Hawkeye defeats Keev to win MLG Fighter's Arena!

• Admin
Yesterday, the top 8 players from the MLG Winter Championships flew out to the MLG Studio in NYC to compete in the exclusive Fighter's Arena! In a stunning upset, Hawkeye (@iltokyoli) from Chicago, who came seeded in 8th place, defeated the 1st seeded player Keev from France in an almost completely one-sided 4-1 Grand Finals!

Congratulations to Hawkeye for retaking the Soulcalibur title for America! In addition to the top 8 players, Rod "Slasher" Breslau from GameSpot.com was on hand to conduct interviews with the top two players throughout the day.

Here are the final standings for Soul Calibur V:
  • 1st Place: Hawkeye – $1,500
  • 2nd Place: Keev – $900
  • 3rd Place: Kayane and RTD – $500 each
  • 5th Place: SomethingUnique, LostProvidence
  • 7th Place: Shin_RyuJin and WingZero

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
If somebody is being impolite it doesnt mean you can be rude as well. I thought parents are supposed to teach you that.

You cant do much about the crowd cheering. Crowd is crowd afterall.
But when a commentators who're supposed to represent the game, wearing suit and shit, start to act like children - this isnt cool. Dont get me wrong, I am neither french nor american and share no special affection for either country, but "AMERICA" shouts were really annoying and uncool. If that happened back at home and commentators would be RUSSIA, RUSSIA, I'd feel ashamed.
So true, I can't imagine someone commenting out loud the name of my country during a competition, I will be so embarrassed. Commentators should really stop the FOR MY COUNTRY kind of stuff, players saying that is totally fine, at the end they are just happy and proud of their country, kinda like Hilde XD, but commentators is unprofessional and impolite.

Congrats to Hawkeye for winning and all the players for a great showing. And to me, I'd generally expect some bias from local commentary wherever said tourney is held(similar to local commentary for sports), but as long as it's support for your country and not hating on players I don't see anything wrong with it, and I don't think there was anything but respect for Keev and Kayane on the commentary. Bibulus even specifically defends Kayane at one point over something mentioned in the chat with the stream.

You all make some great points...but I think the thing that we should all take from this is to attend MLG Anaheim and fuck some people up. Already love the game but the way MLG runs their events just...I dunno...makes it dreamy!

Just got here. Has anyone started complaining about how Natsu is Top Tier? And Broken? And needs to be Patched? And Hawkeye didn't deserve? None of that? Really?! People are finally coming to their senses?

non-top tier wins, they say he's Top Tier (Nightmare).

Top Tier Wins, No one says anything. Hmmm...

Anyways I KNO it was Hawkeye that Won, just surprised at the lack of spam here. Is this forum......IMPROVING?!!?

Just got here. Has anyone started complaining about how Natsu is Top Tier? And Broken? And needs to be Patched? And Hawkeye didn't deserve? None of that? Really?! People are finally coming to their senses?

non-top tier wins, they say he's Top Tier (Nightmare).

Top Tier Wins, No one says anything. Hmmm...

Anyways I KNO it was Hawkeye that Won, just surprised at the lack of spam here. Is this forum......IMPROVING?!!?
No, everyone was just focused on bitching about America instead of the game itself.

shut up

edit;
Also, I hear the "MLG flying top 8 out to Anaheim" was mis-communication? I hope CHI is still coming through.

but "AMERICA" shouts were really annoying and uncool. If that happened back at home and commentators would be RUSSIA, RUSSIA, I'd feel ashamed.

i would totally agree if it were really in a serious context. but i think the commentators were referencing to a movie called, "Team America". there's a theme song called, "America, FUCK YEAH!!" .. it's a satire of our country

here's the song if you wanna listen and laugh. it's pretty hilarious. i think it'll shed some light on the topic.

Don't forget the goal of the main topic :
Congratulations Hawkeye !
You were a beast this week end, your Natsu is amazing and stylish ! You have improved so much. And i'm glad because we both were the last ranked (7th/8th) at MLG tournament and I knew we both could do better. So we have showed it, and you did it better than me by ranking 1st !

About this pro USA commentary etc...that's funny because the concerned players Keev and me totally don't care about it. It would just make our victories better.

Anyway, it was a pleasure to meet you guys as usual, we still have a lot of things to discover and improve at SC5 so i'm excited to see who'll be the next champion!
Be careful Hawkeye ! ;)

Don't forget the goal of the main topic :
Congratulations Hawkeye !
You were a beast this week end, your Natsu is amazing and stylish ! You have improved so much. And i'm glad because we both were the last ranked (7th/8th) at MLG tournament and I knew we both could do better. So we have showed it, and you did it better than me by ranking 1st !

About this pro USA commentary etc...that's funny because the concerned players Keev and me totally don't care about it. It would just make our victories better.

Anyway, it was a pleasure to meet you guys as usual, we still have a lot of things to discover and improve at SC5 so i'm excited to see who'll be the next champion!
Be careful Hawkeye ! ;)

Thank you kayane... We both came from 7th/8th place and we both left our marks at this pass invitationals. Congrats on ur placement. Hopefully we meet again in anahiem. Since we received the news of mlg not paying our way there.

I am strongly against commenatators showing their affections for the players. It looks stupid and unsportsman. All this "America" shouts etc... when Kura played in Finals of USA Nats all crowd was against him, now Keev and Kayane play in finals and commenators root against them all the time. This just looks dumb. Stop pls.
America fans are special my friend. look up any video of LBJ and you will hear the boos. In other words, american fans are very demanding.

Edit: but yeah, Hawkeye is special. I mean he looks like Derrick Rose for god's sake. As a fellow Chicago player, I would like to say that it wasn't America that beat France. It was chitown. I think everyone gotta learn that anybody that plays for Chicago(sport team and etc.) doesn't give up and wants to win.

Watched things all the way through -- fantastic. Ramon's commentary was particularly insightful, but it was all fun to watch/listen to.

I though the "America" stuff was tasteful and didn't detract from the commentary at all (if anything, the point where the technical commentary ceased was because the commentators were too busy trying to pick their jaws up off the floor after Keev switched to Viola (-and- then took a round from Hawkeye with her)).

OTOH, I do think that the "comeback train" metaphor was getting old and tired by the time the four hour mark had hit. Don't comebacks come in other forms than trains?

Congrats, Hawkeye -- that was awesome! I learned a lot from watching, too (even if some of that was to respect 66k much more as a long ranged punisher).

Live streams

24 Viewers
Draethiox
Draethiox
Potisive Vibes Pt. III
7 Viewers
Viscoito
Viscoito
cento e quatro e TRES O MELHO PLANTSVS ZOMBIE!!? + abioticozinho?? a ultima coisa q vc vai ver na vida!! Oq aconteceu watadoublefaki bizarro
1 Viewers
RespectVibes
RespectVibes
Casual Online Matches - Kilik
1 Viewers
turqoisewave7
turqoisewave7
SoulCalibur VI Ranked And Casual

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member