DEVASTATION 2009 Results

What you mean no good players were there? Salmon, myself, Ryujin, Drdogg, etc were there. (Even though Drdogg was rusty as hell and was running the event the whole time, so of course he played like he did)

Vicious was just the better player that day. Almost like you are discrediting his win and the other players that were there.

That's because he is discrediting you. It's DINO, he's pretty much the canadian version of Sword Lord.

Yeah good stuff Vicious!! eeEEeehh

it was great seeing some Arizona players, Ryujin, Lobo, Drdogg, and then Mamba with the awesome hat

Plenty of chairs, space, no gamer funk, plenty of TVs sponsors and hype, I had some good games and it was fun to support the scene

the turnout was small for whatever reason, but it was great to travel again with cool people (though 5 in 1 car with 4 large dudes is always interesting for 6 hours ;P) thanks Tommy for setting up carpool, you're awesome,

...Motempest you're a great pillow

That's because he is discrediting you. It's DINO, he's pretty much the canadian version of Sword Lord.
Except that Dino is an extremely good player.

Vicious, let's just hope that a patch from Broken Destiny will revive your community as well as gaining more new faces. That's if the patch is ever gonna be released.

NEwayz congrats on your victory.

You say you are about competition... I offered you a challenge... Plain and Simple...

I did NOT disrespect the players @ Devastation (props to Vicious... Super cool guy by the way) or the event itself (which by the way was by far probably the best of the year in my mind overall) or you (ur cool in my book as well)... All I did was agree with an earlier statement (made by the King of Pop) which was "The comp @ TiT for SC was better"... Which I still believe to be true.

If you think by offering a challenge we are "on a high horse" then I think you, my friend, have a distorted view of what competition is.

If you wanna compete then let's COMPETE (and if you wanna just go ahead and admit the truth you can do that too ;-))... And in the end, regardless of who gets exposed we can still be friends <3

Now... all that being said... Do you wanna get exposed or not? :-)

- I.C.E.

You didn't finish top 5 and neither did I, so you're not issuing a challenge to me. Furthermore, I have no desire to play SC4 with the competitive scene as dead as it is, and my local scene consisting of 2-3 people. If you want to do a 5v5, you should talk to Vicious, Salmon and Mamba. I'll have the other 2-3 names for you tonight, but I'm thinking RyuJin might be in there as well. Although I doubt they'll agree since two of your top five play Hilde.

I may try to get back into competitive shape for EVO, but I won't decide that for another couple of weeks. After EVO there's nothing left for SC4, and I'll be putting the game away for good as I focus on fighters with more actively competitive scenes.

Except that Dino is an extremely good player.

Vicious, let's just hope that a patch from Broken Destiny will revive your community as well as gaining more new faces. That's if the patch is ever gonna be released.

NEwayz congrats on your victory.

thanks man, but i doubt there will be patch that's good enough to resurrect the SoCal community, i can only hope.

Dino: Believe what you want, there were good players at Devo, perhaps not the people that you think are good and i think are scrubs, besides i owe you a little pay back, i hope we play in tourney again, but don't knock a good player, besides come evo lets say you lose to a no name player, was it lucky or was he/she a good player? Personally i went to Devo w/ the same attitude if everyone went, that doesn't mean i couldn't have won, but i tell you what, it would've been a lot harder, that's for sure.

ICE: It sucks that I don't get enough practice like i use to but that doesn't mean i'll back down from any challenge. To be honest i don't know why i'm still playing this game that everyone still thinks if good/fun.

All i'm going to say in my defense is that i'm a veteran sc player but i know i'll get licked by any decent hilde player. anyone will and they know it. and anyone better will dominate EX: t.i.t 1st RTD and 2nd Cernian. RTD and Aris are probably the best SC players i've ever seen. And it goes to prove that if RTD can pick up hilde and win, well need i say more? and i know RTD was not doing so well in the beginning until he started picking up hilde. I'll bet that top placers will either be hilde or algol, personally i'm routing for RTD!

belial: god your comebacks and what you call shit talk is weak, i hope your game play's better fats.

You say you are about competition... I offered you a challenge... Plain and Simple...

I did NOT disrespect the players @ Devastation (props to Vicious... Super cool guy by the way) or the event itself (which by the way was by far probably the best of the year in my mind overall) or you (ur cool in my book as well)... All I did was agree with an earlier statement (made by the King of Pop) which was "The comp @ TiT for SC was better"... Which I still believe to be true.

If you think by offering a challenge we are "on a high horse" then I think you, my friend, have a distorted view of what competition is.

If you wanna compete then let's COMPETE (and if you wanna just go ahead and admit the truth you can do that too ;-))... And in the end, regardless of who gets exposed we can still be friends <3

Now... all that being said... Do you wanna get exposed or not? :-)

- I.C.E.

