EVO2K12 Results & Shoutouts

So I need some recommendations guys... Right now in the ranking ladder, majors are worth 5000 points. How much do you think EVO should be worth?

Well I think the WGC Tournament is almost on par with EVO so I think the points on that should be upped too.

So I need some recommendations guys... Right now in the ranking ladder, majors are worth 5000 points. How much do you think EVO should be worth?
I mentioned somewhere else that, as you based this on the ATP, you could have a similar system that they have with the Grand Slam tournaments.

So instead of Autralian, French, Wimbledon and US Opens, you'd have

SBO | EBO | Cannes | EVO

...as they have similar levels of prestige attached.

I mentioned somewhere else that, as you based this on the ATP, you could have a similar system that they have with the Grand Slam tournaments.

So instead of Autralian, French, Wimbledon and US Opens, you'd have

SBO | EBO | Cannes | EVO

...as they have similar levels of prestige attached.

Duncan, you foolishly forgot i45.

EVO was crazy from the get-go. I've heard that the pre-evo party was already pretty awesome. Again, congratulations to the people who placed during that event. I really enjoyed the tournament even though I didn't get where I wanted to be. Casuals, panels and the event floor really maked up for that loss. This is my 2nd EVO and this is the best tournament I've ever been part of. Anyway, time for the shout outs:

NFK - Thanks for accompanying me to Vegas and introducing me to Popeye's Chicken (Yes, its my first time to eat it). Too bad about your controller cable. Sorry if I wasn't able to drive you to gamestop. I really had to go after finals.

Signia - Thanks for letting me stay last minute.

Duragon - Didn't know that you have PH blood. Awesome! Good games against your ZWEI. Its pretty sick now I have someone to copy their ZWEI.

Juece - Thanks for the shout out. You're a cool dude and nice to meet a fellow Max fan. You should really come down to Super/gatherings. I'm still amazed on our Ezio mirror match.

Banes - Thanks for letting us hangout on your awesome room.

Sojoro - Good games! You're funny when you're drunk and so damn red. See you again in super.

SU - Thanks for the matches. It was fun and interesting. Learned something about defending. Now I just have to apply it and master it. Thanks for letting me get some of your money. Grats on being part of top 8.

Woahhzz - Awesome aPat. Always on point. Next time, I'll take a game. Grats on being part of top 8.

Ultra l33t - Hope to see you in PSN again. You're maxi is great.

MysticBill - Thanks for the match. I'm finally learning more and more on the Natsu matchup.

Drake - Yay! Damn good matches. I still hate pat mirror match but its interesting. Gonna steal some stuff/strat that you used. Looks very useful.

LP - Your comments on matches were pretty hilarious. Nice betting action!

Mateo - Next time, we can do that MM. Thanks for the money too.

Typhoon - Good matches and thanks for your money also.

Manta - Great voldo! That was a great mirror against that japanese voldo player. I wanted to play casuals. Too bad there was no opportunity to do so.

KrayzieCD - good to see you again. although that comment…*shakes head slowly*.

Salmon - As usual, your comments are funny during casuals.

Xeph - great hanging out with you on the food court. Too bad I wasn't able to play casuals. Grats on being part of top 8.

Sora - Thanks for the recording setup and nice job on the commentary. When will you upload the vid? Still need to play against your Ivy

Hawkeye, Partisan, Malice, Black Mamba, Ramon - nice to meet you guys finally!

Bibulus - Nice to meet you and awesome commentary. You're the only person who I lost money. I will try to win it back someday.

Aris - As usual, superb commentary. Its never boring.

Great One - Nice to meet you and thanks for the handshake.

French people - Wanted to play casuals with you but everyone else wants to do so. Maybe someday.

The Shens - Good talk and nice to finally to put faces on your names. Wanted to see more action from you guys (and maybe I can join your casuals too).

Others - good matches. Sorry if I can't remember you or don't have really accounts here in 8WR (create one!).

Anyway, see you all next time!

