Dampierre Q&A / General Discussion

I'm pretty sure the improved GI properties refers to the glitch where his CE sometimes doesn't activate against opponents if it throws them off axis.

The only other thing that it could mean is that they improved the GI window. But I doubt that it's that since his GI window for it is already pretty amazing at 21 frames.

I think this patch helps Damp out a lot, I may have to start maining him since Namco hates everyone else I use. The backstep nerf is gonna create more combo opportunities. And if 66A can actually stuff step, it could be a whole new game for Damp.

*edit: now that I think about it though, the backstep nerf could be really bad for Damp. Thats how i set-up most of my combo damage.

66A was already decent at catching step, but I have had issues where it didn't so I welcome this buff.

I don't think the universal backstep nerf will be a big deal, if anything it will help Dampierre since Dampierre can have a hard time dealing with backstep due to his short range.

I'm pretty sure the improved GI properties refers to the glitch where his CE sometimes doesn't activate against opponents if it throws them off axis.

The only other thing that it could mean is that they improved the GI window. But I doubt that it's that since his GI window for it is already pretty amazing at 21 frames.

He sits in that state for a good half a second, and he's basically vulnerable in about half that time so I suspect they lengthened the window from 21 to 30 or something.

EDIT: Oh and the damage buff plus the Clean Hit property on his CE will make it really nasty. Easily pushing it above 100 damage now on clean hit.

I've been messing around in training mode since the patch is already out in Europe. I made the CPU dummy spam 33_66_99A to see how well it catches step and fortunately, I couldn't step it at all in either direction. It also deals with quick step as well which is nice. Admittedly, I rarely used the move in the previous version so I can't really say how much it has improved.

I kept doing his CE until I got a clean hit. The highest damage possible from his CE is 112 which is very impressive. It still doesn't work against projectiles and I can't really tell if the GI window has been increased or not. I'll wait for someone else to test that.

I'm getting the clean hit bonus a lot less now compared to before. Granted, I can confirm the damage is ridiculous when it does land clean hit.

So I just installed the patch. His 66A seems completely unsteppable now!

As for his CE, I haven't looked into the size of his GI window compared to before, but I can confirm the CE fail glitch is still in. Easiest way to test this is against Cervantes. Whenever Cervantes does kB and Dampierre CE's it, it throws him off axis and the CE fails. So unfortunately it's still there post patch.

I've made a quick video of it which I will tweet to Daishi.

I decided to play around with JG against Dampierre, just a few fun observations.

JG his B!E! Whilst it's relatively easy and flashy, because of the height he will reach, the last 2 kicks will either whiff or hit you anyway, they tend to whiff more however. Block the first hit, JG the rest...

You can JG the second and last hits of his 623B but it is hard and not really viable for hardcore play unless one loves to be the flash expert!! Stick recommended (but I was lucky with pad)

This might be a hitbox issue but when you evade the second hit of patroklos 6BBB string, if you input A+B, just as he does the last hit, you will either clash weapons with him (whilst he is BT'd), he gets hit, or he will only get stunned with your first A+B hit. I have a vid that demonstrates this I'll upload this evening after work.

I really like what was done with 66A; it helps a lot to have a decent mid with good tracking, even if it comes out slow. 66A isn't great, but it at least seems decent now. Addtionally, I found that 66A combos into 6B giving you 66A 6B 1B for roughly 58 dmg. However, even though 66A seems to catch all sidesteps, it still occasionally misses catching tech rolls.

21 GI frames in his CE? Are you sure it's not just the animation? I'm far from an expert on frames, but that GI window seems a bit more brief than a third of a second to me.

Also, 8B+K. I forgot this move existed and now can't remember anything about it. What's it for now?

I've been fooling around with Dampierre's CE some more, so far the max dmg I've done is 135 with clean hit, which is pretty impressive compared to how much it did before.

Unrelated to the CE but i think one of his top moves is 1A, impacts all vertical highs and mids and is great to use after a move that leaves you at a big disadvantage as an interupt. I use it all the time when i know i can aGI with it, follow it up with a 1B till they learn that they can tech it, then a 2K afterwards.

Another useful move i find is 22B's pushback on block, 22B on block followed by 11B is a great follow up if they try to attack after it.

his 44K BE is also worth using by itself whenever you get the opportunity, if your lucky enough to get 3rolls plus the jump on the 3rd it does crazy dmg. Ducks all highs and a lot of mids too.

Only thing i'd like to ask this discussion is anyone know what the use of his 6B BE is? it seems pretty useless due to the 20% chance of getting the instant UB after it so i never use it at all, seems like a waste.

Only thing i'd like to ask this discussion is anyone know what the use of his 6B BE is? it seems pretty useless due to the 20% chance of getting the instant UB after it so i never use it at all, seems like a waste.

I agree, I'm not fond of this at all, once in a while I like to try my luck and get the quick UB follow-up, it can be used as a tech trap, only if the opponent gets straight up and you have the mid-fast UB animation follow-up since it can be stepped easily, if you get the slower follow-up and the opponent can react fast, they can interupt with a quick move, or otherwise stay grounded and roll away.

AZ

his 44K BE is also worth using by itself whenever you get the opportunity, if your lucky enough to get 3rolls plus the jump on the 3rd it does crazy dmg. Ducks all highs and a lot of mids too.

You also get a free PB K if you end in PB behind your opponent, which is hit confirmable; the version of 44K BE that does two rolls and then the body slam ("Lord Dampierre") is hit confirmable for around 96 if everything connects properly, and around 108 with the PB K at the end.

It is pretty much useless, even if I'm right about it not being random at all; your opponent can air control 6B and on guard your opponent has enough time to just sidestep the unblockable.

I'm not 100% sure on this because I haven't done extensive testing on it, but just from attempting to use this move in general, as well as his regular B+K, I feel that 6B BE has a higher probability of the fastest version randomly coming out compared to B+K. So I use it based on that theory.

I'm not 100% sure on this because I haven't done extensive testing on it, but just from attempting to use this move in general, as well as his regular B+K, I feel that 6B BE has a higher probability of the fastest version randomly coming out compared to B+K. So I use it based on that theory.

Even if that were true, the 6B part of the move doesn't make it very useful since there's not much you can do from a sneeze bound other than 1B. If the sneeze was guarenteed after the 6B on guard, or at least didn't cost any gauge, this move would be a lot more useful.

I don't use that move to combo 6B into the sneeze, but rather have them block the 6B and get hit by the sneeze, which will then combo into B!E!.

Back