Maxi General Discussion "The Dandy of the Seas

I mean it is looping and I feel like ur really trying to over complicate it. In SCV maxi never loops standing still like in the older games if u do a 44B as maxi and hit nothing he goes into RO and stops,btw. In 6 Maxi does do a Nuetral Stance Loop like in older games leading to more options me and pwolf discussed this at CEO. The thing is here it’s an aGI doesn’t matterwhat the effects of it are it’s a Auto GI. I thinks it’s funny u say my maxi knowledge is weak though we can run mirrors in any sc and I’d Dust u I’d put money on it :) @DustbusterGF

Only Part 1 of response LOL ty dustbuster for keeping this forum alive.

i see what ur referring too. you mean how many transitions it takes for him to actually be able to Guard again from stance. ur giving it a new name i see i see.

Im actually done with this conversation. Want to see what next Maxi build will show.

@IRM
"I thinks it’s funny u say my maxi knowledge is weak though we can run mirrors in any sc and I’d Dust u I’d put money on it :) @@DustbusterGF"

Wait You want to start a Fight: First to 10 because I made a point. Are you still in HIgh School.
@IRM : I have said this a lot I think You Play Maxi Ugly.. 6A+B Spam, when coming in-close 2A Pokes. Watching you Play Maxi is Ugly But you get the Job Done. You play tour Lvl Safe.. because Sophi Family rules Tier List. X, Seig, Nightm, All the [1-Input Big Fast Damage] use Characters.

I have said a lot That... Im A Stance-Fighter First. Aggressive Controlled Loop Fighting.
Now with SC6: ["aGi"/"aIPp"] & "SC4:Wavering Lights". Maxi has a Complete Safey Net, "if you have the skill." "Looping-Defence"

I would have to Play your style of [Safe-Poke-Fighting 6A+B,1K, 2A spamming, Reset then try to get First Hit Again] and I get bored of that Quick.
I have always avoided maxi 6A+B because SCseries wide, they have always been bad[SC3/4] you got the improved version in SCV:Maxi. I had to adapt to the fact it was good again.
Now in SC6 Gis. Don't Cost Meter. [Your approach game sucks] Good Luck to you.

Hope they Bring back [2G Low Guard Impact]. Because SC6: 6G: Guard Impact is going to look UGLY Gi'ing "Nunchaku Lick[SC2/4:3B+K] [SC6:1B]" with a High Gi. same with Kiliks ranged Hard Low.

Last edited:
Im actually done with this conversation. Want to see what next Maxi build will show.

@IRM
"I thinks it’s funny u say my maxi knowledge is weak though we can run mirrors in any sc and I’d Dust u I’d put money on it :) @@DustbusterGF"

Wait You want to start a Fight: First to 10 because I made a point. Are you still in HIgh School.
@IRM : I have said this a lot I think You Play Maxi Ugly.. 6A+B Spam, when coming in-close 2A Pokes. Watching you Play Maxi is Ugly But you get the Job Done. You play tour Lvl Safe.. because Sophi Family rules Tier List. X, Seig, Nightm, All the [1-Input Big Fast Damage] use Characters.

(im just saying we here to play Soul Calibur and u throwin a little bit of shade, now if you wanna dodge thats fine but lets be real here, you have made zero points. The way i play maxi is the correct way id say :D, Ill just go to prove it again in SCVI.)

I would have to Play your style of [Safe-Poke-Fighting 6A+B,1K, 2A spamming, Reset then try to get First Hit Again] and I get bored of that Quick.
I have always avoided maxi 6A+B because SCseries wide, they have always been bad[SC3/4] you got the improved version in SCV:Maxi. I had to adapt to the fact it was good again.
Now in SC6 Gis. Don't Cost Meter. [Your approach game sucks] Good Luck to you.

(Every Relevant Maxi player from the past games ive talked to all love maxi 6A+B just dont like it being a high says its good move. Maxi's 2A is godly and it stops pressure why should i not spam it?? i wanna control space, and i wanna dance on them good poke good tool.I dont find it that odd you find winning boring. And actually GI being free gives Me as a player more mix ups so aye im down, My approach does suck and i have been watching alot of my Vods so at Summer Jam ill get to play again. You should come to an Event and test ur Theories. Until then thats all they will be are theories.)
PS. Thanks for the well wishes.