Right. This'll be a doozy, then. I'm sorry for stretching this page!!
I actually got stuck in Houston coming back because of weather delays. But like... I wasn't even mad. I went to EVO, man! Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Bibulus - You're a real cool guy. You should have random hoes on stream with you so people can recognize how cool you are, but I know you're too cool to need that. Good going with the commentary man, I'm looking forward to more at Raleigh. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeSports!!!

Malice - I think what you do on the site is super pro- thanks for keeping everything so clean and organized. And you take pictures at all these events, too! You're really something. And I got to play you without any online stupid lag too, that was really cool. So nice...

RTD - Ayyy! I got to play you offline, finally! I could have done with playing you outside of my pool cough cough, but fuck it, I'll take it man. I didn't see you the rest of the weekend though, I guess I gotta be more vigilant... Tell Mick I said hi...

Hawkeye - Thanks for the games, esp. on Sunday. You've got a real good attitude, I think that's just swell. Good luck at Raleigh man, if I can't make it I'll be watching.

Mateo - I'm not much of a gambling man- I take too much risks in the game as is! but, when you said you don't play except for money, I thought that was really cool. Keep on hustling man.

Belial - Captain Russia in the house! How did the rape go?

Anyway, I finally got the texting to work! But it was too late... Someday! Someday.

Xeph - Good shit bro. I didn't get to play you personally, I guess I should have caught you earlier. To tell you the truth, I wish I would have tried to play you online more often. I was training against Viola for EVO instead of Astaroth... Ooops...

Hope you're doing alright. Looked like you had a good time!

LostProvidence - Thanks for posting the room up on 8WR man, I swear I would have been lost most of the time without going to the Chicago room. I'm glad I got to play you, I missed all of the tournament action on Friday when I left to eat. Augh ._.
I'll have to catch the stream to watch your stuff later...

Chickenwing, CNP - It's been four years! Damn! Good to see you guys in the game, I've been occasionally playing Agustin online. Texas in here!

Kura - Sorry man, I had to support Woahhzz, you know how it is. Nice meeting you though, wish we could have played some (I am going to be saying this a lot, apparently... So many missed opportunities...!)

Revin - You were my first casuals of the day man, thanks for sitting me down! I had a blast. Offline is so good... I got to play with Revin! Man... Awesome...

NFK - Great playing you offline dude. You actually remembered my habits from playing me online, that was "wow" for me. How did it go with Shen Chan for you?

FilthieRich - I was the guy with the button-down and slacks sitting up front. Thanks for everything you've done for the community man, keep it real on the corporate side. That's a real good look.

HumanTyphoon - I guess Mitsu really is broke. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me, I appreciate it. I will tell you that I've never played any Mitsu like you before, good stuff man.

Woahhzz - I got to play you on Sunday! I'm really happy about that. Though, I wish I could have played you more! Aw. You were on point as usual, it's fun just to watch you play.

Thanks for the snack on the way to the hotel. I had a real good time hanging out with you, I mean that. Peace, bro.

Manta - Shenanigans!!! It was cool meeting you man. BS is BS. Thanks for giving me the best seat in the house! Tell Mr. Iron Knee that I had fun.

Enkindu - I only saw you for a second, where did you go??? Anyhoo. Nice meeting you for real!

Dreamkiller - Heyyy man! I wanted to say, the Quick Steps stuff, I thought that was really neat. Good lookin' out, man.

Well, anyway, yeah, mgvfinest/Shakim was the guy who showed me the ropes back in SCIV online. He hit me with this huge-ass stun combo, and I was like, "uh... OK, uh, I'm gonna start doing what you're doing..."

Tell him I said hi! Wish that dude was here! Aw, man...

Genver - Aeon's stage, augh! Good playing you man, thanks for the long set, I just love those. Say hi to Nyawu for me.

Krayzie - Cool meeting you man. To be honest, I've considered you a mentor since SCIV days, I was real glad to "learn" backdash from you in SCV. Thank you for playing online in the first place. Wow, GameFAQs just ain't the same.

Shin RyuJin - I played you online a few days prior, I recall being impressed by your whiff punishing and defense. You were really on point when I played you in real life, you've done plenty of homework. Excellent stuff man, it was really fun playing.

