Maxi General Q&A

Wow Someone that gets it:)Lol...
If i wanted to poke fight seriously i would main Cass
If i wanted to poke fight high damage i would main sopit
if i wanted to poke fight and get free damage i would us Yoshi
thats why i dont care about tours the best AAs and BBs characters just end up pokin and grabin.. fiasco :) i did that style of fighting in SC2 with maxis WR A and 2A/1K abuse.

and I bet it was boring as hell. My main concern is that each character feels unique. SC2 felt like Tekken with weapons. SC4 at least TRIED to make each character feel unique via subsystems, or emphasizing certain styles of play. My opinion stems from that of a more interesting game, not a personal interest that my videogame avatar is effective "the way I want to play him".

-Idle

OK guys, maybe SCII Maxi was boring(not for me though) but you know what? He was competitive! And i want him to be competitive again, you not?

And i just don´t see a "loop-heavy" Maxi being a competitive one... I just don´t see it...

Reactions: HRD
OK guys, maybe SCII Maxi was boring(not for me though) but you know what? He was competitive! And i want him to be competitive again, you not?

And i just don´t see a "loop-heavy" Maxi being a competitive one... I just don´t see it...

I agree with you there totally. Dustbuster wants all these mega-non ending loops cause he likes to play "the art of confusion" type of maxi. To each his own I guess, But I totally agree that a loop heavy maxi will not be competative at all. I desperatly want maxi out of the shit-tier and up mid to high level! getting knocked out of heavy loops will kill that immediatly!!

HRD

I agree with you there totally. Dustbuster wants all these mega-non ending loops cause he likes to play "the art of confusion" type of maxi. To each his own I guess, But I totally agree that a loop heavy maxi will not be competative at all. I desperatly want maxi out of the shit-tier and up mid to high level! getting knocked out of heavy loops will kill that immediatly!!

HRD

Yeah.. You know i wish i could see what the future(SCV) holds for Maxi... I want him to be competitive again. He is imo a great Character who really deserves that. We shall see... :/

In hindsight, I like the way Maxi played in SC2. Yes, it was poke-heavy, but he had some neat ways to make the opponent flinch, and stances could be effective if used in the right situations.

To loop effectively, Maxi needs enough frame advantage mid-stance to score counter hits and scare the opponent into blocking. He did kind of have this in SC2, but it wasn't really enough to force the opponent to freeze up so Maxi could get a heavy loop game going. Well-placed shorter loops could work (think something like B -> PSL2(?) -> RC A), but you'd need to spend some time training the opponent first. I sort of think that's how it should be, with maybe some tweaks to make longer stance shifts good under the right circumstances (during a guard break, say). Maxi would need some pretty ridiculous blockstun to make heavy looping viable, and I just don't see that happening.

HRD

IF Maxi had Sc3 BB Nc he would be a beast
:6::bA::A::B: nc

@JAGTHEGEMINI
MY competitive play: 4B, 1k, Grab, 44AB, 3B, 1B, 6B,b,b poke game, 1A, 66BG, Ro A, k. BL Guess. eveything else is just situational and [pressure moves]

:sc2maxi1:MyWish:sc2maxi2: Heavy loop competitive
As For Me:) IF his pSls All had auto-A-Gi he would never get poked out of stances and B+KGI would make sense in catching B Pokes. and the only safe way to hit him would be off of his stance A, B, K inputs. top players would have to know whats coming out next and GI it. Which they already do, but it would make looping safer and turn it into stance guessing game for opponents. which means i have to trick you with stance shifts to get hits [veterns only] and suprise catch your A and B interupts with auto-A-Gi Psls and B+KGi:)

Lol if my nunchucks arent going to turn on fire[UB] while looping for over 5 sec just give All PSls auto A Gis..
[im not even being greedy by saying give me Amys autoGi properties:):):)]

You know how you make looping effective? Simple. Make his loop starters mids that give adv into loops on hit, but interruptable transitions (barring a risky evade or parry) on block. Then give him REALLY FUCKING GOOD POKING LOWS... but not knd lows. Were talking lows that are even or +on hit, or even SAFE on block... but make them do TRASH damage.

The loops themselves ought to follow 33/33/33 style mixups with some 50/50's and some 25/25/25/25's. Make the safest options transition safely into other loops on block; to force the opponent to proactively defend themselves, but the safe options ought to never give combos or big damage.A hit with a loop move ought to give optional loop transitions in addition to a single forced one. Make risky loop damage far and away exceed his poke damage, and even his throw damage.

In this way, Maxi is played like a methodical freight train. Once he get's going, stopping him becomes difficult, and if you try and not let him; your forced to deal with tons of aggravating moves.

-Idle

(PS Hire me namco, you know you want to.)

Edit: Another good idea is give him CH fishing mids that are non-loop starters that give shakeable stuns, which in turn allow Maxi to "start up" his loop game for free while the opponent shakes. Damn i'm good.