If better comp at TiT means two people cheesing everyone with Hilde, then more power to yall.
You didn't finish top 5 and neither did I, so you're not issuing a challenge to me. Furthermore, I have no desire to play SC4 with the competitive scene as dead as it is, and my local scene consisting of 2-3 people. If you want to do a 5v5, you should talk to Vicious, Salmon and Mamba. I'll have the other 2-3 names for you tonight, but I'm thinking RyuJin might be in there as well. Although I doubt they'll agree since two of your top five play Hilde.

4th - Beefy
5th- Ryujin

OMG YES. GOOD SHIT IS IN THIS THREAD! Man i LOVE rivalries.

Props to ViciousSuicide, your lizard man is sick and you play at an exceptional level - but as others in this thread have said. Based on what I saw, this tournament was easy and the real players already spent their juice at TiT.

To all of you that placed there: When someone asks you what major's you've place at - I wouldn't think Devestation 2009 would count.

wow so much hate.

look...we had sugar gliders. sugar-fucking-gliders. plus strippers...actually stripping...on poles...and not just wandering around being skanky. as if any other event this year will hold a candle to that.

lol at artilust and belial. i'd like to jump on the train fuck robbery line at evo as well. what say you, fellas? $20 sounds nice...that way i'll be able to afford to challenge someone worthy.

MORE HATE

EVOHYPEHYPEHYPE

OMG YES. GOOD SHIT IS IN THIS THREAD! Man i LOVE rivalries.

Props to ViciousSuicide, your lizard man is sick and you play at an exceptional level - but as others in this thread have said. Based on what I saw, this tournament was easy and the real players already spent their juice at TiT.

To all of you that placed there: When someone asks you what major's you've place at - I wouldn't think Devestation 2009 would count.

Calm down dude, I don't think anyone said it was a major, or unless I missed something.

The quality of the live feed and this tournament was amazing. I was pleasantly surprised.

I thought the djwheat commentator was really good despite not knowing a lot about the game. He made watching the matches more exciting.

Where did this tournament take place? For me, it seems to rival Evo in terms of quality and professionalism.

you're not issuing a challenge to me.
The original statement "The comp was better @ TiT" actually does have to do w/ both of us for a number of reasons... But since you "have no desire" to compete I wont belabor the point(s)... Nor issue a challenge to you (after you stated the above I thought about it) because you wouldn't take it... I personally thought it would be fun... I dunno... I'm all about the competition.....

Although I doubt they'll agree since two of your top five play Hilde.
I had a feeling someone might say something like this... But the truth of the matter is... The better players on that day won, period (At both events)... If you want to take out the character choice you can just look @ the body of work of the players in SC and it's still pretty clear cut... All that being said... what if we dropped the hilde players altogether?

I may try to get back into competitive shape for EVO, but I won't decide that for another couple of weeks.
I do hope so... Keep me posted on that... Either way I guess I'll see you in Tekken :-)

After EVO there's nothing left for SC4
Your opinion

and I'll be putting the game away for good
Your choice... an unfortunate one at that... But please note, as stated in this thread and many others... This choice is what really affects the above opinion... Not the other way around.

- I.C.E.

wow so much hate.

look...we had sugar gliders. sugar-fucking-gliders. plus strippers...actually stripping...on poles...and not just wandering around being skanky.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/4/9/handypocketcre128522739235312500.jpg

handy pocket creatures

got back monday. was sick and slept for 2 days. just woke up today finally, thursday. let's see what the fuck i missed.

Shout-the-fuck-Outs:

Lobo: fucking awesome time chillin with ya and doobs. seriously meant it, you make some bomb ass recommendations, for everything. cool ass homie, had a fuckin blast from start to finish. hopefully chill again. "bats - they're so good at what they do!!!" ahahahahahah!!!!!!

Emotious Prime: BOOOOOM!! congrats fats. can't think of more to say at the moment. was definately another good time. aight, evo prep time.

Socal crew: BOOOM BOOOOM. you guys gimme that warm fuzzy feelin inside. see you guys in casuals or tourneys (:

Devastation crew: thank you guys for setting up and running this tourny. venue was awesome. bathrooms were great. cheers till evo or dev 2010! thank you.

-----

allrighty. till evo then. see all you there, sober or not.

Win/lose, Devastation was loads of fun. Congrats to Vicious for his win and a round of applause to everyone who showed up. Thanks to Jedirobb, DrDogg and all the Devastation staff who held the event. I think I did pretty decent for my first major tourney and am looking forward to my next. Ggs to everyone I played and looking forward to the ones I didn't. I concur with the looking for cheap parking...$12 for parking is not cool :|

I hear ya Wid0wmaker, parking was ridiculous. all in all it was great. Vicious you deserve the win man, good Lizzy. RyuJinn I wash I could have spared you, that Kilik looked pretty sick. Jedirobb and DrDogg, you guys rock! I lost but it was to a hot chick so I'm good ^_^

Back