "I am justice!"

I did, too.. That was a pretty dumb line.
It fits with his character though.

Patroklos is obviously named after Patroclus, a Greek war hero. While most heroes were only interested in honor and fame, Patroclus was interested in protecting his comrades and city above everything else. Thats most likely why they chose his name for the character.

I recall in a certain interview, not sure who, but said tha once you finish Story Mode you'd be able to unlock plenty of stuff. Question is, is it a individual Story for each character, or one long one that involves everyone?

My avatar eye sees that it will be one long story that involves everyone.

That's just my guess. Hell if I know.

I just saw that DOA 5 is coming out next year too. that's what Soul Calibur, Virtual Fighter, Dead or Alive, (is Tekken X SF coming out next year too?). Along with Mass Effect 3 and Resident Evil ORC. 2012=best gaming year ever.
2011=seems like the longest year ever right now. Hurry and end. I'm gonna go into cryogenic sleep now. Wake me up next year.

Please elaborate. I don't play MK anymore so do tell what the story mode in MK9 is like. I'm too lazy to look it up. :)
pretty much MK9 has a story mode that plays like a long movie where the cut scenes go into the fights and you play as all the hero/neutral players. It's story is very in depth and great.

YES! Astaroth is back!
But am I the only one who's a bit disappointed in the new characters? Of the six known ones, four are young doe-eyed girls. Wouldn't it be better if we got new characters who look like actual fighters (like Mitsurugi, Astaroth and Zasalamel). Sorry if I sound a bit salty.

Always thought Soul Calibur should have some mage/witch/sorcerer like character who fights with magic as his/her weapon. Can't wait to try Viola out. Claw is kinda weird but what eves. My first impressions of her is "awesome".

It fits with his character though.

Patroklos is obviously named after Patroclus, a Greek war hero. While most heroes were only interested in honor and fame, Patroclus was interested in protecting his comrades and city above everything else. Thats most likely why they chose his name for the character.
They keep changing his name so much!! In the Zwei vs Patroclus video, it was CLUS. now it's KLOS. It's driving me bonkers.
But, yeah, it does fit his character, it's just one of those stupid lines. Kinda like Astaroth's "Did you just do something?" line.

They keep changing his name so much!! In the Zwei vs Patroclus video, it was CLUS. now it's KLOS. It's driving me bonkers.
But, yeah, it does fit his character, it's just one of those stupid lines. Kinda like Astaroth's "Did you just do something?" line.
ACTUALLY, they are finally going with Proctoclus! lol

Live streams

4 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Soul Cal Saturday!!! Get in here!!!
2 Viewers
Acehan_
Acehan_
🔴 Does your soul still burn? 🔴
2 Viewers
gigi93000