Combo & Tech Trap Discussion Thread.

well nothing wrong with that, worst that happens is someone tells you something like I just did. no one gonna make fun of you in NM forum unless you act like an idiot.

post Wall mixup:

{W!}, 4KK, 3B
-GS KK, 2A+B (is guaranteed and tech trap, it means that if they tech GS KK, 2A+B will be a new combo and wont be suffering dmg reduce: 50+ dmg and NTC wakeup)
-4A+B (if they choose not to tech after 3B, they wont be able to roll OTG or stand and step, their worst choice being to stand and eat 66 dmg from the unblockable)

its a basic tech trap/anti-tech trap mixup but with higher dmg

I think 1A delay has higher difficulty but higher reward at the same time because if they do tech they get splatted for 44BB afterwards.

Looking at it today, it seems even if they don't tech the 2A+B can be blocked sometimes but is still pretty consistent. We can also use 2[K] for unscaled damage instead of 2A+B. There's a problem with this combo if there is already a GS KK in the combo before the 3B, the GS KK will be a low wall splat and 2A+B won't be guaranteed. Guess we can do 1[A] or 2B+K instead if that happens.

I'll probably adopt this for my wall combos since I mainly play online now. Thanks for bringing this to light Greven.

Edit: From one of the videos from Furzy, Keev did FC B+G, 3B. Dunno if that's a combo or not if they tech.

List of all tech traps i know: (a list that is in one post, not 50 :P)

1. 3B, 1[A] (Hold slightly)
2. 33B, 66B,
3. FC A+G, 33B
4. 33B, NSS A+B
5. NSS A+B, 66B
6. 22_88A B, 3B
7. GS A, 4KK, 33B
8. 44B , A
9. 2[K], 3[K]
10. 66A, 66B
11. 66A, 4B
12. 33B6, BT A+B
13. bA6, GS A+B
14. 44B, GS KK
15. 3B, 44BB
16. 33B, 44BB

The rest are the tech traps that i discovered in training one day, if they have not been discovered yet (which is highly unlikely) here you go:

1. 11K, 33B
2. 3B, 33B
3. 33B6, FC 3B
4. 44B, WR B
5. 44B, WR K
6. 3B (6 Cancel (step cancel basically)) 3B (Also works perfectly against a wall if they have never heard of right or left ukemi lol)
7. 4A, 66B+K
8. 3B, FC 3B
9. 3B, 66B
10. 33B, 3A+B
11. 2[K], 66B

Some of them obviously require a slight delay, but yes if none of those are discovered, and some of them are implemented in your style, all the better!

P.S. basically all tech traps have different variation's as well, just improvise.

1a a good for side tech-ers ?
abusable ?

example FC A+G > 33B is right tech-able .

shall they tech to the right , we can use 1a ?
or what might be a solution to catch this right tech-ing nub ? ;D

from FC A+G if you do 1A they will be able to side tech and still have time to block. you can force a block of 1[A] though...unless it's Ivy and a few others (in ivy's case even if she side techs she is out of 1A range)

from FC A+G if you do 1A they will be able to side tech and still have time to block. you can force a block of 1[A] though...unless it's Ivy and a few others (in ivy's case even if she side techs she is out of 1A range)

Is 33B the best move after FC A+G?

usually I do 33B but if that is getting blocked or teched I'll use 11B or 1[A]. Otherwise I'll just bum rush them (with regular run usually, I'm not fond of GS)

Keep in mind that 33B after FC A+G can be escaped with right tech and blocked if you don't tech.

When that happens apply other stuff like 3A+B, GS mixup or 1[A] pressure

good mixup for FC A+G grab is

run up to the opponent and GRAB .
i've seen 44BB_44B in some cases
GS > FC > WR AA_AA6
run > 66b if in range for SG damage ( considering that your opponent is under pressure and does not step )
66A for steppers
run > iaGa in range for steppers .

not the best mixups , but i love the run > grab one .

HERE'S MY LITTLE SECRET :
i've been keeping this one for a white
FC A+G near wall > GS KK if opponent does not tech
free wall combo .

good mixup for FC A+G grab is

run up to the opponent and GRAB .
i've seen 44BB_44B in some cases
GS > FC > WR AA_AA6
run > 66b if in range for SG damage ( considering that your opponent is under pressure and does not step )
66A for steppers
run > iaGa in range for steppers

not the best mixups , but i love the run > grab one .

HERE'S MY LITTLE SECRET :
i've been keeping this one for a white
FC A+G near wall > GS KK if opponent does not tech
free wall combo .

66B is rather weak for SG damage, 66B+K or 66A+B are much better.
I do not think alot of those mixups actually work.
What schieder says is correct though i have seen keev just run up to the opponent and mixup from there. FC A+G near to wall, 33B should be the best option if they stay down. Ground hit according to silentwall gives +4 when the opponent wakes up i.e. WR B and Grab mixup.

@ Greven- how did you do in Cannes? Any other NMs in cannes besides you and Keev?

In regards to damaging their soul guage. 1[A] GS B will work better since both 1[A] and GS B have about the same soul gauge damage as 66B.

This way you get two hits to damage the soul gauge since the GS B can't be interrupted.

yeah I think LAU told me it does good SG damage in BD. on PS3 version though it does prettymuch nothing.

Some wall combos, i cant remember if it was known or not.
And i tried to record them with my webcam, dont mind the quality.

bA6, GS A, 66K6 {W!}, WS , NSS A+B, tech trap 66B, iaga {W!}, 4KK, 3B, tech trap GS KK {W!}, 2A+B
bA6, GS A, 66K6 {W!}, WS , NSS A+B, tech trap 66B, iaga {W!}, 4KK, 3B, anti-tech trap 4A+B

B+G {W!}, 66K6 {W!}, GS , NSS ibA
B+G {W!}, 66K6 {W!}, WS , NSS A+B, GS KK {W!}, 2A+B
B+G {W!}, 66K6 {W!}, GS A, a, NSS K, GS KK

Some wall combos, i cant remember if it was known or not.
And i tried to record them with my webcam, dont mind the quality.

bA6, GS A, 66K6 {W!}, WS , NSS A+B, tech trap 66B, iaga {W!}, 4KK, 3B, tech trap GS KK {W!}, 2A+B
bA6, GS A, 66K6 {W!}, WS , NSS A+B, tech trap 66B, iaga {W!}, 4KK, 3B, anti-tech trap 4A+B

B+G {W!}, 66K6 {W!}, GS , NSS ibA
B+G {W!}, 66K6 {W!}, WS , NSS A+B, GS KK {W!}, 2A+B
B+G {W!}, 66K6 {W!}, GS A, a, NSS K, GS KK

Ive known about the B+G wall combos for a while but the both timing and positioning are really strict and very prone to whiffing. Only at a certain range and angle are 66K going to hit and its a big risk. But the damage is so high so it might be worth the risk eh?

Ye i know its hard to setup and sometimes cant even work vs small chars.
But if u happen to play vs asta/NM/etc.. NM throws his opponent a bit to his right, so if u can confirm that you can go for a bigger combo.

Btw, u can even hit with 4KK post B+G throw, but it needs more accuracy.

Back