Astaroth Offical General Discussion

The tiny bit of damage from 22B IMO isn't worth giving up the pressure advantage from 11BK. I will say that 11BK can be inconsistent on smaller characters and at certain angles in stun combos like CH 6B 22[K]. You kind of get used to seeing it, but if it seems iffy I 22B.

1]B] is solid. Like has been said, tracks well and + on block. I would also get used to mixing up with iWS]B] once you have them conditioned. 44K is another good oki mixup too, + on block and hits grounded.

Remember that 44]B] can be cancelled into all normal and command grab. Useful once you start the mind games.

Gonna re-recommend 6A+B too. Reach isn't great, but it's a pretty good tracking mid for those up close situations. Gives good pushback on hit and block, and CH gives you a mini stun. LH after a ringout gives you double over stun for 70s damage.

What are you guys using for CH 6K combo? I've been using 44K, 2B. About the best guaranteed damage I've found and if they don't techeaved me in decent range for a fairly low risk FC2A_44B attempt.

Last edited:
What are you guys using for CH 6K combo? I've been using 44K, 2B. About the best guaranteed damage I've found and if they don't techeaved me in decent range for a fairly low risk FC2A_44B attempt.

I should be maxing my damage, but I'm using the old CH 6K, 44B combo. It never whiffs and sets you up for a mid-range FC 2A or FC3K if they try to press buttons or step.

Have you guys toyed with 66A+B? When I first saw it, I thought it was a really silly move, but it actually has ridiculous range! Go to training and test the max distance of it. I love catching people off guard with it.

Been playing with both of those actually. Been trying to use slight charge 44B, just enough to get he flames out, but I think it's techable that way. Trying to bait so I can full charge it occasionally. Straight 44B is just a few points damage less than the combo I posted above, and probably more consistent.

66A+B is one I throw out at range occasionally, but no real strat with it yet. It does get a full wall splat though so trying to find some more uses for it other than randomly tossing it out. Pretty sure it's + on block too.

Anyone use A+B? GB, hits grounded, tracks very slightly. I don't know if there's ever a reason to use over 4{B]. I only use after GI occasionally for Re-GI happy opponents.

Playing around with some reset grab stuff. Close 3B, 4AA, grab/CE works really well if they hold G. Can do the same off of SC 214A+G, 22B, B+K, 4AA.

Also high wall splat, BB, BB leaves them recovering standing backturned for a 50/50 grab/crouch grab backthrow mixup (or CE). Can occasionally get wonky off of some angles but will still leave you with a front/side throw mixup.

Anyone use A+B? GB, hits grounded, tracks very slightly. I don't know if there's ever a reason to use over 4{B]. I only use after GI occasionally for Re-GI happy opponents.

A+B LH vs. GI/RE is pretty tasty. I believe the best followup is 22_88B for about half a health bar. Big commitment though due to the slow-ass startup and bad tracking, so it's only good on a solid read.

66A+B I've been experimenting with using occasionally if they've been conditioned to expect other moves at range, and if their back is to the wall/ledge, It's pretty so-so, but when it works it works.

Meanwhile, 2_8 A+B just feels so much worse in this game. Reduced range, and many characters can backstep and punish a whiff if read correctly. Ugh... hurts my soul.

Yeah I used to rinse 2_8A+B a lot. Kept accidentally doing A+B for the first few days.

Still confuse 4_6A.

66A+B is good. It's safe, but not plus on block. I usually use it after a 22B, or something else that would knock back on hit because people think they can step it and it has so much range you can get back in and keep them in place. It's also really good against the wall. You get a free PT if it wall splats for max damage, or if you'd rather have wall positioning you can do the B6B combo.

Still confuse 4_6A.
FML why did they change this after 5 games? Also, wtf is up with 4AB not even being NCC? Like, why even bother?

It's also really good against the wall. You get a free PT if it wall splats for max damage, or if you'd rather have wall positioning you can do the B6B combo.
Go check the combo thread. I significantly optimized our wall combos grinding out some lab stuff tonight. PT isn't close to optimal - you can have better damage and keep wall positioning.

66A+B, W!, 4KA, W!, BB6, 22K, 2B+K~A+G_4A+G = 125 dmg

Is the 4KA consistent for a re-wall splat? I stopped using it because if the angle wasn't right it would just miss the wall.

Is the 4KA consistent for a re-wall splat? I stopped using it because if the angle wasn't right it would just miss the wall.
It works from perpendicular (90 degrees to the wall) and when the wall is closer to your left side. When the wall is closer to your right, keep using B6B for the re-splat instead. The BB6, 88K, 2B+K~A+G ender will still work after B6B, and from that angle doing BB6, 2A+G also gives the guaranteed crouching back throw.

Shoutouts to BrahmaDDT for joining my room last night and grinding out quite a few matches with me and my really good Siegfried friend.

A note for everyone here to remember: Change up which combo you perform after a CH 6K depending on your positioning.

Opponent's back is near ring edge - CH 6K, 2B+K A+G
Your back is near ring edge - CH 6K, 2B+K 4A+G
Middle of the ring - CH 6K, 44K, 2B (or any similarly damaging variant)

Those are escapable by teching back, aren't they?
Doesn't look like it. Just tested on Sophie, and this is actually a tech trap mid ring.

CH 6K, 2B+K~A+G catches back, right, forward, and left Ukemi.

However, just holding G they can stand up and block it. So, it traps all tech directions, but is beaten by straight up guarding.

Edit:
Off of CH 6K, best damage I'm getting is -

CH 6K, 44K, WS B

Does anyone know something more optimal? 44K catches all Ukemi directions and gets them grounded, so it's airtight.

Last edited:
Shoutouts to BrahmaDDT for joining my room last night and grinding out quite a few matches with me and my really good Siegfried friend.

A note for everyone here to remember: Change up which combo you perform after a CH 6K depending on your positioning.

Opponent's back is near ring edge - CH 6K, 2B+K A+G
Your back is near ring edge - CH 6K, 2B+K 4A+G
Middle of the ring - CH 6K, 44K, 2B (or any similarly damaging variant)

Fun games, made me realize how bad I am at new throw breaks. Also you had really good use of armor throws/RE to absorb long windup attacks.

Is there a point to the armored crouch throws? Since most lows end in crouch and lows break armor, are we usually just going for the basic armor throw?

Is there a point to the armored crouch throws? Since most lows end in crouch and lows break armor, are we usually just going for the basic armor throw?
Just for people who have the reaction to duck it but not to do a low I suppose.

Back