Kinetic Clash Wins EVO 2013 SC5!

• Admin
It has been a long and exciting day of gaming at EVO 2013. Whether you got to be there in person, watched the live stream, or just checked online occasionally for updates, today's tournament has held most of us captivated and eager for results.

Coming out of the losers bracket, passing Norcal's Manta in losers finals and winning two straight 4/7 sets against Signia's Yoshimitsu in grand finals, Kinetic Clash (Viola, Ivy) of Arizona takes home the victory.

Full results

Evolution 2013 Side Tournament
Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
Kinetic Clash
$406.00
2nd
Signia
$290.00
3rd
Manta
$174.00
4th
KrayzieCD
$116.00
5th
TS420S|Jimbonator
$58.00
5th
Thermidor
$58.00
7th
Kayane
$29.00
7th
RTD
$29.00
9th
Zane
9th
Zer0Kage
9th
RZR|Itazan
9th
EMP Balack Omamba
13th
SnortmeImDop3
13th
Alex J
13th
MeanGreenToker
13th
MysticBill
17th
BeefyLoveLord
17th
Brett Farre
17th
Schneider-X
17th
Rocktapus
17th
Dr Mario Kart
17th
NecroSon
17th
IceColdEdge
17th
Fuudo
25th
Fukou Da
25th
King Salmon
25th
Nate
25th
Revneg
25th
EL Buki
25th
Blueboy
25th
Phoenix Denja
25th
Chose
33rd
Christian Makai
33rd
B:L
33rd
Revin
33rd
SPMan
33rd
Launch Micah
33rd
IvyFanboy
33rd
Soakrates
33rd
Juece
33rd
Boomerjinx
33rd
Sora (Hitbox)
33rd
Hiroyuki
33rd
Marginal
33rd
WG
33rd
Jimmy
33rd
Hussler
33rd
Chemie
49th
Skillzilla
49th
Ian F.
49th
Markoed
49th
Tommy Altsisi
49th
Jer
49th
Damon
49th
801 Lost
49th
Infinit Strife
49th
Dmac
49th
Lordsavior

Grats to all the placers!

Shoutouts to IEBattleGrounds and MadCatz for the support! I think I speak for everyone when I say it was appreciated.

Also props for Chemie, Alex J, Tomahawk/KingSalmon and Commando (and any others I may not know about) for helping put this whole thing together!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've never watched EVO before but this year I decided to and it was pretty epic even though it was a side tournament. Congrats to you Kinetic for winning and to everyone who placed. I wish I would have been able to watch the top 8 on the stream but I suppose the matches will be uploaded to Youtube one of the upcoming days.

the reality is that sc is compeltamente abandoned by namco, Street Fighter is older and yet, in short, sees its third expansion (with a 5 pg new and updated lists frame according to the views of the players), the capcom care its business, namco derive profit on their laurels derived from the absence of strong competition in the market like that ... but it is a poor job, and the effects are noticed.

This nigga has been holding that shit in for a while now. You people just had to go and give him an outlet.

re: Worgen: ...what?

Don't talk like that. Even late Saturday at Arcade Legacy, while Marvel was on stream on one of the big projector screens, one of the dedicated SCV players was able to round up eight people for a tournament. SCV is better off than Virtua Fighter 5 and Dead or Alive 5, at least. VF5 didn't last very long, and I have literally never seen DoA5 played at AL.

Just wanted to give a shoutout to the tournament organizers for doing an awesome job running everything so smoothly. It's impressive to get that kind of participation and hype for a side tournament.

Sorry to Alex J for bailing before our SC3 money match, my friends wanted to do other stuff and I didn't make it back until everyone was gone. PM me a PayPal account and I'll send you the $10 you surely would have won. :)

Tiz the gist is this:
Namco has abandoned Soul Calibur, and the effects are seen when compared to other g ames like Street Fighetr (Capcom) that older, in October will have a third expansion that includes 5 new characters, new scenarios, and a restructuring of the frame-based list on feedback from the main forum of the game.

It 'a job done as it should be part of a serious manufacturer, something quite different from the dlc with firemen and Japanese schoolgirls ...

the reality is that sc is compeltamente abandoned by namco, Street Fighter is older and yet, in short, sees its third expansion (with a 5 pg new and updated lists frame according to the views of the players), the capcom care its business, namco derive profit on their laurels derived from the absence of strong competition in the market like that ... but it is a poor job, and the effects are noticed.