Something-Unique - Hey man, you've been kicking ass since SCIV. I don't know where you came from, how you got those skills, but man, you're the truth. I was disappointed I only got to play you for six matches- I dunno how you feel about it, but I really enjoy when we manage to get something going online, and you throw me around the room for a kajillion matches straight- I feel like I learn so much every time. You don't take any bullshit, you're really solid.

Also, Winner's Finals being ft2 instead of ft3 was complete bullshit. I'm still upset about that one.

But you did good bro, I will stand by that shit. Wonderful seeing you.

Juece - I see what you mean about offline. This shit is bananas. That's all I'm gonna say.

And fuck your crossbow. Yo.

Banes - Thanks for hosting on Saturday. You're actually pretty good man- in my opinion- you have a nice broken rhythm, you place throws well (Kayane knows all about that! Ha!). Honestly, you're only missing a few things and you already know what they are! It was cool meeting you in the flesh.

kAb - I didn't get to play you! Agghh! But, at least we live in the same state so online isn't so bad... You're right, there should be some mid-point scene, but... C'est la vie. Sigh.

The Singapore crew - Singapore is the shit, I've been saying that for a while now. Shouts out to Frostheart a.k.a. FrizFroz, you know some cool-ass guys man. I'm jealous.

And shouts out to Ash Ketchum. Swag.

whirow - GameFAQs! I got to meet you, I'm happy. You're a real smart guy man, I enjoy talking with you on the internets. Yes, putting a face to the name... Oh! Excellent.

The Arizona crew - So close to playing you, so close! Nice meeting y'all, though. Anybody know where Nadaez/SPQR at? Can you tell him Drake says hi?

Tira players everywhere -

New Patroklos players - If EVO convinced you about this character, come on over to the Pat Soul Arena, I'm finna revise all my stuff and update it with everything I currently know.
All are welcome.
All are welcome.

Everybody else (Would you like me to name names?) - Y'all are real! Real!! I can't believe it! Solipsism ain't shit! I wish I could have played all of you!

---

While I was there, I noticed everybody going to this room, or that room, packing in places like sardines, and- I thought to myself... Why doesn't EVO have a dedicated casual area? Why isn't there some place, so when somebody asks, "Where do we go to play casuals?"- hell- you don't even have to ask that question, you just go to this extra ballroom or something waiting for you? I would pay $5-10 to have something like that. People can do casuals with everybody, people can watch, people can do money matches and sidebets, I don't see why this wasn't happening. Maybe at other tournaments, I understand, but, at EVO? Nah. Nah. Somebody needs to fix that.

And- speaking of improvements- I really thought about the game while I was there. And I'm glad it is where it is, but- it seems to me like- it could be just so much more.

I imagine a world where I don't have to wait for a RTD or S-U or Hawkeye or Woahhzz or Ryujin or- you know? I don't have to wait for them to get online to get a challenge, the game is so well known by everybody that I can just hop online and get wrecked by some kid from Nebraska who plays casually and doesn't really study the game intensively.

I imagine a world where shit is eSports, and people gather around the TV to cheer for their favorite players. This is 2012 man, we don't need physical violence with a pigskin that only a few select people in the world can play. Update that shit! It's video games! Maximum accessibility! Anybody, even the viewers at home, can become a competitor if you put the time in, and all the resources are there for you! You ain't gotta get your football scholarship man, just hop online, get reading, and then bring that shit!

I figure- Make the game accessible. Really accessible. There are not a lot of resources to train newbies in the game. That's not good!!! New guys are the lifeblood of anything that stands the test of time, we need to show all these guys what's up! And I mean- when people see how good the game is, they tell their friends, their friends tell their friends, you don't even have to pay money for advertising. And that means bigger events, and bigger sponsors, and I mean- It's- It's the future, man! It's so close!!!! Aaaargh!!!

