Maxi Combo Discussion

I've been testing 4A+B, 88 B(the full charge guard break version) and it seems like it works. You have to start the second part real early or they'll have time to ukemi left. It does comparable damage to most of the usual combos but if they try to ukemi anywhere after 4A+B then the 88 B stuns them and RC K is guaranteed and they take a shit ton of damage. Also if you're on the left side you must 88 and not 22 and if you're on the right you must do 22...why Im not sure. Feel free to test against other characters (works on Maxi for sure...at least Im pretty sure) cuz I had some wonky results on Natsu but that was before I knew about the difference between 88 and 22.

Edit: dunno why it bolded everything sorry bout that.

66K, W!, A+B, W!, 4B, LO B, RC A B BE, LI A BE 142dmg

44B, PSL1, BL K BE, 66B 82dmg near wall

44B, PSL1, BL K BE, W!, A+B, W!, 4B, LO B, RC A B BE, PSL2, BL K BE 152dmg Great for a last round comeback. Wall seems to help with people teching out of the ending

33B, BL K BE, 66B 103dmg near wall

33B, BL K BE, W!, 4B, LO B, RC AB BE, LI A/LI A BE 133dmg/141dmg

Possibly big combo Daishi was talking about. I can never seem to get a second W! In the combo sadly.

Also on a more positive note 44B, PSL1, BL K BE seems guaranteed. At least the AI never even got the option of teching it. I think it was Leixia who it whiffed on a lot and I have never missed that part once on her.

@ShinKensou,

Awesome vid!

You seem to have all of those wall combos down, and to be honest, I don't generally enjoy testing wall combos for myriad reasons. Basically, I'll be deferring to you guys (the community) on what wall combos to put in the guide, so if you or anyone else wants to test some of them or write them out, I can drop them in a "Wall Combos" section.

Look for version 1.0 tonight or tomorrow.

After 6A+B press 4, that will PSL2 you into BL so you can do the kicks.

Seriously man, once you understand the shifts and the notation NOTHING will confuse you....and there are stickied threads here dedicated to stance shifting, if you take the time to read it and try them yourself ;)
It's quite basic to understand, there's only 2 types of shifts. 6 to PSL1 and 4 to PSL2. The stance you go to depends on the stance that you're currently in eg 1B psl1 goes to BL, while AA psl1 goes to RO

Oh ok see yeah I didn't see any on his stance unless I'm just blind I will look again, once again thank you I know I'm being a little annoying right now, soon I will the guy wait and see.

hotnikkelz said it best with the inputs.

Lot's of high damage coming from Maxi in this game if he's near a wall for sure. The one set of combos I see happening consistently is the side throw combos. Those can most definitely happen and lead to pretty much a dead character. (yay?) But for sure 6A+B BE and the PSL2 4K BE are his juice. After playing many many games I can say that the mixup with BL K BE is really strong and helps out a GREAT deal when you're near the wall. ^_^

Let's go Maxi!
fix'd!

hotnikkelz said it best with the inputs.

Lot's of high damage coming from Maxi in this game if he's near a wall for sure. The one set of combos I see happening consistently is the side throw combos. Those can most definitely happen and lead to pretty much a dead character. (yay?) But for sure 6A+B BE and the PSL2 4K BE are his juice. After playing many many games I can say that the mixup with 4K BE is really strong and helps out a GREAT deal when you're near the wall. ^_^

Let's go Maxi!

There is no 4K BE. There is only BL K BE

Hi, I'm new to this site and the game. Please, I would know the meaning of (W) and CH, cause I cannot find it anywhere! Sorry if this is not the right place to post.

Hi, I'm new to this site and the game. Please, I would know the meaning of (W) and CH, cause I cannot find it anywhere! Sorry if this is not the right place to post.

Check the first post in the "maxi forum directory" for your help with the notations for this game.

Maxi also has specific notation to deal with his 6 stances. I highly recomend you watch the vid thats there as well. Any questions hit me up in a PM

HRD

Here it is!

The Comprehensive Maxi Combo List!

This list should be pretty much complete, minus B+K combos (I can hardly ever get that move off, making testing combos a bitch) and Wall combos, which may be added later if people contribute them.

Barring any strange hitbox issues, these combos should all be COMPLETELY guaranteed (meaning no teching, blocking, or air control can escape) with one exception: Some combos that end in BL~K,K(BE) can be TECHED to the right to escape by some characters. Those combos have been marked with double asterisks (**).

