Combo & Tech Trap Discussion Thread.

Is CH GS A > 4KK (w) > 44B a combo on everyone? When I think about it that's probably the most common starter I land into the iWR B, but the stun scales the rest of the combo pretty hard. I think you have a good point though, I should do some experiments. other one I do is CH 11K > iWR B but I'm sure 44B would be guarnateed there...will look at this stuff again. maybe can do a CH WR B combo to GS KK far wallsplat into 44B? hmm

btw I meant damage is only good from NSS [a] and 1A6 BECAUSE you can combo to 44B and not suffer big damage scaling, just to be clear

edit: more talking to myself
CH GS A > 4KK (w) > 44B is inconsistent, even on sieg unless perfectly aligned it will whiff. I'll keep my iWR B staple
CH 11K > 44BB is consistent on siegfried but not amy unless perfectly aligned
FC B+G (w) > 4KK > 44BB is consistent on sieg. fairly consistent on amy surprisingly

Tiamat, mmmm..... On paper, 44BB(ground hit) has faster speed than iWS(Stand hit) on Wall Splat situation, but 44BB is not reliable. Therefore, on a real battle, we should use both of them depends on specific situation. In this interactive wall splat situation, there is no a single move always works. Use both! Or even use all other moves to fit and hit.

I know you knew these stuff below. Just analysis.
W!->44B-> has around 5 to 10 damage more than W!->iWS->. And it has a big damage NSS[A] tech-trap. Remember: it is faster than iWS on Wall splat situation.

W!->iWS has a GSKK, better damage combo follow-ups, which you can do 25 extra damage + a wall splat. If it is not aligned in 90 degree to the wall, the GSKK probably will give you an extra wall-splat combo. iWS also gives you more variety to do a full tech-trap, iagA combo and 2A+B CF setup. Also, the iagA->4KK follow-up can push damage to be around 100 which is just slight more than GSKK follow-ups. Unfortunately, it is hard to be performed.

These two moves should be used by the demand on different speed and situation, so they are no too much conflict. At last, I agree that iWS is a good move. 44B is the same.

Did everyone forget that W! > iWS > NSS A+B combo has no guaranteed follow-up if the opponent DO NOT PRESS G and step/roll/move. The animation was kinda glitchy if i remember right.

Against which character? I hope it is not.
I think that W!->iWS->NSSA+B->GSKK is work on front hit for all character. It doesn't work on side or back hit on some specific characters. Isn't it?

Just tested on cassy and its still glitchy. After the NSS A+B launch, they can tech in the air and that makes it impossible to GS KK them into the wall again.

I remember you mentioning that before but I never found what you were talking about. NSS A+B launch is only air controllable if you use more than one in the same combo from all testing I've done.

Silent: yeah I think they are both good. I will use iWR B in situations where 44BB is too likely to miss but take 44BB if i can get it.

Tested on training mode cassy 1p and recorded NM 2p. Stage: the cage.
Combo is: 1A6, GS KK, W!, iWS, NSS A+B

Plz tell me i am not crazy oO

I'll check it out and get back to you soon, thanks for giving specific example

edit: tried it and I see what you are talking about. I'm still having a hard time getting away from the GS KK but I did it a few times. how odd

CH GS A > 4KK > iWR B > NSS A+B > GS KK seems stable still though, I can't get the glitchy air control to happen. try that one out for me if you would

ok I'm doing a lot of wallcombo tests and I made an update to my guide for wallcombos, it's also in the first post of this topic. I'll be adding more stuff to it though

taking CH 11K (w) > 3A2A6 GS KK (w) > 2A+B out of the SWB's post because thats not a combo, unless someone finds a way

EDIT: figured something out, I think this is what is going on with the NSS A+B aircontrol Greven

there seems to be a hidden rule built in that makes NSS A+B aircontrollable in combos but ONLY if GS KK was used beforehand in the same combo

examples where NSS A+B is not aircontrollable (notice no GS KK involved):
CH GS A > 4KK > iWR B > NSS A+B
CH 11K (w) > iWR B > NSS A+B

examples where NSS A+B is aircontrollable (notice GS KK before the NSS A+B at some point in these combos):
1A6 GS KK (w) iWR B > NSS A+B
NSS K (w) > GS KK (w) > (optional 4KK w) > iWR B > NSS A+B (as a side note, this is very awkward anyway)
CH WR B > NSS A+B > GS KK (w) > 4KK (w) > iWR B > NSS A+B (aircontrollable, and yes i know this only works if they are holding G)

I did some testing for how consistent it is to land 44BB in a wallcombo on Siegfried and Amy, to give a rough idea of how reliable it is to work.

