Major League Gaming Announces Soulcalibur V!

• Admin
I would have posted this sooner, but I was too busy getting my ass beat at Final Round. This weekend, @MrMLGAdam MLG's Adam Apicella announced that Soulcalibur V and King of Fighters XIII would be joining Mortal Kombat 9 in their fighting game lineup for the 2012 season! In addition to that, the first event would be this month and feature $16,700 in prizes for each game!

The first SC5 tournament at MLG will be between March 23-25 at MLG Columbus Winter Championships. The schedule has already been posted and can be found after the break. Entry fees for MLG events are significantly higher than you may be used to, but the awards are much more lucrative. The majority of readers here are unfamiliar with the MLG experience, but don't worry, there is a very straight-forward announcement post explaining schedules, entry fees and gold memberships on the MLG website.

pcsc545.jpg

Friday
10:30 AM - 10:00 PM Check-In / Registration​
Saturday
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Check-In / Warm-Up
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Winners Round 1
11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Winners Round 2
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM Losers Round 1
12:00 PM - 12:30 PM Losers Round 2
12:30 PM - 1:00 PM Winners Round 3 / Losers Round 3
1:00 PM - 1:30 PM Losers Round 4
1:30 PM - 2:00 PM Winners Round 4 / Losers Round 5
2:00 PM - 2:30 PM Losers Round 6
2:30 PM - 3:00 PM Winners Round 5 / Losers Round 7
3:00 PM - 3:30 PM Losers Round 8​

Sunday
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Warm-Up
12:00 PM - 12:30 PM Winners Round 6 / Losers Round 9
12:30 PM - 1:00 PM Losers Round 10
1:00 PM - 1:30 PM Winners Finals / Losers Round 11
1:30 PM - 2:15 PM Losers Finals
2:15 PM - 3:00 PM Finals​

*All times are subject to change based upon the number of registered Players/Teams.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Same weekend as NCR, with so little warning =/ GL to the entrants with those last minute plane tickets~

Same weekend as an FGC major, but when you consider the fact that the FGC has something scheduled practically every weekend...well, I'm excited regardless. Hope there is a good turnout for all games, and hope MLG handles all games correctly.

Cool... now HOW I'm going to convince OMEGA to take a plane and participate in this MLG tournament? :D

Hopefully in the future MLG and our community can work together to avoid scheduling conflicts. However for now it IS basically tourney season for us, so no matter where they placed it, it was bound to conflict with someone's local major. Avoiding competing events would involve adjustments from both sides, no doubt.

• 1st Place = $6,000
  • 2nd Place = $3,600
  • 3rd Place = $2,400
  • 4th Place = $1,600
  • 5th/6th Place = $1,000
  • 7th/8th Place = $550
Dayum

If you are waiting on money you should contact MLG staff. Saying you want it now will not help. MLG just gave a player I know money from 2003 but that was because he never followed up until last year.

If you need a point of contact for MLG Staff please let me know. I speak to them often ( or even just go on the site and e-mail them yourselves. )

NCR is on the other side of the country. Sucks for the Cali SC players, but I don't see it as too big of a conflict really.

The real question is this:

What is the ruleset?

This would be a great opportunity for MLG to get past their traditional butt-heads with the community reputation and break a different direction.

I'm actually very much in support of this- but I won't go into why here.

The SCV Ruleset is simple compared to Smash ( a game they had ). I do not see why they would choose anything else.

Why would you think that they would do anything but what the community wants.

Live streams

2 Viewers
RespectVibes
RespectVibes
Casual Online PC Matches - Kilik
1 Viewers
LadyKaliMari
LadyKaliMari
Friday Night Gaming |ENG/ 18+| ENVtuber |!discord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members