Hawkeye defeats Keev to win MLG Fighter's Arena!

• Admin
Yesterday, the top 8 players from the MLG Winter Championships flew out to the MLG Studio in NYC to compete in the exclusive Fighter's Arena! In a stunning upset, Hawkeye (@iltokyoli) from Chicago, who came seeded in 8th place, defeated the 1st seeded player Keev from France in an almost completely one-sided 4-1 Grand Finals!

Congratulations to Hawkeye for retaking the Soulcalibur title for America! In addition to the top 8 players, Rod "Slasher" Breslau from GameSpot.com was on hand to conduct interviews with the top two players throughout the day.

Here are the final standings for Soul Calibur V:
  • 1st Place: Hawkeye – $1,500
  • 2nd Place: Keev – $900
  • 3rd Place: Kayane and RTD – $500 each
  • 5th Place: SomethingUnique, LostProvidence
  • 7th Place: Shin_RyuJin and WingZero

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Any replays of the event? It's nice that Natsus made a comeback, do want to watch! After all the rerollers quit her :>.

CONGRATS TO HAWKEYE!!!!

Even though I was only able to catch the replay, since I was at ATL revival yesterday, I was literally on the edge of my seat the entire tournament, rooting for players on a pre-recording like it was live.

This MLG Invitational was AWESOME; quite literally the best matches ever recorded for Soul Calibur 5! ^0^ I loved the event and let all my friends know about it

Hawkeye's Natsu play was amazing, easily the most fun to watch out of everybody. I really admire that aggressive style. And to force Keev to do what he did make me LOL IRL

Natsu was always awesome and I hate it when people say a character is bad just based on the reading of patch notes. Players really need to learn how to use their characters and quit asking for buffs & nerfs. This is like believing the mainstream gaming media giving a game a low score just because they played it very badly and the gullible people believe that the review is 100% legit. By the way Great Match, Hawkeye

Nerd Josh Ryan Hunter was saying during the recent WakeUp SRK podcast that most people today are not putting effort into exploring the games, they just expect some future patch to do all the work for them. I can kinda see it with all these "wish lists" flying around.

But this is now going off topic, so I stop here.

Edit: it was Ryan Hunter who said that, not Nerd Josh

Good fighting games will always be about accepting responsibility and overcoming adversity.

Congrats again, Hawkeye!!

First time I have seen someone actually take full advantage of NM's weaknesses. The game was designed for aggressive play after all...take a step forward. Good shit Hawkeye.

I remember playing your Taki in SCIV we were about even lol. Can't believe you got that far. You're amazing!

Congrats to Hawkeye. Thanks for showing that Nightmare is not over power.
NM's weakness is on his low damage throw and he doesn't have a safe good damage mix-up. However, he can relie on whiff punish, GC, RO and wall combo to win still. He is top, but I'm pretty sure he is not over power.
Keev and Omega made it over power. lol.....

It was great to catch all the action in person. It's great to chill with some of the America's (and France's) SCV players. :)

I in no way claim to know the chicago scene, but how come there was no shoutout for LP? I thought he was in the chicago crew?

I am strongly against commenatators showing their affections for the players. It looks stupid and unsportsman. All this "America" shouts etc... when Kura played in Finals of USA Nats all crowd was against him, now Keev and Kayane play in finals and commenators root against them all the time. This just looks dumb. Stop pls.

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back