Astaroth Anti...

Helpless against Talim?

I went against a quite exceptional talim player today, and realized how helpless astaroth is against Talim.
Or at least against players that are able to actually use Talim skillfully. Any of you had incounters with a nightmare-ish and horrifying talim players? XD And if so I'd like to hear how you were able to overcome that talim, if you have that is. LOL!

Helpless against Talim?

She's more of a pest than anything, but I don't have much trouble against Talim players, and I've played a few pretty good ones. If ur spacing game is good, she's easy to keep on the outside.

Helpless against Talim?

I'd say space back, use Bullrush, 22_88B 28B+G, 44B, probably your best answers.

If you learn to time Bullrush effectively, she loses a lot of her options. It beats a lot of her wind sault tricks. The trick is to learn when to hold it, and when to use it to rush; it's spacing practice mostly.

Helpless against Talim?

You're helpless against a little girl? Have you no shame, Astaroth?

Helpless against Talim?

I never seemed to have problems with Talim online. The only characters I have problems with while using Astaroth online are Mitsurugi, Amy, Algol and Siegfried.

Helpless against Talim?

i agree with amy ... i have a lot of problems against her ... could be that my character knowledge on her isnt enough ... but that damn mid autoGI gives me trouble...

Helpless against Talim?

If there were more people playing Talim, I wouldn't have much trouble because I'd get to learn how to deal with her. I can still kinda get it, but my lack of practice against her is still prevalent. His A throw gets slightly better to use due to her frequent jumping around. I even managed to get the Titan Bomb against her once when I anticipated a jump move.

Helpless against Talim?

Online all you have to do a few attacks against Talim. 66k, 66[k], a+b, 1a, 1[a]a, 1[a]b and 22b seem to work the best along with throws.

Helpless against Talim?

Fumed.......I maybe have played you before. I don't really recall it but ah well..

Nonetheless the main strategy against Wind transition-aholics (like me ^^) is either BB or backstep. As most of my moves dont have the range and/or BB destroys almost all my moves. And Talim has zero range. The only thing you need to watch out for is AS(Wind Sault) A+B. This is that rotating somersault that has deceptive range and knocks you down. This is unsafe however so you can punish this with your bullrush.

The main reason I lose to Astaroth is that I am being spaced and being punished. You can't play your Astaroth aggresivly cause Talim WILL beat mashers/spammers. If you keep your head cool and know how to block the strings I am sure everything will go better.

Also don't get up to quickly, Talims oki game isn't quite good and you can almost nullify every mix-up by just rolling.

Helpless against Talim?

I have trouble against skilled Nightmare players. Once they start to chain combos together, I can't recover. Is Astaroth's range game really better?

Helpless against Talim?

The Talim moderator Eclair has a bro who uses Astroth and beats him more often than not. The Funny thing is Eclairs a better player than his bro but his bro just knows his Talim inside out. This thread reminded me of that its actually quiet funny think of this Ecair>endnow>Eclairs bro>Eclair :D. Endnow>Runis btw

Raping Kilik

lol of course it is, ur crazy.

jk but doing this move to a noob or anyone stupid enough to do that move is jst plain rewarding.
To be honest, i dont like the Astaroth V. Kilik matchup, i always use my Sig. Seems like Kilik has better things going for him at far range than Asty.

hey what about taki's cartwheel kick roll thing..... every time i push her out of range, she get up right back next to me.... what should i do?

Back