CES SCVI Thread

B+G not being a throw anymore is a weird ass change.
What's even stranger to me is the fact B+G is now the dedicated RE command AND A+K is apparently still gone. Or maybe that's the dedicated BE command.

Regardless, those are a lot of potential commands they're removing. I get wanting to simplify things, but I think this might end up more confusing when people are trying to learn the game.

With Soul Charge being a strong get off me tool (makes sense how the timer stops so that cant be abused) is it possible to maybe GI the SC pushback when activated? Forcing to have to do it when they can't GI it, like as alternative combo ender or oki when they OTG.

Last edited:
That's such a weird change for throws, why not just make A+K Reverse Edge? I'm guessing it's for casuals/newbies to remember ringout throws but then if Mitsu's A throw is 6A for ringout I would've thought the escape would 4A to escape, corresponding to the direction you're getting RO'd in.

Wonder if SC activation frames are really fast as in i10 or quicker and importantly if the activation frame is universal across all.

If it's i10 for example you could use it in the same way as a punish to get it safely activated and act as a option to pseudo punish for some characters on a move that would otherwise have to be respected.

So another question if you can (I appreciate that it may be not very possible with the time that you have)

Test the speed of Rugi and Soph's SC for a rough estimate of a impact frame for both.

Also Test the speed of their CEs

Don't think I can get used to this throw system. Not sure why they would go with that direction.
I believe you'll get used to it if this is how it ends up in SC6 - just think all you have to master is spamming the crap outta A when blocking so your finger should always be on it and you (hopefully hold) which direction for 4 and 6 accordingly.

I agree regardless gonna take some getting used to.

I believe you'll get used to it if this is how it ends up in SC6 - just think all you have to master is spamming the crap outta A when blocking so your finger should always be on it and you (hopefully hold) which direction for 4 and 6 accordingly.

I agree regardless gonna take some getting used to.
Yeah I guess that's true.

6A+G and 4A+G? We Virtua Fighter now?

This could also explain Mitsu's three throws?

Also, it isn't really clear. Can you or can't you guard soon after backstepping or sidestepping?

Locking A+B+K as the button that can trigger all the new SC6 mechanics would make sense for new comers (RE, SC, CE) with the 4 / 5 / 6 directional commands to easily differentiate between. If I were a betting man that was my first guess.

Secondly, by removing B+G as a grab (which is a big change) and replacing it with a specific SC6 mechanic, what will this mean for B+G in the future SC7+ series ? I can't picture RE staying past SC6, unlike the soul charge mechanic and the super-move mechanic.

I honestly don't like the concept of mashing 2 commands to break a grab (A plus a direction) rather than either solely A or B. Secondly, command grabs may have compromised inputs

Yes I recognize command grabs are almost always better than the default grabs, however things like 236A+G or 46A+G will always override 6A+G for instance... but what if you really wanted your 6A+G for postional/ringout potential???. Having muddled inputs is not a fun gameplay experience for novice and veteran alike (one of the reasons I didn't like 3G as a repel is that it was too close to crouching).

---
Lastly, in regards to default binding, it is much easier to introduce a default shoulder bind to A+K than to fundamentally change B+G's function. I welcome change if there is a purpose, but in this current (I recognize not final) version of the game it does not appear to be a step in the right direction.

Damn, Soul Casual up in here
probably can GI/RE in between if they don't change it. Honestly, if it's anything like SC2, better prepare for damn near everything being safe on block.

Also, main question: Can you buffer 8WR moves without doing a sidestep first?

probably can GI/RE in between if they don't change it. Honestly, if it's anything like SC2, better prepare for damn near everything being safe on block.

Also, main question: Can you buffer 8WR moves without doing a sidestep first?
I was looking forward to stabbing everything though :(

Back