Maxi Combo Thread

I intend on testing it as soon as I can get on my 360 today.

When I say I didn't test it at all I mean it. After I found otu it combo'd I did it a few more times to make sure it actually could, and after getting it most of the attempts I just continued my search for Tech traps.

So I need to test distance, speed, and what side you hit them on to see if any of those affect it.

nah, just test vs different directions and small, big/medium characters.

A+BG looks very techable though...i'd be suprised if that worked and i didn't know about it :)

This is just odd, it misses more ofte nthan not, but I can't for the life of me tell what causes it to, tech direction seems to not effect it at all.

i think this is all guarentied me and a mate were trying it last night and it seemed to be

wall behind oponenet

6A+B W! BLA LIK 3B W! ROK[K] 4B LOBK 2B+KB
or
6A+B W! BLA LIK 3B W! ROK[K] 4B LOK (posible to AC LOK i think)

I think it's good until RO K,[K]. I didn't think anything was guaranteed that included RO K,[K] cuz the opponent can ukemi after one of the hits (both of the hits?). Even if it's good LO B,K after 4B hits in the air (I assume the opponent gets knocked into the air after RO K,[K] as per usual) should be acable unless you have some kind of weird wall interaction I'm not aware of. If you use LO K instead after 4B the opponent can ac to the left but certain orientations can cause it to become gauranteed (such as when the other guy has his back to a corner). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

nah your right i was testing it a little while ago must have been freak luck last night, but yes ROK[K] will hit (the computer wasnt escaping) and you can ge the 4B after but nothing else is guarentied. although with the computer on random ukemi and air control the 4B K did hit often.

oh well thought it was better but never mind

wall combo (more of a sprit breaker than a damage dealer)

wr[A+B]_22A (CH) LIAA W! BLA LIK B+KBBBA (JF) BT B+K i dont remeber the damage but not great for the effort (especailly of 22A) but its 17 hits in all and thats kind demoralising and maxi is all about getting in your oppents head

It's time I lay a little Maxi Wall combo knowledge on your punk asses.

3A+K, W!, WR A+B, LI K, 6A, RO AK, W!, 4B, LI BK, 2B+KB. Somewhere around 140, give or take fifteen damage.

That's right, 140 damage off of a normal hit low, WR A+B is shakable but even if they do shake it that's a good 70 damage, maybe more.

What's that you say? 3A+K W! seems like it wouldn't be consistent with how you are positioned relative to your opponent, meaning 6A, RO AK won't wall splat? Well you're correct. Sometimes you will be left in a position where the RO AK won't wall splat, however in my tests I've found whenever this happens the other guy is left stunned by LI K with his back towards me, which means I get a free BT throw, adds up to 115 damage.

"But Dr Hobo you panty soakingly fine man you, is this consistent, can you make WR A+B work every time you wallsplat them with" Well......no. I am still testing it to find otu exactly what makes WR A+B hit and what makes it whiff. I can't tell you exactly what decides it but I can list a few things that seem to increase the likelyhood.

Distance seems to have the biggest affect, at first I thought it only worked if you have them right up against the wall and you're as close as possible. But now it's starting to look the other way around, it works much more often if there is a bit of space (only a little bit) between you and them, and them and the wall.

Size of opponent MIGHT have an affect, I seemed to get it more often on Roth than Yun, but when I was testing it on Yun I still thought the close distance was the best way.

I'm reasonably certain I've confirmed the direction the other guy is facing has no affect on it.

Position you are in when you use 3A+K might have an affect.

a whole inch O.o

wow dave must be a woman by now, or is that davina ;)

*puts on old western voice*
in these here parts we call that a HRD after the fore father of the stance blunder.

:P

No Dave is beyond a woman, he's some kind of sub-gender at this point.

I guess I can lose an inch, after all I was already hung like an elvis impersonating horse and that wall combo just made it bigger.

no he means wrA+B not wr[A+B] so yes it is shakeable, but it will catch them but not very regularly its really weird.

also im was testing on voldo and the 4B LOBK was wiffing 100% of the time. :-s

i dont think it will combo. personnaly i would rather go for the easyier guarentied stuff 3A+K w! 4B LOBK 2B+KB
or
wr[A+B] LIK 6A ROAK 4B LOBK 2B+KB

Actually Twiggy, I couldn't get 4B, LOBK to land without doing WHILE RISING (THATS WR NOT WS GOD DAMMIT!) A+B. I should go test that again.

hmmm thats odd cos i was testing that as i wrote it and was gitting the 3A+K w! 4B LOBK 2B+KB with relitive ease but in the mix you did after the 6A ROAK w! the stun was crumpling too fast to conect the 4B. could be charicter specific.

im not a huge fan of the 3A+K wall impact it seems very unrealiable, i would go for it if i saw my self in the position but how often do you find yourself about 20 degrees to a right facing wall and seriously close to it too? honestly speaking i dont think i have ever got that position long enough to actully attempt the 3A+K (and i do try wall work quite often)

i think it will be one of those combos where is cool if you land it but i wouldnt try and fish for it.

What do you guyes have to say about the WR A+B?

Tiamat said:
I don't think LI A has TC properties. WR A+B/WR [A+B] is a pretty good move but they have pretty bad range which limits their versaitily

If your Maxi style involves alot of mind games and if your good at ducking highs or sidestepping I think WR A+B works great and is almost entirely safe when charged beacuse of the frame advantage you get for your a,a,b follow up. I believe only I12 or I13 can interrupt the a,a,b but then both hit at the same time so far for me resulting in minimal poke damage for both sides. Its worth the initial chance to get an awsome stun.

Some opponents get defensive by my fighting style some dont. You have to read your opponent and use the WR A+B accordingly. I kind of love it against players who base their Guard Breaks on anticipitation. I've meet very few players who manage to Guard Break Maxi on reaction not anticipitation. It's a great frightening tool to show players Guard Breaking alot that it can have serious consequences. The 80+ damage follow-ups allow that :)

Back