Some notations to know:

WS = "While Standing" aka, while your character is rising from a crouch position.
WR = While Running
BT = Back Turned
RO = Right Outer stance
RC = Right Cross Stance
LO = Left Outer stance
LI = Left Inner Stance
BL = Behind Lower Stance
PSL1 = Holding 6 briefly while in a stance to advance while switching stance
PSL2 = Holding 4 briefly while in a stance to retreat while switching stance

(Patch 1.02 Note: Damages that have been lowered will be listed in RED and raised damage will be in GREEN. On average, his combos have been nerfed by about 5 damage, though anything with an LI~A ender took bigger hits.)

Natural Combos

A,A -- {22 damage}
FC3A,A,A -- {24}
B,B -- {30}
6B4 -- {45}
4B,B -- {34}
WSK,K -- {42}
2A+B -- {46}
B+K:B;B:B;A -- {42}
11_77A -- {40}
11_77B -- {64}
22_88A > LI~A -- {51 Standard : 66 Brave Edge} (Tip range only)

Ro~A,K -- {36}

RC~A,B -- {40}
RC~K,K -- {53}
RC~B > LO~B -- {43}

BL~B,B -- {46}
BL~K,K -- {46 Standard : 61 Brave Edge}

Natural Combos on Counter Hit

6A > RO~A,K -- {49 damage}
1B > RO~A,K -- {58}
2K,B -- {34}
A+B -- {40}
LO~A,K -- {54}

Standard Combos

3B
-->3B -- {44 damage}
-->6A+B -- {52}
-->6A+B(BE) > (brief pause) > LO~B -- {57}
-->6A+B(BE) > PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {89-96 depending on tech} **

-->1K -- {79}

WRK
--> 1K -- {32}

6A+B(BE)
-->LI~A -- {61 : 77 BE)
-->PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {63}

2A+B (first hit only)
-->1K -- {31}

4A+B
-->66~2K,B -- {73~74}
-->44A -- {76} (Good, meterless, ring-out)
-->66B -- {76} (Good wakes)
-->66B+K -- {80}
-->11_77B (To Maxi's RIGHT only) -- {90}
-->666A+B(BE) > PSL2 > BLK,K(BE) -- {108-114 depending on tech} **

4B+K
-->BTB+K -- {76}
-->(brief pause) > 66B -- {88~89} (Good wakes)

WSB+K
-->BL~B -- {48}
-->BL~K,K -- {43 if only one K hits, 61 if both)
-->(brief pause) > 2B,K -- {55}
-->BL~K,K(BE) -- {71}

B+K:B;B:B;A
--> ??? (If anyone can get this consistently and test some combos, post 'em up and I'll add them)

BTB+K
-->66B -- {67} (Good wakes)
-->66B+K -- {71}

66B
-->LI~A -- {63 : 75 BE}
-->PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {83-98 depending on tech} **

33B
-->BL~K,K -- {49 if only one K hits, 68 if both hit)
-->BL~K,K(BE) -- {77}

44B
-->G > 66B -- {56} (Good wakes)
-->G > 66B+K -- {59}
-->PSL1 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {68}
-->RO~B > RC~A,B -- {75}
-->RO~B > RC~A,B(BE) > LI~A -- {91 : 100 BE}
-->RO~B > RC~A,B(BE) > PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {93}

22_88{B}
-->RC~B_K -- {61}

22_88K,A
-->66B -- {63} (Good Wakes)
-->66B+K -- {66}

22_88K,K
-->2K,B -- {63}
-->66B -- {64} (Good wakes)
-->6A+B -- {67}
-->66B+K -- {67}
-->6A+B(BE) > PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {83-86} **

Right-Side Throw
-->BL~K -- {57}
-->BL~K,K(BE) -- {89} **

RO~B
-->RC~B_K -- {38}
-->RC~A,B -- {52}
-->RC~A,B(BE) > LI~A -- {71 : 82 BE)
-->RC~A,B(BE) > PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {73}

RO~K,A or RO~K,K
-->Same options and damages as 22_88K,A or 22_88K,K

LI~B
-->LI~A -- {59 : 70 BE}
-->PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {76-94 depending on tech} (hits on close hit only)