@soakrates

it was way easier to loop with maxi in SC2 years.. Hell Li K always worked. but as time passed people learn to read and block it. In Sc4 Li K hitting is a miracle:) His basic stuff doesnt work anymore. Thats why i dont make Vids im not educating people on how to defend a character whos SC2 Freedom was removed. The Mans stances havnt changed, same old Ro Li Bl RC Lo with not enough options or safety.

If i could toss out a A+B command in any PSls that did 66BG or 6A+B i would be happy its all about more options.
SC2 gave me a world where i could hold A+K Walk around and still attack, SC3 Ruined that Dream, SC4 gives me Hope and now SC5 has me Wishing:)

Idle:
I could get behind that. I think what you describe was essentially what Maxi was supposed to be in SC2 and 3. He had some pretty annoying lows in those games (and a really fucking annoying low in 3), and he did have advantage on block going into stance much of the time. Hell, standing B in SC2 gave him around +6 on block going into RO, one of his stronger stances. I think one big problem was that his NC game was severely nerfed from SC1, and there were just too many characters with fast interrupts to get a lot of shifts going.

If you recall back in SC1, movesets for pretty much the entire cast had lots of frame advantage which made the game more offensive. And they completely went the opposite direction with SC2 and beyond. XD
If SC5 can bring back that frame advantage, then Maxi can be free to loop as much as he wants without the fear of being punished (Too badly). He had a good amount of NC's as well. Maybe we can get those back? :)

Hmm honestly Maxi hasn't been good at all since SC1. 2A+B was his saving grace in SC3 though. I honestly don't care if he's great or what not, as long as he still has manly shit, and could compete. I want shit to be balanced, so I can compete with every character i choose.

lol:) well i guess astr is not in the game as well cause maxi will still be hunting him down:)lol
And the good guy team of X, kilik and Maxi must have disbanded. Meanwhile X and kilik must have a kid that uses a longsword-staff weapon LMAO.. oh boy.... the only character that will surprise me if not in the game would be Yoshi. his like the namco trademark character.

I'm probably the minority here but I think SC4 maxi with minor tweaks would be pretty damn good......but basically what idles saying is:

swap BL A and RC A a. That way BL has a strong 50/50 or give him SC3 BL B
increase RO Bs speed by 1 frame and make it unshakeable on NH
make WL A its old command 2A+B
maxi 6A>RO A needs to be NC or 6A needs to be safe either or......not both
3A needs to not slurp liquid assholes.....it can't really get any worse...unsafe on nh what the hell kinda fail...?
RO K should be an unsafe mid

Im sorry, that all sounds wack to mE
Best Stance moves: Rc A, Ro A or K, BL KK, Lo B or A. Li B or BG.
swap BL A and RC A a. That way BL has a strong 50/50 or give him SC3 BL B
increase RO Bs speed by 1 frame and make it unshakeable on NH
make WL A its old command 2A+B
maxi 6A>RO A needs to be NC or 6A needs to be safe either or......not both
3A needs to not slurp liquid assholes.....it can't really get any worse...unsafe on nh what the hell kinda fail...?
RO K should be an unsafe mid

swap BL A and RC A. WHAT..do you play maxi Rc sucks, the only reason to use that stance is the summersult.
AA has more range than Bl A. that shit would be Gied everytime.
[AA Rc 3A sounds better..AA into RcA[3A].only if they increase Rc K speed ]

RC A being 66A sounds better, more so if RC k is made into 22KK [speed up Rc] freeing up SC2 style 66A summersult to fuck up steppers;P

make WL A its old command 2A+B. Confused While landing 2A+B?????? a low hit im gueesin???

increase RO Bs speed by 1 frame and make it unshakeable on NH. ???? No need just Bring back SC2 4A+K and his fine. [evade]
3A should be unshakeable and crumble stun like mitsu. [SC2 4A+K] would make 3A a bait move on block:) [evade]

...................................................:)Im a Genius:)...................................................
:sc2maxi1:Hell why not, 3A being BLA that would freeup and bring back SC2 [Serpants bind :(6)::bA::A::B:NC:):):)] and be a Loop/stance Starter like 3B:):):sc2maxi2:
SC5 Maxi
if - Rc A was SC4 66A, Rc K was SC4 22KK, 3A was SC4 BL A.
RO A, K.
RO A, A. The second Ro A input Being Sc4 3A
SC5 3A = BL A loop/stance-starter or BL A, [:A::A::B:][NC]Serpents Bind.
.................................................................................................................

RO K should be an unsafe mid.????? :0Lol.....:)Jesus do you even like maxi:)

What about grab moves that do little damage but leave maxi in certain stance.
Example: 66A+G that knees opponent in the gut and leave maxi in BL stance
66B+G being a command grab like talims or kiliks [B+KGi having command grab option]
44B+G goes the regular B+G damage without the over the backslam leaving maxis back to opponent for low-swipe and reverse blow mixes.
who wants a back grab Bruce Lee choke.... i do.:)

Back