I desperately want this to happen- and I think all that is keeping Soul Calibur from 2D levels of success- or maybe more! is just a few tiny little things. I mean, people don't know. People don't know that this game is fucking awesome. They think this game is for mashers man. Fucking mashers??? Are you kidding me??? This game is the shit!!! Fuck!!!

I mean- the game is beautiful man. I think it's the modern-day equivalent of blitz chess, you know, I wish other people could see it like I do.

This game is a good game. These people are good people- I mean, they are ALL such cool people! Guys are missing out on this shit. That ain't fucking right. Not at all- I wouldn't wish that shit on anybody, man.

Anyway. I'ma stop preaching.

Shit is real man, I love it. Good shit.

Drake, if you were in this room, omg I did not know you were there lol. Otherwise, shoutouts to everybody in this room. You all were pretty cool peeps!

This tournament was balling out of control! Had HELLA fun!

Shoutouts to the Midwest peeps. Fun hanging out with y'all. Thanks for helping me with the Natsu matchup.

Shoutouts to Banes for hosting that MM room on Saturday night. That shit was mad tight. Wish I got there sooner, but was making money sidebetting in the SF4 room.

Shoutouts to everyone that came to our room on the Friday night to watch the Kayane vs Ramon match. Maybe a runback in the future? Maybe with less suspect stipulations?

Shoutouts to everyone that I met and kicked it with. Pretty sure I'll see most of y'all at MLG Raleigh.

Good times indeed.

Drunken Money Matches at the next tournament?

Wow EVO was amazing. I got drunk, was sick the entire time, popped off for no reason at all, and didnt even get to play as much as I wanted but man was everything amazing. Soooo I guess Ill start with the bad stuff:
Saturday if I offended anyone, my bad. Saw a vid and was like yo, I was pretty foolish. If I offended anyone sorry bout dat.

Now onto nice things,
Enkindu: Probably the nicest thing I've ever heard said about me like in life. Thanks man. Much respect to you man.
NorCal as a whole: Dude yall stay getting solid. Manta is evil with his Voldo, Krayzie is broke when using maxi dawg those warm up matches where scary, Genver dude we need to play that mirror, Soakrates and Uber had some solid Maxi games off jump. Mad respect.
Texas crew: I know yall where there but i didnt get to meet all of you
The East Coast: SCARY!!!! Hope to play yall more if not in Raleigh then after that.
Pool C28: Yall where fun to run! Shout outs to the MidBoss!
The French: Yall are mad chill, actually got to talk to yall to some degree so that was dope.
The Japanese, Koreans, and Singapore/Team Shen: Much respect and yall repped hard. Too solid. I wish I could of played Shen Chan and Yuan but I guess thats for another day.

Everyone that I missed: I hope to see yall at some point in the future, including the japanese calibur scene soon. Was mad fun and I hope no one got sick being around my sick dog self. Now on to drinking tea and hot soup in Post EVO recovery.

Such a good time at this tourny. Wish I had played a bit better tho. The casual/ money match rooms were insane. GGs to everyone. Was great hanging out and meeting everyone finally. The sc community isnt as shitty as I once thought. And Drake I was joking, I play casuals. Belial, hold that shit....gg's. I really wish I could of played everyone more and just had everyone stay in vegas for like a week.

I wonder what was wrong with SC this EVO

1) Nobody notified about SCV play-offs. You didnt happen to stumble across streaming consoles in the corner of ballroom - you missed it. But hey, you could watch JW raping newbs in SF on 3 huge screens at the same time.

2) SCV streaming zone wasnt designed to have spectators there. Too little space. SF speakers screaming in your ears

3) Eventually, you could only watch SCV playoff online. Nvm the fact a huge plasma panel next to us doubled what other two were showing (hint: SF). The big plasma could be seen from basically anywhere in the room. Why would they copy content on two others is beyond me.

4) The finals were stupid. Why SCV was put 1st in line? Why ppl who came over cared about anything but game? I was trying to watch the game, but all around me ppl were eating, littering, buying shirts etc. Disgusting. Eventually, I moved to the center where singapore and Japan were getting hype. And I think that's all who were hype about finals.