Tested in Egyptian cage with opponent perpendicular to wall

CH GS A > 4KK (w) > 44B 4/10 (Amy) 7/10 (Sieg)

CH 11K > 44BB 6/10(Amy) 8/10 (Sieg)

FC B+G (w) > 4KK > 44BB 9/10 (Amy) 10/10 (Sieg)

CH 66K6 (w) > GS [B ] > NSS b:A (w) > 44BB 2/10 (Amy) 6/10 (Sieg) *I saw this working before and decided to test it anyways*

I found a new combo during this too. 66B+K (w) > 4KK > 2A+B/2[K] for wall trap. I might use this since sometimes the WR B will randomly miss.

1 > NSS ibA is a combo at long and mid range
6A is i16

best combo i got on wall
bA6 > GS A > 44K {W!} > iws > NSS A+B > GS KK {}> 44B
with possible tech traps

Not trying to double post, but I thought this probably goes here, just so that people looking for combos will actually find it... in retrospect, putting it with the general video discussion thread may not have been the best idea.

iagA wall combos:

Can anyone pinpoint the timing for NSS A, b:A as a combo? In a vid or something perhaps?
For some reason, I can't do it consistently ><

I get it maybe once every 10 tries - which sucks when it's such a good tech trap on wake after a W!

Sieg's 3 / 3B is too good as a guess against NM!
(Any catch-all options after Sieg's WS as well?)

miaoux:

it's not about timing as much... if you're close range.. it's simply impossible... the farther out you are the easier it is to connect....

if you hit NSS [A] at far range and the opponent's back is against ring/wall... this makes NSS b:A extremely easy to connect

-LAU

what lau said

also, if sieg 3B is giving you problems start doing bA6 after blocking it. otherwise, sidestep more and hit him hard when he misses

Cool, thanks for the 3 tip. ws leaves him a lot closer than 3 however - bA6 doesn't seem to fix that particular problem.

after WS you can do bA also but its harder and he can beat you with his SCH B move. you could try A+B or sidestep after blocking WS B as well. otherwise just be patient and block. try to keep matchup questions in the matchup thread though

It depends on how confident you are of your execution. If you just need to finish your opponent off, then iagA W! 4KK 4KK 2A+B gives you 87 damage and soul charge is probably best because you can literally mash this combo out without any real timing. You can basically mash 4KK for the first bit then mash 4KK for the second bit and then mash 2A+B and still get it to hit. I also found it to be the most reliable combo when facing the wall.

On the other hand, if you're confident of your execution and want something that offers the potential for more damage then use iagA W! iWS NSS A+B GS KK 2[K]. This does more damage than the combo I listed earlier and it is very difficult to avoid the 2[K], especially if you haven't seen it before. You can then usually get the 2A+B at the end for soul charge and the associated wakes.

You could also try for the huge tech trap involving iagA W! 4KK 44B NSS A NSS b:A 2A+B_44B but it is less consistent than the tech trap given above. If you're even a little bit slow with the first 44B or if the angle with the wall is a little bit off it can miss and then you're in trouble.
Schneider-X: Let me just add that in the above post, I am assuming that you're pretty much facing the wall. If you are at a fairly large angle with the wall then the second 4KK will not always wall splat. In that case do 4KK A_B+G or 4KK 3B 1A instead. If you're actually side on with the wall then the first 4KK won't wall splat so most of the combos in the vid won't land. In that case 33B6 BT B+K is probably your best bet.

Heh, looking at the length of my post, I really am longwinded.

Thanks for your input LGInfinite, I wanted to know what you thought after making an extensive iagA combo vid like that heh :)

I believe for the iagA W! 4KK 4KK combo, you can use 2[K] instead of 2A+B and its unrollable, if it works just like after a FC B+G w! 4KK 4KK 2[K]. Then that's also another reliable option imo.

For the iagA W! iWS NSS A+B GS KK 2[K] did you forget to the 4KK before the iWR ?

Back