Kayane & Keysona Interview Hisaharu Tago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, Kayane and Keysona had the opportunity to meet Soulcalibur V Producer Hisaharu Tago for an interview at Paris Games Week. The interviews cover topics such as how far the game is in development, the importance of community, online features, improvements over SC4, information on the newest characters, music, and story mode.

You can read more details about the interview on Kayane's blog, and check out the videos after the break.

Article
Soulcalibur.Fr
Gnouz Corp

Last edited by a moderator:
well the game is 100% DONE to them but...... how finished will it be in our eyes, the players? i really hope these 3 months they polish the shit out of the game.... this means they should already be done with characters and stages, but anyway, cant wait!!! YUN SEONG PLEASE COME BACK!

Thumbs up to kayane for looking out for us raphael players.

All that hype he had about leixia and nightmare, then tago says "o .. err we didn't do much with raphael" kind of broke my heart, but maybe i'm taking it the wrong way.

guess i finally have a good reason to make a twitter account (aside from telling them that idle has been mean to me)

100% but still a lot of work left to do... haha. This is a new definition of 100%. I take Tago-san to mean that the core game has all the content (i.e. everything has been rendered, all the movelists are complete but unrefined) and what remains is polish, balance, refinement, and the work from special teams on things like story mode, debugging, etc.

Hmmm...I wonder what's gonna happen to Viola's fightin' style, since it's bein' reworked? How will she fight close range if she sets her orb out on the field, if they take away her claw...? Will her move set alter significantly? Will she not be able to set the orb out on the field anymore, will she be defenseless once she sets the orb on the field, or is she just gonna kick ass with her bare hands instead of with a claw? Or will they change their minds, and keep her on the route she's goin'? Time will tell, I guess...

Aww, Keysona's so cute :3

But anyway, i really hope they don't take away Viola's claw. I mean, i wouldn't be as attracted to the character if she only had the orb. The claw to me signifies close-ranged fast attacks. Take away the claw and i wouldn't have the tools i'd want to main her.

Anyway, i really don't think that when Tago said "only gameplay for the orb remains" that it meant that their looking to take away the claw.

I think it was more along the lines of building a movelist that is more focused on the orb. Hmmm, it'll be interestin to see how Viola plays in an upcoming demo build.

Lots of people seem to be commenting on Keysona's (adorbs) appearance. I hope we don't creep him out.

ANYWAY, I'm a little skeptical about the whole deal with the CGI opening. I'm pretty sure they won't be bringing it back due to the graphics engine. They'll probably say something like, "Oh, we polished the shit outta these graphics, guys! They look so much better than CGI!" Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here, "NOPE"ing all of it.

Lots of people seem to be commenting on Keysona's (adorbs) appearance. I hope we don't creep him out.

ANYWAY, I'm a little skeptical about the whole deal with the CGI opening. I'm pretty sure they won't be bringing it back due to the graphics engine. They'll probably say something like, "Oh, we polished the shit outta these graphics, guys! They look so much better than CGI!" Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here, "NOPE"ing all of it.

I bet he would be if he took the time to consider who is actually calling him cute :O ..... you know what i mean ;3

ANYWAY, back on topic. About how the cutscenes will go. It could be like FFXIII was, that the pre-rendered REGULAR graphics, and the actual CGI scenes look very similar......
...... OOOOOOooorrrr it could just be the same deal they did with the character endings of SC4. I actually enjoyed that.

I bet he would be if he took the time to consider who is actually calling him cute :O ..... you know what i mean ;3

ANYWAY, back on topic. About how the cutscenes will go. It could be like FFXIII was, that the pre-rendered REGULAR graphics, and the actual CGI scenes look very similar......
...... OOOOOOooorrrr it could just be the same deal they did with the character endings of SC4. I actually enjoyed that.

but the team that does the cutscenes for SC5 is the same team that did the cutscenes for Naruto Ninja Storm 2. (that's what I hear) so I'm guessing that they will be cinematic like that game. I didn't particularly like it overall but I do admit watching story mode for the boss fights never got old because it was like you were watching a climax scene from a movie.

I found the OP and endings of SCIV really...bland is the only way to correctly describe it. Not flat-out boring, it had some taste, it was just lacking the style and pizzazz that SC3 had. The QTE's were a nice touch for the endings. SCIV's were just slow. I understand they were all supposed to be the endings of the character's stories, but still; they could have made them a bit more exciting, no? The only endings I liked at all were the Guest Artist's. I loved Ashlotte's.

