Astaroth Videos Thread

I am a total scrub with Astaroth, but I have a couple of games to share - advice is welcome as I really need to step up my game with the big man. Don't expect me to be playing well in the videos, lol.

I see you try to 28B+G after a JF 63214B+G a couple of time ! Is that really possible ? Character dependant ?

I've done it in training mode vs NM, lol.
It does less damage than 22B, I did it because that was the combo in SCIV and I suck, lol.

I see you try to 28B+G after a JF 63214B+G a couple of time ! Is that really possible ? Character dependant ?
It is. The timing is a lot different compared to SCIV. You can buff out 28B+G early after Astaroth launches said opponent into the air. You're only getting about 64DMG (without clean hit). It's better to just stick to 22_88B/BE

You have to input the 8B+G right about the time they are leaving Asta's hand. I also use that due to habit but I guess I'll have to start training myself to go 22B to get that extra damage and space.

I am a total scrub with Astaroth, but I have a couple of games to share - advice is welcome as I really need to step up my game with the big man. Don't expect me to be playing well in the videos, lol.

It's hard to really tell you that you did anything wrong because what you were doing was working against that NM. Guess he just needs some defense tips XD.

One thing I noticed is that you use 1K alot. This is kind of a meh low and shouldn't be hitting as often as it did in these matches. Like in SCIV, it is an ok RO option if you don't think the opponent will react on time.

After command B throw, there is almost no reason to use anything else to end it other than 66B when you are mid stage. The patch made it so that 66B clean hits more often, so that's even more potential damage. The strongest combo you can get mid stage from Command B throws is 22B BE 66K BE 2A.

i'm starting to think 22B~BE 66K~BE 2A is not worth it at all. it costs 1 full meter and only adds 23 damge, 23 is ok and all but when you think that you could use it on 66K super armour for 117 or turning 22B from 55 to 120 it seems like a waste of meter.

obviously if it's going to kill somone that might otherwise live then it's it's worth it.

i'm starting to think 22B~BE 66K~BE 2A is not worth it at all. it costs 1 full meter and only adds 23 damge, 23 is ok and all but when you think that you could use it on 66K super armour for 117 or turning 22B from 55 to 120 it seems like a waste of meter.

obviously if it's going to kill somone that might otherwise live then it's it's worth it.
I'll only use it for
1. the kill
2. ring position (but only if I feel it is really worth it)

In general I agree. Meter is pretty fun to have with Asta. (especially now with the CE buff)

I always thought I hated Astaroth, but I gave him some time and I have a lot of fun throwing people around.
Still not very good with him though.
Still something fun to try from time to time.

Talk about your slippery floors.
It would have been cool if they had programmed for falling out of the ring by landing on your back with your center of gravity off the ledge.

Back