Mantis Crawl and Landfish thread

Very nice stuff, thanks for displaying all the info.

Should also mention when timed right, LF B while opponents are grounded give a 'infinite' stun while they're grounded, if they guard, roll, or try and tech, unless they get hit twice.

-Manta-

I heard something about that.

Are there any videos displaying this?

When I'm in LF I usually try a few mixups like you said, delayed A's and B's, but when they get the hang of it I A+K out of there, B once or twice, then K to flip onto them. Once they expect that, the next time I'm in LF I A+K back into them again and keep doing mixups, or switch to Mantis.

What's the deal with voldo doing a little hissing thing after you use a few attacks from LF?

It seems like LF ABB or BBA or ABA string together, but after that, he hisses and freezes up.

What gives? Any more info on this stuff?

After 3 quick attacks he stops moving for a bit to hiss, but if you wait a bit after doing the second hit the hiss won't come out.

Cool, that´s good to know, I didn´t try that yet. I´ll edit the first post.

Manta could you provide us with like a video or a little more info on that infinite stun? Did I understand you correctly that it stuns if the opp guards?

Indeed I will.. . I'll post something probably right after my regionals (tomorrow!) It's very useful to anyone who doesn't know about it =)

-Manta-

Heres some stuff I found out about Mcht/mcft :B:+:K:

When I am in front stance, I do FC :(A):+:(K): and when it takes me into MCFT I can do an instant :B:+:K: I usually catch people with this and then do MCHT/MCHT :A:+:K: then then :B: or :K: depending which one i'm in.
You can't do it off of :8:_:2: :(A):+:(K): , I dunno about :6::(A):+:(K):, or other moves that take you into MCFT/MCHT. Just thought that would be some useful information, oh and when you do MCHT/MCFT :(B):+:(K): does the guard impact do anything special or is it just a regular impact?
(I believe I used the right notation for everything.)
Oh you can also do it after :2: :B:+:K: (blind stance or front stance)
Also any time you can do an instant :B:+:K: you can also do :A:+:K:, except after FC :(A):+:(K):

What are your guy's thoughts about this move?
How often do you use it?

LF B+K (back stroke) also hits if your facing feet toward your opponent with Voldo moving away with this move... kinda like how X's tantrum works both ways with head and feet.

Your opponent would have to be running into you for this move to hit though.

Grounded LF B gaurantees LF B

ie (on grounded) LFBB GTD

after LF B on grounded...they can tech. IF you do LF B~5~LF B....they will eat the tech, into another Ground Stun.

Your options are to Keep Single LF B-ing....or when you think they won't tech...finish with LF B.

Not an infinite....but if they're holding gaurd....

laaaaaaaandfiiiiiiish 4ever

Before i get alot of "thats not a real combo" its not really but i dont see alot of combos using the Landfish so its better than nothing:sc2vol2:
I have never played someone who can get away from this or has the brains to side step or GI
This will only work if they are about 2 land fish spaces away from the wall or closer

Here it is The super fantastic LandFish Disco party move
:6::6::(A):,:B:,:A:,:A::+::K:,:K:
if you want you could do
:6::6::(A):,:B:,:A:,:B::+::A:,:A::+::K:,:K:

the impact does nothing special.. just keep using it as well as possible tho'

will get back to you on exactly what it impacts on different players..

Doing MCFT/HT A+K, then doing B+K is interruptable. You're only catching people because they aren't interrupting properly.

Wow, I totally just understood what the OP was saying. My apologies for my first post in regards to this. I went into training mode and was messing with FC [A+K] and sure enough, you can do MCFT B+K pretty instantly upon entering MC. I'm not sure if this is interruptable, but it comes out so fast that I had to test if the B+K would be guaranteed after a CH. Sadly, it isn't, but it is pretty cool that he has it. Anyone know any good combos to do after MCFT B+K? I'm going to try out a few, but please post anything you come up with.

wow, i totally just understood what the op was saying. My apologies for my first post in regards to this. I went into training mode and was messing with fc [a+k] and sure enough, you can do mcft b+k pretty instantly upon entering mc. I'm not sure if this is interruptable, but it comes out so fast that i had to test if the b+k would be guaranteed after a ch. Sadly, it isn't, but it is pretty cool that he has it. Anyone know any good combos to do after mcft b+k? I'm going to try out a few, but please post anything you come up with.

mcft 6a+k, mcft b?

Yeah, that seems like the most damage. Kinda sucks, because I was hoping for some other options that are more creative, and leave you with Oki's as well as deal decent damage. Ah well.

Yeah, that seems like the most damage. Kinda sucks, because I was hoping for some other options that are more creative, and leave you with Oki's as well as deal decent damage. Ah well.

Well, I THINK after a MCFT B+K; MCFT 2_8, LFFT A+K will always hit them for some okay damage. From there, though, you can do all sorts of stuff like stun lock them with LFHT B or go back into Mantis Crawl.

Back