And like I said in my thread dedicated to the previous style of OP(CGI sequences depicting the characters in battle), SCIV was really lacking in the whole excitement factor. The OP was slow, there was little to no tension, and there was no real fighting. The closest we had in the 360 version was Ivy v. Hilde, where she grabbed the spear with her sword, and possibly Asta v. Yoda. I saw the PS3 version and again, there was only 1 real fight: Guest v. Vet. It was quite disappointing. The CGI openings were just much, much better in my opinion. I sincerely hope that SCV brings back the exciting feeling of going into battle with the OP.

Cutscenes: Again, SCIV lacked any in the first place. That was REALLY disappointing. I remember actually saying, "Wait, what? There's no cutscenes! What the hell!?" I enjoyed rolling out from under the bars as they fell, out of the way of the gear as it barreled towards my character, mashing the directional buttons so that Ivy didn't grab Soul Edge. They all added to the atmosphere of how dire the circumstances were. SCIV was supposed to be the climax? I think not. It was more like the resolution of the story, speaking in literary terms.

I hope that if Daishi sees this, he understands how upset people the lack of cutscenes was along with how half-assed the OP and endings were.

but the team that does the cutscenes for SC5 is the same team that did the cutscenes for Naruto Ninja Storm 2. (that's what I hear) so I'm guessing that they will be cinematic like that game. I didn't particularly like it overall but I do admit watching story mode for the boss fights never got old because it was like you were watching a climax scene from a movie.

hmmmmm, time to youtube so i may see what you are talking about :3......
*watches*

You know, because it's done in the graphical Anime style *which i love* i'm having a hard time seeing this translate to SCV.

However i think that watching this, i do think that even scenes that are less action-packed will have more drama to them. We'll have to wait and see. Either way though, i think the cinematics are the least of our worries :3 The only gripe i had with SC4's cinematics was the LACK of them >.>

I love the picture on the header for this story. Keysona looks like the mid-season forcibly introduced character (trying way to hard to define his break-out personality), to what was previously a normal and wholesome family sitcom. And Tago looks like: "Great, Now I've got to deal with THIS kid? Why is he here?" "Try hard Tago... try your best not to let the world know that you hate this kid. Just squeeze the stupid kid like you can't get enough of him, while Kayane's wholesome smile and cheerful good looks bring in male viewers 14-35."

The whole show would naturally become about how much we're supposed to love Keysona and how crazy he drives Tago . From every episode after that. Forever.

There was a mistake in the video I just realized ! My friend subtitled "100%" for the development of the game but he misunderstood (a lot of noises so it was difficult to be sure), and while listening again this morning I understood "60%". But I was surprised because 40% of work in 3 months is a lot to do...
I asked a friend who speaks japanese to translate Tago-san directly from Japanese to French for this sentence. And Tago-san said "60%" and not 100% so I modified in the video !
In fact they have to work on online mode and story mode, but "the rest" is almost done. I think they're talking about the characters being in the game, but they still need to work on balance. They also gave a lot of work to others independant companies and they may wait for it too.

I'm very sorry for this mistake, I should have realized earlier but I had a lot of work yesterday... and I just listened again this morning after waking up.
But I guess we can be reassured on one hand, because I think they have a lot of things to do concerning the characters.

There was a mistake in the video I just realized ! My friend subtitled "100%" for the development of the game but he misunderstood (a lot of noises so it was difficult to be sure), and while listening again this morning I understood "60%". But I was surprised because 40% of work in 3 months is a lot to do...
I asked a friend who speaks japanese to translate Tago-san directly from Japanese to French for this sentence. And Tago-san said "60%" and not 100% so I modified in the video !
In fact they have to work on online mode and story mode, but "the rest" is almost done. I think they're talking about the characters being in the game, but they still need to work on balance. They also gave a lot of work to others independant companies and they may wait for it too.

I'm very sorry for this mistake, I should have realized earlier but I had a lot of work yesterday... and I just listened again this morning after waking up.
But I guess we can be reassured on one hand, because I think they have a lot of things to do concerning the characters.
I had a feeling that might've been the case. It couldn't have been 100% if they're still balancing the characters and listening to fan responses. He didn't even confirm the roster count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back