Less-used Yoshi Moves

Next time a make a thread ill be more specific, ill just ask uses for a specific move. I like 3A+B its cool, i like the noise Yoshi makes and it seems kinda insulting to run them over. Maybe it would throw someone off thier game. After 6A on hit i sometimes try 3A+B. Is that a good time to throw out that move?

well i've noticed online that in general people don't shake out of stuns. so like you can do 3[A+B] after CH 6B or CH 22_88B or even CH WR K.

A:B+K i don't use a whole lot outside of combos, unsafe on block

i don't use any of the spins a lot either, due to them being unsafe and i haven't gotten the jf spins down yet. probably not ever.

i try to use A+K when i remember to cuz i loved using it in sc2

well i've noticed online that in general people don't shake out of stuns. so like you can do 3[A+B] after CH 6B or CH 22_88B or even CH WR K.

A:B+K i don't use a whole lot outside of combos, unsafe on block

i don't use any of the spins a lot either, due to them being unsafe and i haven't gotten the jf spins down yet. probably not ever.

i try to use A+K when i remember to cuz i loved using it in sc2

3[A+B] does terrible damage. There's really no reason to use it over 3AB.

a:B+K is fast (i12), TCs, and isn't punishable on block (-9). There's no reason not to use this move outside of combos.

A+K is crap compared to the SC2 version. Leave it in SC2 where it belongs. There are very, very few times when A+K comes in handy.

3[A+B] does terrible damage. There's really no reason to use it over 3AB.

i know i was just giving the guy some options on the move he likes. it does leave yoshi in PG if you like doing pogo moves

A+K is crap compared to the SC2 version. Leave it in SC2 where it belongs. There are very, very few times when A+K comes in handy.

i know.. it's tough letting go of the past sometimes... *sheds a few tears*

hey how often do you use 33A? i don't see many online players using it... i use it here and there. i think its good against players who don't like to play close. they like to back up a few steps and then attack. if you time it right, the CH takes a nice chunk of their power.

another move that i used a lot in sc2, but they took the tracking away from it in 3

So I wanted to find out what everyones thoughts on 44A are. Funkpanda asked me about it and it got me to thinking. Does anyone else think this is a good spacing move? I try and use this (especially against X) to stop 8way run game and the A game. Used it alot this weekend against Asty's Bullrush also, Space and abuse

I'm not a big fan of slow highs that give 0 reward, especially when coming from a character who is so fast and has a multitude of better options

So I wanted to find out what everyones thoughts on 44A are. Funkpanda asked me about it and it got me to thinking. Does anyone else think this is a good spacing move? I try and use this (especially against X) to stop 8way run game and the A game. Used it alot this weekend against Asty's Bullrush also, Space and abuse

Its good BECAUSE a lot of ppl dont use it. i, on the other hand, use it quite a bit, and when used rite, will catch most ppl.

A move that doesn't get used often, doesn't make that move good (i.e. 11B). 22A is far superior to 44A. 22A has nearly the same range as 44A, moves you forward (while 44A does not), and is a mid.

44A: i29, -8 on block, +8 on hit, +8 on CH
22A: i24, -8 on block, +1~2 on hit, KND on CH

Thematrix: I only use 33A when I know I'm in range, I won't get interrupted as the move is rather slow, and when I'm almost positive I'll get a CH. 66A / 33A set up some decent combos and tech traps, but you're at a noticeable frame disadvantage on block.

Hum, I have been using some moves that other Yoshi player are not using, so there they are:

FLEA 6+[A+K] or any variation for moving jumping... Better to not doing it very often, but it catches some players unaware of what to do. You can buy time by jumping around a bit (which can be useful to be able to do the more powerful move of possession fist). I think it's safe on block since I have always time to do something else afterward.

FLEA [A+B] only on an opponent on the ground after a sucessful 6+[A+K], it's the only way to do more damage by staying in FLEA and it is giving you some time for what to do next, with luck you can stuck an opponent in a corner and spam that move XD but a good player will recover from it haha.

FLEA 2+[A+K] too bad you have to spam it, but it will dodge high and low while doing that, good against player that doesn't have that much mid...but it is better to use it to confuse your opponent and do a quick move afterward.

I've been training a bit with FLEA, always have some fun to screw up some player with that stance since it is the one you have the more possibilies (8 way run, dodge, tech jump and potential damage). Anyway, I don't use it that much, so that's why I post it in that section !