Overall, EVO staff didnt seem to care about SCV and I dont get why did they even decided to have it at all, with an attitude like this.

I wonder what was wrong with SC this EVO

1) Nobody notified about SCV play-offs. You didnt happen to stumble across streaming consoles in the corner of ballroom - you missed it. But hey, you could watch JW raping newbs in SF on 3 huge screens at the same time.

2) SCV streaming zone wasnt designed to have spectators there. Too little space. SF speakers screaming in your ears

3) Eventually, you could only watch SCV playoff online. Nvm the fact a huge plasma panel next to us doubled what other two were showing (hint: SF). The big plasma could be seen from basically anywhere in the room. Why would they copy content on two others is beyond me.

4) The finals were stupid. Why SCV was put 1st in line? Why ppl who came over cared about anything but game? I was trying to watch the game, but all around me ppl were eating, littering, buying shirts etc. Disgusting. Eventually, I moved to the center where singapore and Japan were getting hype. And I think that's all who were hype about finals.

Overall, EVO staff didnt seem to care about SCV and I dont get why did they even decided to have it at all, with an attitude like this.

Unfortunately, this isn't news Belial. It's no secret that a bunch of SRK people (Kineda in particular) doesn't give two shits about SCV. We got shafted in majors before, we got shafted at EVO again.

I don't know why you think this was a SCV only issue, both MK and KOF were on that same streaming setup (which was in a terrible spot) and they suffered just as much. SFxT didn't even get streamed until top 4.

SCV being first on finals was dumb, but I can only assume it was based off business. The MK guys threw a huge amount into the pot + had that Injustice demo, and some dude who had something to do with SFxT was there asking people to do a stupid pose. Maybe if someone from Namco came and asked everyone in the crowd to do a iGDR for a picture it wouldn't have been first on finals day.

well finally got some free time, so I guess I will do my own shoutouts, I just wanted to say this evo was pretty damn awesome and now I remember why I love the FGC so much, especially the sc community which has always been my favorite, thanks to everyone who made it out to our room on saturday, that was tons of fun

this was pretty damn long so I had to put spoiler tags around it
first off shout outs to ceasers palace for being a bunch of fucktards who didn't reserve a room with two queen beds like I originally requested when I booked the room on account of the fact that I didn't list anyone elses name in the room, thanks to that bull shit, I complained until they hooked me up with that suite that we all got to enjoy, also shout outs to the fireworks show that happened right outside the same suite window, that was a welcome surprise

kane: thanks for being supportive and letting me host probably the biggest meet I have ever had the privilege of hosting in our room, I can honestly say thanks to you I will be rejoining the tekken community for tt2

woahhzz: thanks for also being a good sport and trying to be so self sacrificing on the night before your big day at finals, you didn't want me to kick anyone out that night because everyone was having so much fun, and I hope everyone appreciates that, however, despite your best wishes I kicked everyone out and I knew everyone would understand, you repped the US well in the finals and I was happy to see you get 4th

rickstah: u SOB fuck you! no, seriously, I have known you for a really long time now, since tekken 5 first came out and we used to play at mulligan's, along with the meets I hosted in my parents garage haha, I have to say I was butt hurt getting eliminated by you since you were new to the sc community, but you have been playing since sc3 now, so theres no shame in losing to you, you definitely outplayed me, good shit

ramon: always a pleasure, you brighten any room you walk into with your big personality, I hope to see you soon at raleigh, and I would love to come kick it in your hood some time

hawkeye: you're a good guy, and I would love to hang out with you outside of games, I will also be trying to visit u and jerome in chicago, which happens to be one of my favorite cities in the whole world

LP: I love you man! you are too funny dude, I wish we recorded your mm against signia cause that was pure comedy gold, I cant wait to come visit ya'll, also good shit getting your revenge from mlg anaheim, u said you were gonna bust they ass next time, and you made good on your word

SU: it was cool kicking it with you in vegas, its too bad we didn't get to go clubbin! next time u decide on coming down hit me up, good shit reppin pyrrha in the tourney, I made most of my money sidebetting thanks to you

hussler: was fun playing you, sorry I eliminated you at evo :( just gotta space out pyrrha and let her run into your spear, hit me up online for some practice games

DK: you were so funny along with ramon, I only wish I had been there for the rib challenge, don't abandon the sc community!