Yo Peep @11:07 in the CoolCMcgee Vid, its a forward W! Combo Started by new RC K after a RO B~LO B. so basically CH RO B~LO B~RC K W!. i flubbed but i think B+K JF probably works. i tried to Braindead a 4BB but obviously i already did a LO B in the combo. So i think usual Wall shit applies here but this is a cool new way to get to wall and i like it LOL. 33K from stance is cool. back on track SOOOO 6B+K or 6B+Kg into SCV BnB EXCEPT you do RC AA so my theoriezed combo would be this
(Put on Maxi Vision Goggles)
RO B~LO B~RC K~ W! 6B+Kg~RCAA. Pretty basic shit but new animations make this nice and the damage should be pretty good. Or we could do 6B+K again for second W! hit and do B+K JF.
FUCK I WANNA PLAY MORE!!!
@Saitoh @SC_Yin @Marginal @DustbusterGF

EDIT:
Also Peep 14:00 in the video some janky LO K shenanigans on airhit doing 4B~LO K Lmao
EDIT2:
PEEEP @16:52 when X innitiates RE i read correctly and do RE A however i canceled it into Behind Lower. I didnt notice this but if you hit RE AA he does a low sweep that Knocks down im wondering maybe there are other options like RE AB or something. Maybe its just
to test more at SUMMER JAM!!!

imma keep editing as i see more, funnily enough i havent watched this CoolC Vid back yet so im finding new jank haha.

Maxi vs X:
@2:20: Im Conflicted the BL Ping Baited out a reaction Gi...lolol I like what happened there; but, High Lvl Play Pings give to much info on Maxi and what he is doing. I don't mind the glow, I don't mind the "Gi Ping on Ro" but in every other S-T it's giving info that your Rotating.
The glow is fine, the noise is telling them not to Mashout Buttons.

@5:32: Ro B stun shake out... X shakes out of stun B Masher. "use WL protection" Now we have to worry about other characters that Stun Shake out. [SCV: Hydra Talon]Ro B is better stun and gives Rc A, B

@7:24 to 7:30: All Nice. that mash out of RO B again. [SCV: Hydra Talon]Ro B is better. WL B is a chase tool and covers distance.
Range Ivy was SC4 maxi problem you cant touch range Ivy. Gi'ing her at distance give you nothing WL B can chase her but only second hit might touch her..

@10:06 -10:15 Everthing was MINTY FRESH
I cant wait to people to learn to take the BL K K because BL B is HOT.

@11:06 to 11:09: it looks like to get Full Crumble Stun "Ro B, Lo B" must hit then you get free Rc AA Li A. with this you were close to the wall..
in other Vids "Ro B, Lo B" would push to far away for free Rc AA Li A to Work. The Lo B would push them out of RC AA range.

SCV: Ro B[Hydra Talon] gives Rc A,B. on Hit
SC6: Ro B Lo B gives Rc AA > Li. sometimes. Ro B is Stun shakeable.
This SC4 Maxi Ro B design into SC4 jump RC B[9B].

X stun shakeout happened like 3 time in vid
[SCV: Hydra Talon]Ro B Stun is better

Last edited:
Reactions: IRM
@DustbusterGF apparently, shakestuns arent in the game and that was just me failing to confirm the combo. The recovery was hella fast though and she was able to mash, we gonna have to be on point with Hit confirms now more than ever it seems if recovery is that fast!!.

IRM in that X video at like 11:10 after the wall splat when you hit 4BB but she blocked the k, are you saying you were just slow to get it out or is that now blockable?

IRM in that X video at like 11:10 after the wall splat when you hit 4BB but she blocked the k, are you saying you were just slow to get it out or is that now blockable?
The combo Dropped there because i already did Lo B in the combo earlier on.

So i have a video of about half of maxi's Move list and among examination ive found about 8 moves that have maxi loop two stances while standing still. Basically old SC2 style as opposed to how in SCV the same would be acheived automatically by pressing nothing and maxi would move forward giving a more obvious looping que. This shit is sneaky lol basically off these moves maxi gets 9 Options. For instance off 4AB4 and 66B LO Maxi will go into Left Outer then transition to Behind Lower and then guard. As SCV maxi shows to get to this you would have to do 6B4 PSL2. maxi will do this automatically now and NOT MOVE at all being a sneaky minge. So now that leaves it like this 66B LO~BL~g all in the span of like .0002 seconds.

PS.
Also if ur keen it means you can then PSL between both options depending on timing(THIS IS A THEORY THOUGH!!!)

So i have a video of about half of maxi's Move list and among examination ive found about 8 moves that have maxi loop two stances while standing still. Basically old SC2 style as opposed to how in SCV the same would be acheived automatically by pressing nothing and maxi would move forward giving a more obvious looping que. This shit is sneaky lol basically off these moves maxi gets 9 Options. For instance off 4AB4 and 66B LO Maxi will go into Left Outer then transition to Behind Lower and then guard. As SCV maxi shows to get to this you would have to do 6B4 PSL2. maxi will do this automatically now and NOT MOVE at all being a sneaky minge. So now that leaves it like this 66B LO~BL~g all in the span of like .0002 seconds.