LI~K
-->66B -- {44} (Good wakes)
-->6A+B -- {52}
-->A+B -- {49}
-->6A+B(BE) > LI~A -- {71 : 84 BE}
-->6A+B(BE) > PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {74}
-->CE -- {85}
-->A+Bg > RC~A,B -- {69} NO LONER CONNECTS
-->A+Bg > RC~A,B(BE) > LI~A -- {88 : 106 BE} NO LONGER CONNECT
-->A+Bg > RC~A,B(BE) > PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {89} NO LONGER CONNECTS

RC~A,B(BE)
-->LI~A -- {68 : 84 BE}
-->PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {70} **

Counter Hit Combos

A+Bg
-->RC~A,B -- {50 damage}
-->RC~A,B(BE) > LI~A -- {69 : 80 BE}
-->RC~A,B(BE) > PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {78}

22_88A
-->LI~B > LI~A -- {69 : 76 BE} (Tip range only)
-->LI~K > 6A+B -- {66}
-->LI~K > A+B -- {64}
-->LI~K > 6A+B(BE) > LI~A -- {83 : 94 BE}
-->LI~K > 6A+B(BE) > PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {92}
-->LI~K > A+Bg > RC~A,B -- {87} NO LONGER CONNECTS
-->LI~K > A+Bg > RC~A,B(BE) > LI~A -- {102 : 116 BE} NO LONGER CONNECTS
-->LI~K > A+Bg > RC~A,B(BE) > PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {115} NO LONGER CONNECTS

22_88B
-->RC~B_K -- {61}

LO~B
-->RC~A,B -- {57}
-->RC~A,B(BE) > LI~A -- {76 : 87 BE}
-->RC~A,B(BE) > PSL2 > BL~K,K(BE) -- {84}

Excellent list, Rico. You covered everything, basically. This is going to be really helpful for further reference.

Also I have two questions:

Here it is!
4A+B
-->11_77B (To Maxi's LEFT only) -- {90}

22_88
-->RC~B_K -- {61}

What exactly is this 4A+B, 11B combo? The drum solo after 4A+B? And why only to Maxi's left? What happens to Maxi's left? Perhaps you mean 11_77A?

And what's this attack 22_88? Did you mean 22_88B ?

After 6A+B press 4, that will PSL2 you into BL so you can do the kicks.

Seriously man, once you understand the shifts and the notation NOTHING will confuse you....and there are stickied threads here dedicated to stance shifting, if you take the time to read it and try them yourself ;)
It's quite basic to understand, there's only 2 types of shifts. 6 to PSL1 and 4 to PSL2. The stance you go to depends on the stance that you're currently in eg 1B psl1 goes to BL, while AA psl1 goes to RO
I can't get this to connect after a 6A+B BE no clue why.

Edit: I can get it to connect after the 3B 6A+B BE into BL K BE anywhere on screen, but I'm guessing this series of BE's isn't connectable away from the wall or just point blank in the middle of the ring outside of that specific combo? That is where I cannot connect it after my basic 44B B A.B BE, is it not possible here or is my timing on switch PSL just that bad?

Hold PSL2 (backwards direction) slightly longer than what you are doing now. I beileve BL is the second stance out of PSL2. You are prolly hitting the first stance instead of the second.

HRD

I can't get this to connect after a 6A+B BE no clue why.

Edit: I can get it to connect after the 3B 6A+B BE into BL K BE anywhere on screen, but I'm guessing this series of BE's isn't connectable away from the wall or just point blank in the middle of the ring outside of that specific combo? That is where I cannot connect it after my basic 44B B A.B BE, is it not possible here or is my timing on switch PSL just that bad?

Not possible with just the standalone 6A+B BE, You gotta hit it in a juggle, so you're not doing it wrong. On regular hit, just do LI A, or LI A BE for max dmg :)

Best i16 punisher in the game. 80-100+ dmg

What exactly is this 4A+B, 11B combo? The drum solo after 4A+B? And why only to Maxi's left? What happens to Maxi's left? Perhaps you mean 11_77A?

And what's this attack 22_88? Did you mean 22_88B ?

To answer my own questions:

4A+B, 11_77B is a true combo, easiest and powerful. 90 damage.

About only to Maxi's left, I got what you meant: if you are on 1P side, you have to do 4A+B, 11B; if you are on 2P side, you have to do 77B. Really nice!!!! =D

But you meant to the right, not to the left, right? I tested on Pyrrha.

As for the missing button in the 88_22 part, the forum doesn't allow to type [ B ] together, so I guess that's what you meant.

Back