Combo & Tech Trap Discussion Thread.

LOL. Yeah, looking back at the captions, I missed the 4KK. If in doubt just watch the vid and ignore the captions. I did all of that in one sitting so by the end of it I was seeing iagA W! and 4KK all over the place. LOL. I just thought it would be nice to have the combos in one place, so that I don't forget anything, and so that people learning iagA have some idea of what to do after it makes the opponent wall splat.

You're also right about the 2[K] at the end. The reason I like 2A+B is because having soul charge near the wall can be very intimidating. For example, after soul charge, 3B iagA is likely to rewall splat them if they twitch, and of course you can also just used the standard soul charge mind games, 3 NSS A+B GS KK for instance if they try and mash their way out of the 3 guard break. Still, if they liked to stand up then 2[K] is awesome too.

Just a quick list on who you can't NSS A+B, 66B Tech Trap:

Algol
Amy
Cassandra
Ivy
Kilik
Raphael
Seong Mina
Sophitia
Starkiller
Taki
Tira
Xiang Hua
Yoda - I don't know why I even bother listing this guy. lol.
Yun Seong

Special Cases:
Talim - Must be fast or she can tech away.
Zasalamel - Must be fast, and even when you manage to get him, it'll only be ground hit.

Note: To escape, tech left.

Well, then again... there's THAT. :D

PS. LG, great vid there. Now, I just need to find out if turbo is banned in EVO and SuperCon...

Just a quick list on who you can't NSS A+B, 66B Tech Trap:

Algol
Amy
Cassandra
Ivy
Kilik
Raphael
Seong Mina
Sophitia
Starkiller
Taki
Tira
Xiang Hua
Yoda - I don't know why I even bother listing this guy. lol.
Yun Seong

Special Cases:
Talim - Must be fast or she can tech away.
Zasalamel - Must be fast, and even when you manage to get him, it'll only be ground hit.

Note: To escape, tech left.

Well, then again... there's THAT. :D

PS. LG, great vid there. Now, I just need to find out if turbo is banned in EVO and SuperCon...

thanks for the list, wow that kinda sucks, does GSB after NSS A+B works for them?

I think the alternatives to using 66B to tech catch were GS B and/or B+K > NSS A+B (lol). When all else fails you still have the combo into 2A+B.

EDIT: 33B also catches but you have to delay it and the timing varies depending on which way they tech so it's not as reliable.

Some (i hope) new stuff:

-4A+B (far hit but not tip) > 3B is combo
-4A+B (far hit but not tip) > 33B (tech trap all but right and hit ground too)

-CH GS A > 4KK > delayed 33B (tech trap all but right and hit ground too)
44B is usable if they stay OTG (they cant stand in reaction to block it)

-B+G {W!} > 2[K] is guaranted OTG and hit them standing if they press G

-FC B+G {W!} > BT A+B > BT 2K (manliest combo ever)

Nice finds Greven :)

I looked into some of the stuff you mentioned and for 4A+B these options also work.

4A+B (far hit but not tip) > 1A
4A+B (far hit but not tip) > GS KK (I'm not sure if this can be teched out of, only looked at it for a few minutes)
4A+B (any range) > 3A+B (can be teched out of)

I think 4A+B > 11B should also combo since it is long range and faster than 3A+B but I was having trouble buffering in the movement on my stick so someone else might want to try that.

For the CH GS A > 4KK > delayed 33B, I think that if you get a sidehit you don't need to delay the 33B in order for it to tech trap. Also I'm having trouble getting the 44BB to land, either I don't buffer it fast enough and the cpu blocks it, or the first hit lands but the second hit whiffs.

The B+G {W!} > 2[K] combo is nice until they figure out not to stand up after wall hits. Then I think its best to stick with the 2A+B ender.

Props for finding another manly Nightmare combo :)

Some (i hope) new stuff:

-4A+B (far hit but not tip) > 3B is combo
-4A+B (far hit but not tip) > 33B (tech trap all but right and hit ground too)

-CH GS A > 4KK > delayed 33B (tech trap all but right and hit ground too)
44B is usable if they stay OTG (they cant stand in reaction to block it)

-B+G {W!} > 2[K] is guaranted OTG and hit them standing if they press G

-FC B+G {W!} > BT A+B > BT 2K (manliest combo ever)

44B stuff after CH GS A 4KK.... doesn't work unless there's wall/ring helping you out

-LAU

Ah, I was wondering about that.

I'm a little curious though, what do you guys do after a CH 6K when you're not near enough to an edge or wall for 236 KK to connect?

Ah, I was wondering about that.

I'm a little curious though, what do you guys do after a CH 6K when you're not near enough to an edge or wall for 236 KK to connect?

33B... but it's tricky... it's range dependent... 6K CH on point blank range pretty much guarantees it.. but at tip range you're pretty much going to fail all the time

this was one of those things Tiamat pointed out from 1.02 -> 1.03

the 6K on block push back seems better (further) .. but at the same time on CH it's worse (the situation above)

-LAU

Yes, I've noticed that at tip range you usually don't get anything. When that happens I usually just dash into 1[A] or something like that, because even though you can't get anything guaranteed it still feels like you've got a lot of frames.

Back