[Dec 3, 2011] North East Championships XII (Philadelphia, PA)

I would like to come to NEC, but like at Summer Jam, due to me having work on Sunday I will have to leave Saturday night at around 8:30 (bus leaves at 9pm).

Is there any way for the tournament to be done by 8? I wasn't too happy with how Summer Jam went down in terms of scheduling. Wasted a lot of time during the day with the team tournament when it would have been better to have done singles first. The whole singles tournament could have been done without having to leave the finals to the next day.

No, i
You're not going to be there, right? I officially proclaim myself the bestest Yoshi ever. Who want it?

No, I don't think I would be able to make it to NEC, as you know I'm struggling to go to DEV, but sure, unless Furzy goes or Kikaleek says the contrary, you can be the bes Yoshi at NEC

I'd like to second OOF's notion of "Fuck Team Tournaments". They are a waste of time and a scheduling nightmare.

Seriously, you could be running No-Pro's; SC1/2/3, Low Tier, or some other tournament format in place of Teams. Finish the main tournament first, THEN do the fun side tournaments.

-Idle

I would like to come to NEC, but like at Summer Jam, due to me having work on Sunday I will have to leave Saturday night at around 8:30 (bus leaves at 9pm).

Is there any way for the tournament to be done by 8? I wasn't too happy with how Summer Jam went down in terms of scheduling. Wasted a lot of time during the day with the team tournament when it would have been better to have done singles first. The whole singles tournament could have been done without having to leave the finals to the next day.

I got no problems with moving the team tournament or not having one, but why aren't you taking off from work or calling out sick? Who knows what is going to happen with the weather in December. If a hurricane can roll through, then it's not out of the question for mother nature to shit snow on us.

I guess I'll be able to come if you guys don't have another hurricane roll through.

Bring yo ass earlier next time. You were missed.

I also can't call the team tournament a waste of time when so many people want to participate in it and when people aren't really trying to play the older games anyway.

My only suggestion if things need to be changed is to only do singles on Saturday since by the time that tournament is over, people will either want to go out to eat or drink and not play in any other tournaments.

Malice, it's because I only swap shifts. I won't take work off or call in 'sick' because it's not worth it for me to lose a full days pay just to go to a tournament. I got a kid now, so I can't be reckless with money.

But you're being reckless in not giving yourself enough time to make it back home in time in case something happens.

Anyway, Jaxel is running the tournament, so that is the man to talk to.

I'm not the type to always worry about something happening. This hurricane was a one time incident. Out of the dozens of tournaments I've been to, this years Summer Jam was the only time I got delayed in coming home. This time if I see a severe storm forecast coming in the days leading up to the tournament, I just won't go.

i got big catering gigs on dec 1st, 9th and 10th...

i just may be able to make this. been a while since i've been to philly. guess i'll find out in a couple weeks if those days stay unbooked. :D

NEC is a TWO-DAY event. I will not rush to get everything done in ONE day for you.

I will be at NECXII but I'm almost 100% positive I won't actually be playing in the SC4 tournament. Just letting people know in advance just in case anyone has any interest in playing me (which I'm sure is no longer the case like it once was earlier in the games lifespan).

P.S. This is not an attention whore post just a heads up so I don't end up disappointing anyone there.

Stop being an attention whore and play in the tournament. You'll have fun. And I'm sure people will want to play you once you're here.

Back