PS.
Also if ur keen it means you can then PSL between both options depending on timing(THIS IS A THEORY THOUGH!!!)

There were certain things what would cause different stances than expected in SCIV it was part of what maed him unpredictable in higher level play (that being said in higher level play looping was really risky and would normally be punished unless you were really in someones head), SCV was really dumbed down to the point of being completely boring brain dead non looping no fun.

I cant help but feel that a lot of the SCV maxi mains are really going to struggle to get in to the looping game, you can still do the playing safe (2A, 1B, 3K, 6A+B etc and reset/poke to wins) but the pure joy of PSL3 (A+K from any stance) aGi was half the fun (even though the aGi window on that move first transition was wonky as hell)

things like getting in someones head and making them think 6A~ROAK was always coming but instead going 6A~RO>PSL3>LOBK or the other way 4B>LOBK or 4B~LO>PSL3>ROA[K].

Maxi in SCIV was a complicated beast compared to the very much simplified SCV version and im hoping with his move set currently looking like a SCII/SCIV mash up with a few SCV tweaks he will have his interesting game back, if not i guess I will probably loose all interest in the game as i did with SCV.

I want PSL3 more than anything LO>RO>LO>RO transition with aGi properties, added to that he auto teabags its perfect for end game replays lol.

actually i just realised that my sig has a couple of the odd transitions noted in it, as i just said let me break it down as all these moves could be canceled in to the next or left to connect at any point and some of the stance alterations are not expected. note natural stance progression (nothing pressed) is 1 stance more then back to neutral (Ro>BL>Li>Lo>Rc>Ro)

A+B was a strong move with 2 hits, canceled A+Bg took you to RC

RC has good options and naturally cycles to RO then netural, HOWEVER, PSL3 rather than looping RC>RO forced a different stance RC>PSL3~LI this is unexpected as you would think if PSL3 is LO>RO>LO>RO then makes sense to follow natural progression RC>RO not force a complete change to LI which is not even in PSL3's usual loop)

LIB is probably one of maxi's best moves imho, massive side step and can be canceled in to LI (LIBg~LI both charged and non charged version) which could be used for multiple steps to change back to a LI stance move, HOWEVER, with the correct timing you could just frame his cancel in to RO, so you could let this LIB hit or cancel out to LI or late cancel to RO!

ROKA applied a whole bunch or pressure and left you in LO (normally most people follow up with LOBK for obvious reasons, however on block thats bad as we all know) so LO naturally goes to RC, HOWEVER, this time we use a standard transition with PSL3 (PSL3 is LO>RO>LO>RO stationary) back in to RO

ROAK could be held to cause GC so ROA[K] left you at good frames for either a throw or a follow up 4[A+B] (GC Launch with 33bA>RCA>2B+KB combo)

And at any point you could WL (B+K in any stance to aGi and stop chain)

obviously the chain (not combo lol) of moves is highly impractical but it was a series of moves to show off some of the more complicated stance/cancel/charged plays you could make (especially if you are in someones mind) however i often used LI{B}:g>ROAK in fights as people would brace for the GC off LI and then when it didnt come try to poke and ROAK would catch a lot.

@twiggywales
SC6:Maxi with All SC2:PsLs including "LO>RO>LO>RO" Purple with 8-WayRun...THAT IS THE DREAM MAXI.

Alot you Maxi Players Dont understand the Difference between Stance-Transitions and Looping.

Looping: SC2 B, Ro A>BL >Rc. [{A+K}forcing Li] Hold&Release it with continuious [A+K~Li] Control. Why? "Canyon Carve" was about Movement and Intimidation. creating Whiffs & Dodging were BONUS.
Psls/S-T: SC5 1B, Ro A>BL> Li> Lo>Rc>Ro. All Forward[6] Stance-Transition[PsLs] for the NewKids to lazy to push buttons.

SC2/4: Forward[6] Ro>BL>Rc>Ro. Hold&Release[A+K] control of Li "You had Choice" Li>Rc>Li>Rc Quick Transistion Control "Standing Still".
SC5 : Forward[6] Ro>BL>"Li>Lo">Rc>Ro. They inserted "Li>Lo" to Simplify it into a S-T. No Control. "Automatic" Less Options.. wait for 2S-Ts to get back into Rc. "2 Full Rotations Forward".