GO: once again didn't get to play you, but one day we will get to play together, I swear it!

xeph: always a pleasure gettin trashed with you, please don't stop on account of getting stereotyped as that kinda guy, fuck what people think, do what you love, and good shit reppin the US at evo

uberl337: had a good time watching finals with u and recording those fireworks from the suite, didn't know u were 420 friendly, but im glad we got to share more than just how stupid pyrrha 22k is haha

king salmon: hope you feel better dude, sounds like u had a rough time, but im glad you were having a great time on saturday, u definitely looked like u were on one haha, good shit getting far in the tourney too

signia: hey man u impressed me in a lot of your MM, I bet on you even when I didn't think you would win, haha, but you still surprised me! I hope you keep playing sc5, and ill probably see u in tt2 as well

cc: I love ur philosophy on the FGC, I wish I could have partied with u more, but it seems we were on a similar level whenever we met, at least when it came to our BAC haha, im gonna really try hard to come out to raleigh

malice: hey it was nice to finally meet u, its funny how we were around each other for a while before we realized who each other was haha, thx for recording some of the matches and crazyness that was happening in my room, I need a documented record since my own memory fails me, especially in the state I was in

drake: had some good games against you, but in the end you were too much for me! I realize you expose my weakness which is I like to throw shit out and that totally falls victim to your backsteps, but truthfully I don't know what all I need to improve on so please enlighten me

juece: nice to finally meet another socal player, thanks for walking back to the parking garage with me to get the stuff, if you ever need some pyrrha 22k practice, hit me up online

aris: great commentary as usual, you have a definite future in it if you play your cards right

soakrates: hey dude you had great commentary as well, I wish I would have gone and walked the strip with ya'll, but my legs were honestly killing me, next time im in norcal ill definitely hit u guys up

krayzie: APOOOF!! oh man that was pretty funny, I think this is one of the only times ive been trolled in sc5 and actually enjoyed it haha, and I thought I was gonna be the annoying one to play against, little did I realize the power of apoof, I will definitely hit u up next time in norcal

partisan: it was nice to meet you too, you are a really chill dude, I kind of regret not making fun of you for being canadian tho, but I kept forgetting since your head inexplicably wasnt flopping about, there was a time when you were talking 'aboot' the weather in canada, and I totally didn't even call you on it, next time!

mateo: nice to meet you dude, your gameplay is so solid, u easily could have been top 8 at evo, and deservedly so, it was fun hanging out and playing craps, let me know if u ever plan on coming to vegas

revin: hey man always a pleasure, glad to have you as part of the socal community, im sure ill be seeing you for tt2 as well

sojoro: you walked on my bed with your shoes on, and you talked shit about my pyrrha gameplay! but I owned you in our matches so now were even haha, hope to see you around socal

NFK: man your match against kura was sadly not recorded, but that was straight legendary, good shit, u r such a solid player, and I hope sc5 doesn't fall off so u can continue ur domination

sora and nyawu: sorry to lump u to together but I really appreciate you two commentating and recording the MM's in my room, that was a nice surprise, which evo seemed to be full of this year, I feel inspired to get my own recording equipment now

manta: you are a really cool dude, there must something in that water of norcal, but everyone from there is always awesome, good shit taking out malek, and winning that MM against malcolm, that shit was epic

human typhoon: nice to see you again, it was so funny how you were ducking at the bar haha, sadly it didn't work!

mysticbill: thx for the practice on friday night, you helped me get ready for evo, and gave me some good natsu practice, sadly I didn't get to put it to good use since I faced no natsus haha

bib: im sad I didn't get to party with you, I saw you were having a good time throughout evo, and I wish I got to take part in it, maybe next MLG

ugh im tired, if I forgot to mention you, that probably means I don't like you haha jk...or ami?!

Back