I'll use flea jumping on wake when its working on someone... but usually its only if I'm tryin to have some fun with em'. The move gets you into weird fucking angles which USUALLY ends with you getting out of the stance soon enough....or you getting punished with AA etc. And it is not a good way to wait for the possesion fist moves... in part because if you are waiting for them you should be blocking or setting something up...Flea does neither of these for you. BUT... jumping has its uses... hell...even 2A+K can be used at times (although usually just for fun or sometimes as a annoyance taunt to get ppl to rush you)

FLEA a+b is trash... a VERY pointless move really... You are already tj lows..why impact them??

honestly it this thread in general to some extent brings to mind some kid I was playing online last night. He complained about yoshi (before I used him...so I didn't even bother...stuck with owning with my super scrubby rock o.O)...why? Because he thought using doorknocker in combos was stupid unfair and boring. And that only one yoshi player he ever saw "didn't use it." To which my response was that the yoshi player probably wasn't very good then (although there are instances where you can go a whole match without a REASON to necessarily use doorknocker). And thats the case with a lot of his moves... they just either aren't good or they have better options to them.

But there are some legit moves that can be used but are not. 1 example being 1A series. NOBODY uses it. but the thing is it can be tricky once or twice... but after that they will just hit you after you finish spinning unless you get the GB everytime (i don't remember...but it might still be unsafe after GB unless you super just it...). And while I see 1k: and 4A: non-just versions SOMETIMES...its usually only by scrub yoshi or someone trying to "have fun" during the round. If someone could pull 4A: off consistently it could become a GODLY punisher at close range. And its safe if the GB works...I don't think you even have to super jsut to be safe (I might be wrong...). And a 100+ combo after a CH 4A: series? or an EASY 70+ damage if you are too scared to go for imcf?!?!? thats insane damage.
another example more in line with being a "good" move nobody uses is SDGF KK. The reason? Online fucks this move ALL to hell with the timing. Offline its much more reliable, but even then you have to get the super just to not get your ass handed to you for attempting it. Same deal can be said about his standing suicides. Theory fighter yoshi has those as a staple....100+ damage unblockable that heals 5% health?!?!? (if just done after first spin..which of course theory yoshi can do..lol...every time). His med unblockable also is NEVER used... I'm probably the only yoshi I've ever seen online use it (but then again I don't see many good yoshi's online and most of the decent ones spend match after match asking me questions o.O).

Naizaki: The most reliable way to nail someone with jumping FLE attacks is to just FLE A+K once or twice right in front of the opponent. Try it sometime. Opponents who try and hit you out of it will move forward slightly while attacking, putting them in the perfect position to get hit by it. FLE A+K, FLE A+K, FLE 66 is the combo of choice here. Credit to RDDK.

Gator: Unfortunately, none of the spinning JFs are NC. They are all only NCc. EVEN if you JF them. Thus, they can never be used as punishers. I'm sure the developers figured it would be too powerful if someone mastered the JFs. So, no guaranteed 5-hits from the JFs combined with the crappy frames that come with 1A and FC 1K keep me from using either series often, if at all. I see it this way. The 1A series is the same speed as BB and does 6 more damage if you hit the entire series on CH. I don't recall if 1A TCs, but that's not a big justification to use it.

I haven't had time to test the 1A and FC 1K JF frame data on block, but the 4A JFs with GB is -2 on block. My guess is that 1A and FC 1K GBs are going to be slightly more negative, but not so much that one can be punished. No advantage gained, though.

Btw, Gator, let me know when you're in Davis / Sacramento area. We should get in some offline games when you're around. I live in Elk Grove right now.

o wow...really? I've honestly never thought to use as a punisher so it was all just a theory guess there.... well that blows..lol... I don't use the series either, because I never find a real chance to use em. And if and when I do use them...its USUALLY because I'm dicking around... Although doing part of the 4A just and then doing something like a launch seems to work sometimes against people (random side note...). fc 1k I actually DO use sometimes though. It hits rolling opponents so sometimes I use it (god ppl like to role against him..). But I agree on the 1A series completely...i feel its some major trash..lol...I don't know if I mentioned it wrong but I was trying to say it was another move that might be used but honestly didn't have much of a point to it other than to "mix it up for fun."

I thought someone did the frames on the different series a while ago and that the info was somewhere hidden in a thread..lol.

I've been hoarding the frame info for myself, because I don't want to get completely slaughtered when I pull out certain "series." Let's just say I did the testing and it's best to just avoid abusing all but the 4A series.

I've been hoarding the frame info for myself, because I don't want to get completely slaughtered when I pull out certain "series." Let's just say I did the testing and it's best to just avoid abusing all but the 4A series.

Word yo :)

I use 4A series quite a bit personally. I like its advance.

I never got the hang of MED A+B, the one where he claps his feet and does a counter involving the shark attack. What triggers it? I never use it because I can't figure out the timing. I find myself not using 46A+K(Soul Siphon)simply because I have to be close and it has a slight delay, which sucks online.

Downward trajectory verticals it seems, or it may be mid verticals in general, cannot remember. It's all style, sad damage for a UB i think :)

Back