To Dumb-Down Maxi they inserted "Li>Lo" after BL. They turned that Looping into a S-T "Automatic for TheKids".
Now you get MORONS who say shit like "Its Automatic" because they think pushing Forward[6] & Back[4] is Looping.

Looping is holding "a Transition" while in combat, waiting for your opponent's next decision to Attack, Retreat, or Block.
On Attack: SC4:Wavering Light, if you have the skill to catch their next incoming B input.
On Retreat: too come-out of your Loop [Knowing{Maxi Skills}] how to chase and Keep Your Rotations/Transition Going. [Maxi is a Train/Energizer Bunny]
On Block: While in Loop you try again to open them up create a reaction [Ro], [Canyon Carve], [BL], [Rc] options too open them up again.

#*PsL 3 is Mandatory*.
ONLY MAXI VETERANS: Will understand these: [Options] = [You have Controlled Choice]
SC6 Version: Do you know how sexy Looping Rolling BL > "Li [A/B] > Rc [B] > Li [A/B] > Rc [B]". [knowing with you have] > SC6:Ro aGi/aIPp and Wavering-Lights as a Safety Net Defence. Your A Non Stop Offensive Maxi.
I Play SCV Maxi the same way I Play SC4 Maxi but in SC6:PsL3 means "I get My Tools Back."
Like: The Cranberries "Zombie" I am going to be "In your Head", "In your Head".

Aggressive Controlled Loop/Stance Fighting.
My goal with SC6:Maxi, if All Psls are avaliable is to show you never have to Hold Guard to block with Maxi unless you know your going to get Hit.
To show SC2:Maxi[ACL/SF] With SC6 PowerPolish & Safety Net Defence.

Momentum, Overly Aggressive Stance Fighting. Thats what makes them Different and Cool:
Maxi, Taki, Talim, Kilik, Zasa, Raph, Ivy, Voldo

SC5: Hydra Talons [RO-B into Rc] CH properties is Mandatory for Rc A A to work properly. The Current SC6: "Ro B, Lo B" Rc A A misses/whiffs a lot unless close to wall.

Last edited:
rofl I have no idea what kind of fourth-dimensional chess you folks think you were playing with SCIV Maxi but playing against someone who knew every interrupt and punish opportunity (and there were a whoooole fucking lot) was pure agony. no "mind game" exists when your opponent knows all they have to do is smack you out of a stance transition or wait for you to do something unsafe and your only countermeasures are unreliable auto-GIs.

anyway SC6 Maxi is neat so far. let’s start a standing B discord.

rofl I have no idea what kind of fourth-dimensional chess you folks think you were playing with SCIV Maxi but playing against someone who knew every interrupt and punish opportunity (and there were a whoooole fucking lot) was pure agony. no "mind game" exists when your opponent knows all they have to do is smack you out of a stance transition or wait for you to do something unsafe and your only countermeasures are unreliable auto-GIs.

I Like this comment because its True. :) - Words of a poke fighter. :)

Now with SC6: ["aGi"/"aIPp"] & "SC4:Wavering Lights". Maxi has a Complete Safety Net, "if you have the skill." "Looping-Defence"
PsL 3 is Mandatory.
SC6:Maxi with All SC2:PsLs.

Last edited:
none of his stances have show that a simple 2K wont blow up 90% of stance shenanigans. His weakness to Hori Lows is still horrid, i thought id throw that in. he's still weak to low kick horizontals and cant GI them. Only Can GI Mid Kicks with WL. Maxi is still weak in that department :/ then again the only real anti low threat is Old RO KK string and Legend Kick.

none of his stances have show that a simple 2K wont blow up 90% of stance shenanigans. His weakness to Hori Lows is still horrid, i thought id throw that in. he's still weak to low kick horizontals and cant GI them. Only Can GI Mid Kicks with WL. Maxi is still weak in that department :/ then again the only real anti low threat is Old RO KK string and Legend Kick.
PSL 1 and 2 aGI get stuffed.

Ill gladly take a low damage, "throughout K -interrupt" by my opponent over mashing 2A, 2B, Stab because they are FAst. Now opponents have to think about how to interrupt properly.

:sc2maxi1:kick me with a 2K in Ro pls........LMAO....:sc2maxi1:

Ill gladly take a low damage, "throughout K -interrupt" by my opponent over mashing 2A, 2B, Stab because they are FAst. Now opponents have to think about how to interrupt properly.

:sc2maxi1:kick me with a 2K in Ro pls........LMAO....:sc2maxi1:
i mean that low could be a ring out or death, but its nothing to really bescared to press against anyway.

PSL 1 and 2 aGI get stuffed.
That's interesting. Stance GI vs mid kicks now still sounds pretty good

Back