We don't need tons of expansions to keep enjoying a great game and to keep growing the community. This tournament was built up from the bottoms up from players who enjoyed the game and wanted to see it at Evo. Having near 60 people at a side tournament with a sponsor from Mad Catz and a dedicated stream for almost the entire tourney is a win in my book. No point in looking at the negative. I'm still going to play the game.

I did not written my comment to denigrate soul calibur.
I agree 100% with you (as well as you can read from my commentary on 2 pages on this topic), but devote part of their time to a hobby so beautiful, and seeing little supported by a manufacturer like namco ...

For everything else, I hope to catch u on xlive for some duels ;)

Evo was a blast. Next year let's try and get things organized earlier so we can really pull in those numbers.

It was fun, guys! Was a really enjoyable first-tourny experience, and I plan to be at more!

It was great to meet you guys.

In particular, I want to thank Jimbo for getting me to drag my ass out there. Gratz on getting 5th place (lel). I definitely intend to give y'all a better challenge next time.

Also, gratz to KC. You done good, son, and it was great to meet you. Good to meet Thermidor, Juez, Kayane, Marginal, Harry, Signia, and all the other guys I got to meet (I'd name you too but I haven't slept in a long time and just got off a long flight and I suck with names to begin with).

And thanks to all the guys who worked hard to set it all up! Hope to play you all again soon... And maybe do a bit better haha

Fun tournament, glad I was able to get out of my cave to actually get out there for Evo.

Was well worth the trip. Shoutouts to the King of Evo, Kinetic CASH for getting over his "free for Asta" sickness to put me out of the dance with a perfect at the end of game 5. /notsalty.

Shout outs to AlexJ and Mamba for what was likely the trashiest talking match in the tournament.

Shout outs to King Salmon aka Tomahawk aka Sea Man, Alex J and Chemie for putting this shit together, as well as everyone at the Hash House for what was likely the worst dining experience I've ever had in Vegas ( I blame Black Mamba )
This shit makes me want to play again, and hopefully I can actually get to some meets in spite of my work schedule.

Shoutouts to "West Coast Gimmicks".

Congrats KC!

Wtf, IFB WAS THERE!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!
I thought was done with SC! Damnn Im missed it now -_-"
LOL yeah, sadly marvel pools were dicken me around pretty hard and pulling me away (They actually almost DQ'd me after giving me full confirmation I could do the side tournament and that i had time to play my match). I'm so rusty on this game lol, but I'll always play SC if someone mentions it. I just put too much effort into UMvC3 and didn't practice SC5 and Injustice at the same level like I shoulda. My character ignorance was showing...I was fighting Hilde like she was SC4 Hilde (over turtling for me dear life)

GG's to everyone. Kinetic kicked my ass pretty hard in casuals. Alex J...one day... (seriously I forgot the MM in all my UMvC3 drama).

LOL yeah, sadly marvel pools were dicken me around pretty hard and pulling me away (They actually almost DQ'd me after giving me full confirmation I could do the side tournament and that i had time to play my match). I'm so rusty on this game lol, but I'll always play SC if someone mentions it. I just put too much effort into UMvC3 and didn't practice SC5 and Injustice at the same level like I shoulda. My character ignorance was showing...I was fighting Hilde like she was SC4 Hilde (over turtling for me dear life)

GG's to everyone. Kinetic kicked my ass pretty hard in casuals. Alex J...one day... (seriously I forgot the MM in all my UMvC3 drama).
dude it was nice meeting you man! do A+B more!! >=p but don't whiff when you do it lol

YOSHI *bleep* MITSU Signia lets go.

Very well done tournament, this deserved a spot at the main lineup.

Signia had the best execution I'd ever seen with Yoshi. Right on par or even better than Lolo's. I mean the dude landed 4: A : A : A : A : A in his top 8 match against Manta, that's straight up on point execution and swag.

Signia had the best execution I'd ever seen with Yoshi. Right on par or even better than Lolo's. I mean the dude landed 4: A : A : A : A : A in his top 8 match against Manta, that's straight up on point execution and swag.
Krayzie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back